Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:08 AM

18,986 posts, read 8,999,490 times

Advertisements

Throughout Trump’s presidency, Robert Reich has been a vocal critic, and this may be his best work yet. The list was designed specifically to show hard headed Trump supporters the truth.

Quote:
1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook. You bought it. Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually. You bought it. He hasn’t, and says he never will.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest. You bought it. He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said. You bought it. He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people. You bought it. He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.”

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one. You bought it. He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders. You bought it. He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did. You bought it. He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis. You bought it. He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy. You bought it. He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. He took his first vacation after 11 days in office. On the taxpayer’s dime. And went golfing.”
Robert Reich Pens Brutal List of 11 Trump Facts You Need to Show Hard Headed Trump Supporters - Impeach Donald J Trump Now!

Old 06-26-2017, 10:33 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,396,929 times
Only 3rd graders would be so worried about any of that since it is so petty.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,757,424 times
All I keep hearing is "Waaaah!! WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!".... its funny because you anti-Trumpers got nothing HONEST to say.... so you just join in the circle to comfort each other... with lots of crying...

Old 06-26-2017, 10:36 AM

31,342 posts, read 14,097,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Throughout Trump’s presidency, Robert Reich has been a vocal critic, and this may be his best work yet. The list was designed specifically to show hard headed Trump supporters the truth.

Robert Reich Pens Brutal List of 11 Trump Facts You Need to Show Hard Headed Trump Supporters - Impeach Donald J Trump Now!
I stopped after reading the very first item.

He called Hillary Clinton a crook. Then he paid $25 million to settle his lawsuit.

One has nothing to with the other.
Hillary Clinton IS a crook.
I wouldn't call Trump a crook although Trump University isn't his shining moment.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:37 AM

45,309 posts, read 26,815,759 times
1. Clintons are crooks also... probably order people to be murdered as well.

2. I don't care... well, maybe 10% of me does.

3. You didn't care about Clinton classified email security, and all of the other Clinton schemes - so I don't care.

4. Goldman Sachs are everywhere. Who cares for now.

5. Usually if you stereotype all of the opposition as idiots, that says something about you.

6. I'm OK with it.

7. The swamp is slowly being drained... the national debt is down... the swamp is fighting back

8. Don't believe that he did that on his own... and, stuff happens in war.

9. Sour grapes entry

10. CNN, Post, and Times pretend to be neutral. Did you remember how wrong all of the predictions from the elections were off? And how the pushed a non-existent Trump/Russia narrative? I guess all news outlets has a percentage of fake news.

11. I'll give you that one.

None of this stuff is policy stuff, so it has little to do with how I live on a daily basis.

Does Trump have personality issues? Yep. His issues are out front. Others try to mask their issues. My point being - everyone has issues. I guess we should impeach him for doing what most other politicians do. I could easily build an Obama list that would be much more effective than this.

He - at least is trying to improve the country. I can't say the same for others.

The other side put up a crappy candidate as well.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM

11,146 posts, read 10,915,724 times
7.5 more years....

Old 06-26-2017, 10:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,281,276 times
Yo haters...not only is Trump NOT going to be impeached, he'll be reelected in 2020.

How do y'all like them apples?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 AM

29,839 posts, read 18,685,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook. You bought it. Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

Trump was correct.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually. You bought it. He hasn’t, and says he never will.

I'm glad and hope he never releases his personal business.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest. You bought it. He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

Don't care.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said. You bought it. He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

Glad he did that.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people. You bought it. He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.”

Great moves by our great President.

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one. You bought it. He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

Great appointment.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders. You bought it. He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

Glad it worked.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did. You bought it. He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

It's working.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis. You bought it. He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

Great move.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy. You bought it. He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

Trump is correct.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. He took his first vacation after 11 days in office. On the taxpayer’s dime. And went golfing.”

Glad he's enjoying life.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,715,625 times
The Trump worshipping cult doesn't care about a single flaw of his. This is all a game to them. Upset liberals, you win. Destroying the country and the integrity of our institutions is meaningless to them.

Ironically, conservatives whine about liberals hating America, yet they're taking drastic steps to keep making liberals hate America more and more by their continued efforts to destroy it.

Mark my words, the US will not survive the Trump/Republican takeover.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:46 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,715,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
7.5 more years....
Oh don't worry, the US won't exist in 7.5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies