Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 04:38 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I can call him whatever I want. He set the tone. Why are the people supposed to behave better than him?

It’s the same with parenting. You don’t walk around cursing like a sailor, then get angry at your kids when they pick up your language.

The person in power sets the example.
Because we arent children, and we ARE better then president Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 05:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
She used her claim of being American Indian to get Affirmative Action to gain admittance, and financial aid to schools. That's more than just calling herself a native.
Yes her claim was ridiculous -- but in no moral code that exists in the universe does that allow the President to behave like a four year old. It just doesn't.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Nobody in the Republican Party can touch Elizabeth Warren's intellect, or her mastery of policy, or her high standard of ethics and civic duty......
Hahahaha. Intellect, mastery of policy, high standards. That was a good laugh.

Here's reality. She's as fake as the rest of the Democrats. She swore that it wasn't rigged, until it was. She's a liar just like she was about being a Cherokee.

When Warren loved Hillary in 2016.....
https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/s...43764428730368

When Warren turned on Hillary in 2017
https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/stat...28181266333696

(here's a secret: she's hoping you don't notice)

Old 11-06-2017, 08:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahaha. Intellect, mastery of policy, high standards. That was a good laugh.

Here's reality. She's as fake as the rest of the Democrats. She swore that it wasn't rigged, until it was. She's a liar just like she was about being a Cherokee.

When Warren loved Hillary in 2016.....
https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/s...43764428730368

When Warren turned on Hillary in 2017
https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/stat...28181266333696

(here's a secret: she's hoping you don't notice)
And yet, she just said it wasn’t rigged against him. It wasn’t.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:28 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump says very angry Elizabeth Warren hurt Hillary in the election. Says Pocahontas is hopeless. Lot of hate from the woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJJo_W9zDc
I posted earlier on this thread but saw the updated news on Trump and the Navajo Code Talkers.
Despite the controversy, I am glad the code talkers are recognized for their dedication in WWII.
I have relatives from the reservations in AZ and NM who served in WWII. The Pearl Harbor
Anniversary is coming up, and a lot of us on the reservations get flashbacks of our grandfathers
and granduncles who served in that war. At least they were honored in the White House.

As for the "slur" from Trump, I think it is in the context of a political diatribe against Warren rather
than a true slur like the "N" word or the "G" word for Asians or "S" word for Hispanics. However,
it is indeed a poor choice of words in the current political climate. The politicians who do not like
Trump will just use it as an excuse to castigate him even further. My opinion is that he is (1) culturally
insensitive and (2) unaware of the political backlash in using that reference. So, it's a bad scene -
another day in the life of DC and a scenario of "worse week in Washington".

I like the way the Navajo leader chose to stay out of the politics and simply wanted to focus on
the dedication and service of those WWII Veterans and Code Talkers. I miss my grandfather badly.
He served in the South Pacific - RIP. His older brother was in the USMC and served with the code
talkers. Those battles in the Pacific were hell on earth. Overall, the elders of that war are passing
away with their history.

https://www.history.navy.mil/researc...-war-1945.html

The true racism against those Native American Veterans can be found in (1) the border towns
surrounding the reservations where racial tension is often high or (2) the Hollywood filming community
that never wants to give credit to Native Americans as serving bravely. Usually, the stereotype
of Native Americans is very negative: homely coward, violent savage, alcoholic, loser, intellectually
inferior, etc. Most Hollywood films tend to show Native Americans as losing cowards or savages.
Rare exceptions include "Cheyenne Autumn", "Running Brave" or "Seminole". The film "Windtalkers"
was more about Nicholas Cage than the Navajos. It gave him most of the heroic scenes, and
for much of the film the Navajos were portrayed as homely cowards except for sporadic parts. But
Cage's character was always the "brave" one - Hollywood whitewashing. Those film producers, screen
writers, and casting directors were worse than Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies