Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 05:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
*I* am interested in the way in which "feminism" has been distorted and reviled.
Exactly why it's important, and exactly why such distortion (perpetrated by these new feminists) should be criticized. Don't you see that? We don't like what this new "feminism" asserts. You don't like what this new "feminism" asserts. Criticizing them doesn't mean we're attacking you, or attacking women, or attacking all feminism. It means we're attacking bad ideas.
Quote:
I'm "going after a particular person." Hmm. Let's see. I've addressed her twice in this thread. That constitutes "going after" someone? You've addressed me three or four times now, so what how can one interpret that?
I like to have conversations about ideas. If you have nothing personal against any particular person, then my mistake.
Quote:
She began this thread. She begins lots of threads, often with the same tone.
It sounds like you have identified someone whose threads you don't want to open.
Quote:
You, for some reason, think she can't deal with it effectively and she needs you to come to her rescue. I think you're using a pretense of concern for her to come after me.
Sorry you feel attacked by me. To me, the thread topic and tone was appropriate. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times
Wow..VidCon defends Anita even [i]despite] admitting she violated their policy:

https://medium.com/@VidCon/vidcon-debrief-e6bb4e187a28

Quote:
Our founder, Hank Green, talked with our panelist and said two things:

1. He told her that her comment had violated our policy, but that he understood that there was a broader context (which to be clear, we were blissfully ignorant of until this weekend, and remain inexpert in.)

2. He apologized to her for not having been more aware of and active in understanding the situation before the event, which resulted in her being subjected to a hostile environment that she had not signed up for.
We agreed that she would go forward and continue on as a panelist on a later panel.
So they admit she violated their policy yet won't do anything, and let her continue and even go to say just by people simply being there she was "subjected to a hostile environment".

Dear god. Why are so many such limp-wristed idiots when it comes to this woman??? Why won't anyone even dare to knock her out of her ivory tower??

Criticism does NOT = harassment!

Old 06-27-2017, 10:06 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
It isn't just feminists, it's these ultra liberals who are driven by hate above all.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:13 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Wow..VidCon defends Anita even despite admitting she violated their policy
Their event, ya know.

There are plenty of people at every convention who violate con policy without being removed from their panels or from attendance. If you don't like how the con handled it, don't give them your money. Fairly easy stuff.

No, Anita is not above criticism, but their event, their rules.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Their event, ya know.

There are plenty of people at every convention who violate con policy without being removed from their panels or from attendance. If you don't like how the con handled it, don't give them your money. Fairly easy stuff.

No, Anita is not above criticism, but their event, their rules.
Perhaps. But I can't help but feel if it were a man that said such things to a woman he'd be kicked out ASAP.

It's exceedingly obvious she doesn't even believe her own BS and is just in it for the money (speaker fees) and publicity. She doesn't even play games...

This sits well with virtue signalers who pretend not to notice, because they themselves are full of **** and assume everyone else is too, because c'mon, nobody like actually follows a moral code amirite?

The left is conditioned to ignore the obvious but inconvenient reality. When called out on it, they think you're doing a thing as in a strategy, like they do with absolutely everything.

This is the leftist epiphany (the counterpart of the red pill): you can ignore principles. Not only that, you could've been ignoring principles all this time and didn't realize it until now! "And hey, that's probably what everyone else has been doing, that's why they're so successful and I'm not!" That's the "secret" they figured out. Then they do gatherings and act smarmy together and pretend to be the most virtuous people on the planet, and support each other insofar as it advances their own position (and they support and discuss the secret power of having no morals), but since they have no morals, they very easily turn on each other when their own position is threatened. They're all also simultaneously trying to apply the secret to cheat each other in some way, like "male feminists" trying to gain an edge with women.

There was never a chance the running the conference would dare question the queen.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-28-2017 at 03:42 AM..

Old 06-27-2017, 11:49 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Perhaps. But I can't help but feel if it were a man that said such things to a woman he'd be kicked out ASAP.
Then run your own event and kick both genders out for being buttheads.

Quote:
It's exceedingly obvious she doesn't even believe her own BS and is just in it for the money (speaker fees) and publicity. She doesn't even play games...
"She doesn't even go here"

And on Wednesdays, we wear pink.

Quote:
nobody like actually follows a moral code amirite?
You're probably being sarcastic, but it's true.

Quote:
The left is conditioned to ignore the obvious but inconvenient reality. When called out on it, they think you're doing a thing as in a strategy, like they do with absolutely everything.
Perhaps you missed it in your sardonic rant, but several lefties (-waves- hello) and feminists on this thread have stated that she's trash.

Quote:
This is the leftist epiphany (the counterpart of the red pill): you can ignore principles. Not only that, you could've been ignoring principles all this time and didn't realize it until now! "And hey, that's probably what everyone else has been doing, that's why they're so successful and I'm not!" That's the "secret" they figured out. Then they do gatherings and act smarmy together and pretend to be the most virtuous people on the planet, and support each other insofar as it advances their own position (and they support and discuss the secret power of having no morals), but since they have no morals, they very easily turn on each other when their own position is threatened. They're all also simultaneously trying to apply the secret to cheat each other in some way, like "male feminists" trying to gain an edge with women.
Where you got this out of "Anita is trash, but their event, their rules", I dunno. But okay. Have fun with that.

Quote:
There was never a chance the ***** running the conference would dare question the queen.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...lace-award.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-28-2017 at 03:42 AM..

Old 06-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Then run your own event and kick both genders out for being buttheads.

"She doesn't even go here"

And on Wednesdays, we wear pink.

You're probably being sarcastic, but it's true.

Perhaps you missed it in your sardonic rant, but several lefties (-waves- hello) and feminists on this thread have stated that she's trash.

Where you got this out of "Anita is trash, but their event, their rules", I dunno. But okay. Have fun with that.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...lace-award.png
Okay...just go ahead and support this crap. Oh, BTW, she was an assistant for a PUA guy:

Anita Sarkeesian is Who We Thought She Was: A Fraud (UPDATE)

Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 PM

218 posts, read 172,150 times
I find it very funny.

Anita was a big Hillary advocate.

Hillary literally invited Trumps main rival who is regularly insulting to Trump to sit front and centre during the live TV debate.

Some-one Anita doesn't like turns up and sits quietly in the front row of her conference, she throws abuse at him from on stage. He doesn't throw anything back but takes it in a good natured manner initially.

She then claim's it's him abusing her by merely showing up.

Anita is a coward who can't take even the idea something might not be possible for her to control and she might at some point have to argue against opposition to her ideology instead of try to use laws and systems as cudgels to stop any possible descent.

The reason Anita keeps calling for games to have more strong women is simple. Because as a role model Anita herself acts almost worse than any Damsel in Distress, she's a coward who calls for conversation and works to shut down or remove any potential reach criticism of her can get.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:03 PM

Things that have actually happened in the past.

A tabloid publication posting stories and claims about the immorality of Hollywood stars led to films facing strict censorship before release and caused older films such as King Kong to be re-cut.

A single psychological Researcher publishing 1 book on unsubstantiated (non peer reviewed) research and claims about comic books lead to vast restrictions on comic books.

A Priests Wife and another elderly lady claiming violence and "Toxic Machismo" in films and on TV was specially harmful and because of it either as a direct result of them campaigning against it or indirect result of action but their following these things happened:

The Evil Dead film had to go to court ~33 times before it was allowed to be released on video.
Police Raided video stores and remove copies of films including: I spit on your grave , Cannibal Holocaust, Dawn of the Dead, Friday the 13th and Scanners,
The Exorcist was withdrawn from VHS store shelves in the UK
Resulted in the cease of distribution in the cinema and prevention of home video release until 2001 of A Clockwork Orange.
Caused the re-editing and re-writing of some Dr Who episodes.

People are rightfully worried because all the rhetoric coming from Anita is no different that a number of hardcore bible thumpers of the past just re-packed and with actual experience working PR.

And then you have to consider she's been trying to push her stuff as academic material in school too...

Then you have to consider how all of the MSM and gaming sites are pushing her with pretty much 0 criticism present anywhere.

She keeps being invited to big talks everywhere and can break the rules and gets only articles defending her in the MSM and big gaming journos sites while if this was anyone else doing this at vidcon, this wouldn't happen.

There's practically 0 pushback from the mainstream media, instead, completely enabling her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies