Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,663,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Illegals? What a patriot! Undocumented workers costs us $113 billion a year. So it's their fault that companies would rather hire them than you? Get serious man! Companies will pay an undocumented worker any day over an American?
Why? Leverage! They can pay them less! They won't complain! And if there's anything that's stamped in American culture it is slavery. And to pay a man a fraction of what you would pay someone else is modern-day slavery. So why would any smart businessman pay you when they can get the work done for less.

Blame the greedy corporations. Not the undocumented workers. But don't worry. Once automation and robots kick in to high gear, you can calculate how much the computers will cost "us"!

And then how much all those undocumented, unemployed workers will cost us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 11:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,213,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I most certainly do. It is YOU who assume...

...that I was born here. And, yes, I did come here legally.

So, what was your argument again?

No argument, it was simply a question.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of illegal aliens (mostly Mexicans) flooded the construction industry therefore putting American construction workers out of a job, didn't you get? Americans were already doing those jobs and many other blue-collared jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap, illegals flooded our border. How were Americans a lazy if they were already doing those jobs prior to that? And yes, their greedy employers are just as guilty of breaking the law and our government is also guilty for allowing this to happen.

What do you mean that Americans just sat on their butts? Do you think that law abiding Americans liked having their jobs pulled out from under them? Are you joking? Housing was not cheaper due to illegal alien labor either. The builders just pocketed the profits. I have seen first hand their shoddy workmanship also. The claim that Americans are inferior or slower workers is utter BS! They just make sure that the job is done right and don't allow themselves to be exploited like slave labor as illegals do.

Why the heck are you just referencing white people? I'm white and I hold the greedy employers just as accountable as I do the illegals themselves. Too bad you only hold the employers accountable when no one dragged these illegals over the border to work here. They knew full well what they were doing was unlawful. No one has the right to make a profit by breaking the law either. Outsourcing our jobs needs to be halted also. I suggest you stop stereotyping white people as the only ones guilty of all the above. It borders on racism. There are plenty of non-whites that played a roll in all of this also.

Illegals cost us $113 billion year. Any taxes or contributions to this country they make are a mere pittance of what they actually cost us. I don't need any scapegoats I'm just speaking the truth about all of the guilty parties in this. You apparently feel you need scapegoats though to defend illegal aliens who are just as guilty in all of this as the employers and our government.
Geez... you just don't get it... because you don't want to get it... you ask, why am I referencing white people? come on now.... Go look up Corporate Executive and Fortune 500 companies, and the Junk Bond market, and you find "White Men and White Women @ 85-90%+"... Go look at the Mega Companies who outsourced and figure out what you find... Amaze yourself, because you don't believe the truth by any other means, because denial of such factors is the history in America. Go back to any part of American History, it is filled with Denials, Lies, Pretenses and deflections of any sort, while the greed gouging by any means have continued for Centuries and Decades. That's just the nature of the reality. Go look at any aspect of history that one desires and in every era and ever frame up of era, it has been "white people" with opposition against someone, or some group and every time, its about "money"... Vanity and the lust for it.
I did not create it, but I'm not going to claim to be blind to it, because it hurts some white people feelings for the truths to be known. If they want to be just with themselves, they'd seek and and acknowledge the truths, that they've been trained to ignore and call it "entitlements"... as if to make it an ingrained expectations.

Times change... "Using People" does not go over like it use to in the old days, nor will it ever be a repeat of the past. Life moves on, the white society now, whines about anything and everything, from paying taxes, to work, because they labeled so many jobs as being beneath them, until now when they have to do those jobs, instead of simply respecting the work, they think someone took something from them.

As to sitting on their butt... yes!!! PEOPLE sit on their butts and many got up and cheered at the destruction of Unions, and since that time, they have had every benefit diminished, or taken away, stagnated wages, and they have absolutely NO VOICE, now they speak up about anything, they get Fired. Trump just pass a measure to make sure some employers do not have to maintain Safety Records, so you get hurt, you have no historical data to prove the long standing negligence or habitual violations of a company.

America once made Durable, quality standard goods. but by the 1980's we imported parts and assembled them, and instead of making metals gears, we started making plastic, and wondered why thing had no more durability. We became masters of purchasing anything and everything made of Particle Board with Laminate on it, and a few thin plastic struck with chrome paint, and we went crazy for it. Right this moment, there is not a Walmart in the country that one can drive by and there is not at the very least 50 cars in the parking lot. But any company that sells anything made in America, if they can get 5 cars in the lot at the same time, they have to consider it a banner day of business.
If you think people are going to stop hiring Illegals, there are many things that would have to take place first, and American is not going to correct itself, to go back to the grade school level,and start teaching 'ethics when kids are young, and teach diversity and respect for individuals, and promote what is the basis and function of Civil Equality.

Greed does not relent... Illegals, did not make many companies lower their pay or forgo giving raises, illegals did not make the grocery stores cut peoples hours to avoid paying them a living wage with a benefit package, nor did they destroy and vanquish the Appliance Industry in America.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:52 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,313,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wow.......
It's all truth brother.

You have no idea how the world really operates and who steers the ship.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:54 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
That's workable, and the point you said of /there is no way to get everyone here illegally now, to leave. (agree'd!!)
So, that coincides what what I've said. Let's figure out how to work with those whom are here already. And at the same time. Make the advances in Border Patrol that are necessary.
100% agree.

Quote:
Again, I'd defer to an Idea previously presented... A Civic Corp.... this will fill all our needed position to do what needs to be done and to do it the right way, while advancing people into a system of higher function and better skill-sets for independence as functioning and contributing people into the systems of society.
Not against that idea.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:58 AM

62,756 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Illegals? What a patriot! Undocumented workers costs us $113 billion a year. So it's their fault that companies would rather hire them than you? Get serious man! Companies will pay an undocumented worker any day over an American?
Why? Leverage! They can pay them less! They won't complain! And if there's anything that's stamped in American culture it is slavery. And to pay a man a fraction of what you would pay someone else is modern-day slavery. So why would any smart businessman pay you when they can get the work done for less.

Blame the greedy corporations. Not the undocumented workers. But don't worry. Once automation and robots kick in to high gear, you can calculate how much the computers will cost "us"!

There is no such thing as an undocumented anything. They are illegal aliens according to our immigration law terminology. Don't like it, tough! I'm retired so don't make this about me. Are you actually saying that illegal aliens have no guilt in all of this, they are just innocent? Did someone drag them over the border to work here? They didn't know that crossing our border without permission from our government and working a job they weren't lawfully entitled to was against the law? Both they and their greedy employers are EQUALLY guilty.

No company has the right to hire illegal aliens for any reason whatsoever. Are you not aware of that? They and their illegal hires are breaking the law! I know many American construction workers, landscapers, etc. that were forced out of their jobs by the two "equally" guilty parties. I may be retired but I do care about my fellow Americans and the devastation that illegal immigration has brought on our country in so many ways. I don't know if you're an American or not but your anti-laws, anti-American attitude is shameful!

Old 06-27-2017, 12:02 PM

39,052 posts, read 27,468,646 times
The term “immigrant” should never be used for illegal aliens or tourists or any other person residing in the country on a temporary basis. Both the dictionary and the USCIS glossary define an “immigrant” as a person who is permanently domiciled. That’s why “alien” is the correct term for a person who is not a citizen or an immigrant. There are both illegal aliens and legal aliens (e.g., a tourist, a guestworker).

While activists should feel free to use activist terminology like “undocumented” a journalist should not be embracing such terms if he/she doesn’t want to give the impression of taking a position on the issue.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Geez... you just don't get it... because you don't want to get it... you ask, why am I referencing white people? come on now.... Go look up Corporate Executive and Fortune 500 companies, and the Junk Bond market, and you find "White Men and White Women @ 85-90%+"... Go look at the Mega Companies who outsourced and figure out what you find... Amaze yourself, because you don't believe the truth by any other means, because denial of such factors is the history in America. Go back to any part of American History, it is filled with Denials, Lies, Pretenses and deflections of any sort, while the greed gouging by any means have continued for Centuries and Decades. That's just the nature of the reality. Go look at any aspect of history that one desires and in every era and ever frame up of era, it has been "white people" with opposition against someone, or some group and every time, its about "money"... Vanity and the lust for it.
I did not create it, but I'm not going to claim to be blind to it, because it hurts some white people feelings for the truths to be known. If they want to be just with themselves, they'd seek and and acknowledge the truths, that they've been trained to ignore and call it "entitlements"... as if to make it an ingrained expectations.

Times change... "Using People" does not go over like it use to in the old days, nor will it ever be a repeat of the past. Life moves on, the white society now, whines about anything and everything, from paying taxes, to work, because they labeled so many jobs as being beneath them, until now when they have to do those jobs, instead of simply respecting the work, they think someone took something from them.

As to sitting on their butt... yes!!! PEOPLE sit on their butts and many got up and cheered at the destruction of Unions, and since that time, they have had every benefit diminished, or taken away, stagnated wages, and they have absolutely NO VOICE, now they speak up about anything, they get Fired. Trump just pass a measure to make sure some employers do not have to maintain Safety Records, so you get hurt, you have no historical data to prove the long standing negligence or habitual violations of a company.

America once made Durable, quality standard goods. but by the 1980's we imported parts and assembled them, and instead of making metals gears, we started making plastic, and wondered why thing had no more durability. We became masters of purchasing anything and everything made of Particle Board with Laminate on it, and a few thin plastic struck with chrome paint, and we went crazy for it. Right this moment, there is not a Walmart in the country that one can drive by and there is not at the very least 50 cars in the parking lot. But any company that sells anything made in America, if they can get 5 cars in the lot at the same time, they have to consider it a banner day of business.
If you think people are going to stop hiring Illegals, there are many things that would have to take place first, and American is not going to correct itself, to go back to the grade school level,and start teaching 'ethics when kids are young, and teach diversity and respect for individuals, and promote what is the basis and function of Civil Equality.

Greed does not relent... Illegals, did not make many companies lower their pay or forgo giving raises, illegals did not make the grocery stores cut peoples hours to avoid paying them a living wage with a benefit package, nor did they destroy and vanquish the Appliance Industry in America.

What difference does the race of greedy, lawless people have to do with anything? Why not oppose illegal immigration just because of the devastation it brings to all Americans regardless of their race? Is it because you support illegal immigration and you are using white people as your scapegoat to justify it? Illegals came to this country without authorization and took the low ball raises they were offered with no legal right to work here. Did someone hold a gun to their heads? As I said, they and their greedy employers are equally to blame. Why do you think illegals are the innocents in all of this? Diversity has nothing to do with "illegal" immigration. We have plenty of diversity via legal immigration.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The term “immigrant” should never be used for illegal aliens or tourists or any other person residing in the country on a temporary basis. Both the dictionary and the USCIS glossary define an “immigrant” as a person who is permanently domiciled. That’s why “alien” is the correct term for a person who is not a citizen or an immigrant. There are both illegal aliens and legal aliens (e.g., a tourist, a guestworker).

While activists should feel free to use activist terminology like “undocumented” a journalist should not be embracing such terms if he/she doesn’t want to give the impression of taking a position on the issue.

Exactly, and good post. Those who use PC language to describe a certain group instead of the legal terms have an agenda. I have to laugh when they say the use of the word "alien" is for outer space creatures when in reality it has more than one meaning. For example, we've all heard of a Resident Alien card, haven't we? Do we issue them to creatures from Mars?

Old 06-27-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What difference does the race of greedy, lawless people have to do with anything? Why not oppose illegal immigration just because of the devastation it brings to all Americans regardless of their race? Is it because you support illegal immigration and you are using white people as your scapegoat to justify it? Illegals came to this country without authorization and took the low ball raises they were offered with no legal right to work here. Did someone hold a gun to their heads? As I said, they and their greedy employers are equally to blame. Why do you think illegals are the innocents in all of this? Diversity has nothing to do with "illegal" immigration. We have plenty of diversity via legal immigration.
I do not support people coming here Illegally.... I do say, "those that are already here, whom are law abiding people willing and working to sustain and be a part of America. Let's find a way to work with them...

But .. while doing so.. Let's make sure we staff up our borders and fix out system at the "exact same time"...

No one seems to be working on that. because they can't do one thing, they don't do the other.. rather than sit down and figure it out... Reality is simple..

Rounding up the masses is not going to work. Rounding up people with criminal records and gang members, is workable...

but at the same time, hire and train people to work the border, but also fix the system of verifying people. We have COMPUTERS that can do many things, they can certainly compile and relate data....

If some people were not profiting from the scenario, we can be assured it would have long ago been fixed... Not only is it not fixes.... there is no cohesive plan, to clear and document those whom are here, and fix and set up means ta the borders to control not only the land borders, but our ports, and our open land border lines.

Only when some terrorist comes and cause havoc will people get up and make efforts to do what could have already been done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies