Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times

Advertisements

Here is her perspective:

On VidCon, Harassment & Garbage Humans | Anita Sarkeesian | Feminist Frequency

--------------------------------------------

By the way, I don't think that Sargon / Rogan interview is very successful. I started at 0m0s and had to stop about 40 minutes in. The problem is the breadth and depth of Sargon's knowledge of history, philosophy, sociological memetics, and political ideology is such that Joe is struggling from behind on everything. Joe's also over-caffeinated today and keeps asking questions about tiny irrelevant points in what Sargon is saying (this is not unusual for Joe but he's having a hard time with the particular way Sargon conveys information).

I also feel Sargon has been overtly confrontational and sardonic toward Anita at a couple points (in contrast to his demeanour when talking to Dave Rubin or Tim Pool, much more successful interviews).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 01:29 PM

983 posts, read 738,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
What thin-skinned drama queen.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:44 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
But the thing is, with MILLIONS of people you always get are bound to get the sleaziest of people. Heck, even regular Sports people get awful things said/sent them. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wr9EuivCds
Dude, I couldn't even watch the whole 20 minutes of that inarticulate mansplainer whining. I fail to see what that has to do with women having rape and death wished upon them for criticizing games and your - and the rest of the gaming community -refusal to condemn those statements and actions in the strongest possible terms.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Dude, I couldn't even watch the whole 20 minutes of that inarticulate mansplainer whining. I fail to see what that has to do with women having rape and death wished upon them for criticizing games and your - and the rest of the gaming community -refusal to condemn those statements and actions in the strongest possible terms.
Don't see what your problem is. He was right there and gave a first hand account of what happened, it was quite clear to me. Who says we don't condemn it? But what are we supposed to do other than say it sucks? We can't control what other people do. Also keep in mind we only have her word about all of it, so who knows just how bad it is? And I find it funny how for someone who supposedly gets all this "threatening" stuff she sure is happy to profit very well from all of it.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:01 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Don't see what your problem is. He was right there and gave a first hand account of what happened, it was quite clear to me. Who says we don't condemn it? But what are we supposed to do other than say it sucks? We can't control what other people do. Also keep in mind we only have her word about all of it, so who knows just how bad it is? And I find it funny how for someone who supposedly gets all this "threatening" stuff she sure is happy to profit very well from all of it.
Ok, I'm out. You're as bad as the rest of them and you can't even see it. Have fun playing video games and not participating in real life.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I fail to see what that has to do with women having rape and death wished upon them for criticizing games and your - and the rest of the gaming community - refusal to condemn those statements and actions in the strongest possible terms.
I don't harass anyone because I don't see the point, and I would never encourage harassment because it's counter-productive and has little to do with crticizing *IDEAS.* So yah, harassment -- don't do it. It's really dumb.

Is that good enough? Can we move past that?

Sargon never harassed Anita.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 06-26-2017 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-26-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
You're as bad as the rest of them...
So, if you criticize this particular person's ideas and actions you're as bad as "the rest." Do you mean criticizing Anita's ideas rationally is akin to harassment?
Quote:
Have fun playing video games and not participating in real life.
Because gamers - all of em - don't participate in real life.

Your posts here are purely emotional.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Nobody should receive death or rape threats for their own opinions. No doubt. Those who did so were wrong for doing so.

Now, that doesn't mean that Anita or her ilk are immune from being absolute trash.

Quote:
Have fun playing video games and not participating in real life.
You bet I will. After I get outta work.

Gonna be putting Disgaea up on the projector and sit in one of my 6-foot floating flamingos with beer. Real life? Nah. I have video games. And a pool. And beer.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Ok, I'm out. You're as bad as the rest of them and you can't even see it. Have fun playing video games and not participating in real life.
Considering you use terms such as "mansplaining" (basically what a woman calls a man for anything she says she doesn't agree with) and your hostile attitude you seem like a feminazi. Or could it be something else?? Hmm...Here, take some midol AND a chill pill.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:26 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
It is rather interesting. There's been plenty of criticism directed at most every medium for storytelling - books, movies, music, comics, music videos, television etc. Some of that criticism has even been - OMG!-feminist. I do not recall any one group of fans going so completely overboard in their reaction as the gamers have been doing. (Yes, I' describing them as sharing an identity of sorts. After all, part of their beef with Sarkession is that she isn't a gamer. Or a proper gamer, anyway.)

Just looking at this thread, there's more vitriol directed at Anita Sarkeesian's person than at the content of her criticism. And this is, frankly, very modest compared to some forums. I'm not seeing fans of books or movies going to such extremes of expressing personal dislike for critics they don't like. We're talking bomb threats where she speaks - book critics are hardly ever facing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies