Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So you're all for having a rude, obnoxious, spiteful leader of this country.

Per usual, like many Trumpers, you'd rather see people that don't agree with you (democrats) "outraged and distracted" than see us united and working together to build towards the future.

Got it.

Interesting, calls Trump rude among other things but labels someone that voted differently as them as a "Trumper" which can be considered rude....hmmm...

I'd love to see our country united and working together, but I wasn't going to vote for someone I didn't agree with to do it. It's called choices, and we all make different ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 AM

26,484 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
True irony, he calls her Pocahontas for believing her family telling her she had Indian heritage, while he claimed to be Swedish for many years for the exact same reason:

Donald Trump Even Lies About Being Swedish (He

People believe family myths, Trump has as well. For him to attack her over this is truly ironic.
The rub with Warren is if her story is true, she might be less than 1% Native American, which mean that the majority of white people like Warren could claim minority status just as Warren claimed she was a minority.

She then offered her high cheek bones as proof - where as if someone like Trump did it, it would be a national front page story of racism.

She told UPenn that she was a minority - she has fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. She's probably never even been on a reservation.

Harvard was criticized for not having minority professors and then Harvard hired Warren who at UPenn is listed as a "minority" and a "Native American." Warren claims that this minority status never came up in the hiring process, but instantly after being hired - Harvard started bragging that they hired a minority - Native American.

She is very dubious and likely claimed that she was something that she knew she wasn't to advance her career.

She honestly claimed that she was a "minority" so that she could "make new friends" and didn't think it would impact her career.

What a fraud.

Hmmm, Harvard apparently touted Elizabeth Warren's status as a Native American in the New York Times - Hot Air Hot Air

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
He loves his kids.
You can find things good about the man, he's not a horrible person in every way, just some.

Well, he loves some of his kids.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He loves his kids, really?

What evidence is there?

He humiliated Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr.'s mother in a very public fashion and, from what I've read, had minimal contact with them until they were adults.

Little contact with Tiffany either and he saw Barron once, maybe twice in the months between his inauguration and his moving into the White House.

From what I've read, Trump uses his kids just like he uses everybody else.

He has involved the older ones in various schemes that may well get them caught up in Russian money-laundering prosecutions.

For example, take Bayrock Group, an investment operation run by Felix Sater, "who has been convicted for his financial ties to the Russian mafia."

"Bayrock partnered with the future president and his two eldest children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka, on a series of real-estate deals between 2002 and about 2011, the most prominent being the troubled Trump Soho hotel and condominium in Manhattan."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...als-at-bayrock

Ivanka was involved in a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a money-laundering scam. Though Trump claimed he just licensed his name, "Ivanka Trump was a key player in moving the hotel project along. In fact, in her own words, she “oversaw” the project “since its inception.”

Ivanka Trump oversaw Azerbaijan hotel project now under fire

Bernie Madoff claimed to love his sons as well. Look where that got them.

But at least he didn't involve them in his criminal enterprises.
You beat me to it. The bolded line in your post is exactly right. He uses his kids for what they can provide that benefits him. I suppose in his narcissistic addled mind that passes as "love" to him, but if Ivanka and his boys weren't useful to him he wouldn't give them the time of day. See Tiffany and Barron for good examples. He bragged to Howard Stern that his sole involvement in raising his children was to throw money at their mothers to do all of the work.

Trump loves one person, and that is Donald Trump.

Try as I might, I can find no redeeming qualities in this man.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:26 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting, calls Trump rude among other things but labels someone that voted differently as them as a "Trumper" which can be considered rude....hmmm...

"Trumpers" is easier than typing "trump supporters" or "Trump voters."

- I assume you are not aware that many people referred to Hillary Clinton supporters as "Hillarites?"

- I assume you are not aware that a nickname for male Bernie Sanders supporters (which applied to me) was "Bernie Bros?"

There is no intent at all on my part to be demeaning when I refer to Trump voters as "Trumpers." Feel free to call me a "Bernie Bro" or Hillarite" all you want. I am not a snowflake, so I'm not offended by it.

Nice attempt at trying to "call me out" on it, though

Old 06-26-2017, 07:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Race-ethnicity is self-identified. Warren is indeed Native American.
So Trump could say he is African-American and you would accept that as true?

Old 06-26-2017, 07:31 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Elizabeth Warren is part Native American, so she was telling the truth.
No, she isn't. The Cherokees have confirmed such. None of her ancestors are listed on the Dawes Roll. Warren lied to get a faculty spot at Harvard Law.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I see no evidence of his supposed love for his kids--not considering, of course, his inappropriate affections for Ivanka.
Love - Affection

Potayto - Potahto

Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, she isn't. The Cherokees have confirmed such. None of her ancestors are listed on the Dawes Roll. Warren lied to get a faculty spot at Harvard Law.
NOLA seems to believe race and ethnicity are determined by the person; therefore, you could say you're Asian, black or Hispanic and that makes it so.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:37 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Quote:
True irony, he calls her Pocahontas for believing her family telling her she had Indian heritage, while he claimed to be Swedish for many years for the exact same reason:

Donald Trump Even Lies About Being Swedish (He

People believe family myths, Trump has as well. For him to attack her over this is truly ironic.

Yes, I had mentioned this before. Seems that President Trump's father began to claim that his forbearers were 'Swedish', since being of German descent would not be popular with his Jewish renters and such. In his book, the President included the lie, long past the time when there was no reason to continue it.

We must recall that the family name was originally 'Drumpf', being the name of the grandfather of the President that immigrated to this country. It is believed, but not certain, that said grandfather changed the name to "Trump" during WWI (since Germans were not popular in this country at that time; indeed, the Royal Family of the UK also found it convenient to change their official last name in 1917 to "Windsor"). Regardless of when Grandfather Drumpf made the change, change it he did.

Of course, we all know that President Trump got into a wee bit of trouble when he, ah, 'appropriated' another family's coat-of-arms for his own usage:

Right to bear arms? Trump accused of plagiarising family crest - BBC News

Donald Trump using family crest granted to Mar-a-Lago's original owners as his own - with the word 'integrity' replaced by 'Trump'

Note that Mr. Trump cannot display his stolen coat-of-arms in the UK, but he is able to here in the USA. Also note that he replaced the word 'integrity' with 'Trump', which I find instructive.

I cannot find where there is a coat-of-arms for the Drumpf's. I found a website that note that 'Drumpf' has no meaning, although "Trumpf" is a German word for 'trump card', a term used in the card game 'bridge'.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1449...pt-translation

I imagine that said grandfather knew of the word "Trumpf", and found it easy to appropriate, simply dropping the final 'f'. I applaud his choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies