Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Doesn't look very "American" to me.

Maybe your definition of what it means to be American is different.
That wasn't a criticism of the govt. That was a childish act.

I think the OP is referencing the unAmerican accusation of corporate CEO's who don't think Trump is doing a great job.

Not exactly the same -- but good for you to continue sharing such an awful picture.

Shaking my head.

Out of respect to the President and his family I chose not to show the picture again. Because clicking, linking and sharing make it go viral and add to the 'popularity'. I refuse to make this picture anything more than a gross error in judgement

here's the thing -- by perpetuating that image you don't slam Griffin -- you let that picture live.

Last edited by moneill; 06-26-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 05:31 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
The crap that Trump has to deal with is not criticism of the government but whining from the left who are still pouting over the loss of the morally, mentally and physically Hillary Clinton.

No one has said it is wrong to be critical of the government or even the President.

It is wrong to talk about killing the POTUS, stupid to call him school yard names which just make the posters look foolish.

Look at all the headlines here that the minions run in to post that turn out to be false once the article is autopsied, "could", "anonymous source", etc. Just harassment and stupidity, nothing about actually being critical of our government.

The Dems still whining over the election know nothing about respect. They are driving the party into the ground.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:32 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Was Ted Nugent, recent guest at the White House, saying Obama should suck the barrel of his machine gun being 'American'? Does that fit your definition of being 'American'?

Did those who hanged Obama in effigy fit your definition of being 'American'?

Those who called for his assassination?
How many of these were stars that reached millions and millions of people, put on CNN.....?

The left likes to play games with number.....so tell us....or....

Old 06-26-2017, 05:33 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
It happened as soon as Obama took office. Anyone that criticized the administration was labeled a racist, white trash, redneck, white supremacist and so on. It was an effective way to shut people up at first but it didn't last long.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ever since Trump was elected, there have been constant posts in here, full of outrage at American citizens, from politicians, to CEOs, to actors, to professors, to reporters, to Joe off the street because those people have spoken out against Trump and/or his adminstration.

Why?

It surely seemed okay for the 8 years prior.

And the 8 prior to that.

AND the 8 prior to that.

And so on. Throughout history, really.

Why is it suddenly not okay?

Our Constitution allows it.

This is still a free country.

Where's all this outrage at people so much as objecting to Trump coming from?

I can guarantee you, that if Hillary (or, hell, Bernie) was POTUS right now, there would not be outrage over people simply DISAGREEING with her. Or feeling she (or he) wasn't doing a good job.

I could see some outrage at people taking cheap shots based on her looks or his religion, kind of how people got upset at the cheap shots aimed at the Obamas for such things.

But, Trump ran a campaign BASED on low tactics like bigotry and intolerance. He loves it.

Why be so angry over people not liking him?

He's still President. There's no law requiring that anyone like him or that they don't criticize him.
You answered most of this in your first sentence.

Next reason: Cult of Personality. That is all there is.

And conservative Charlies Sykes is spot on:

"....65 percent of Republicans don't even believe this took place, this Russian hacking. I mean, remember Linda Blair in The Exorcist? I honestly think that if Donald Trump came out and his head spun around 360 degrees and exploded with green projectile vomit, that 65 percent of Republicans would say it was brilliant performance art..."

Old 06-26-2017, 05:54 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No clue, but you still need to prove your point.....
I was trying to edit. Not all celebs loved Obama. That's merely my point.

19 Celebrities Who Aren't Afraid to Criticize Barack Obama
40 Celebs Who Are Anti-Obama | LikeShareTweet
https://www.google.com/amp/www.rantn...ou-and-me/amp/
Celebrities against Hillary Clinton | am New York
8 Liberal Celebs Turned-Sour On Obama

Old 06-26-2017, 06:06 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Your second links says michael moore hates obama...haahahhhhahaha

Either way....the difference in "Hating" someone, and saying or showing you want to kill them is completely 100% different...by actors/comedians......

Did joe blow on my corner say he wanted to kill obama, maybe.....but it dod not get out to millions of people, just like joe blow on your corner want to kill trump.....does not get out to millions of people..

When an actor says something, it get to million almost instantly.....

So, again....provdie links to repub actors that stated the same crap that leftist actors have stated....

Hell, I may have missed it....

Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
again, I apologize for all the things blacks have put whites through. I'm sorry I triggered you into a buzzword frenzy. "Sheriff Clark", "liberal victim", "White privilege"...I, I can just feel the pain you've gone through. All that name calling must suck to endure. And all this name-calling that doesn't have hundreds of years of context behind it...black people calling whites names is completely coming out of nowhere. I understand. Again I apologize because I know name-calling really does impact where you live, how much money you make, how the police treat you, prison sentence inequality, and a host of other issues. Please, accept my apology.
When the verboten "n word" is allowed by others to be spoken other than only blacks then we can talk. Other ethnic groups don't get this special treatment with slurs. Blacks get into college with much lower scores than whites. Blacks get away with riots and looting without consequence. Blacks commit crime in numbers in excess of their percentage of the population. I don't feel sorry for blacks and no longer care that you or other apologists continue to make excuses for blacks. I'm so done with identity politics.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-26-2017 at 06:58 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 06:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
When someone calls Trump brilliant I can't even.
Well, Alan Dershowitz called his comment about maybe having tapes, "brilliant." So what do you think about Alan Dershowitz? But thanks for proving me correct.

President Trump is playing the Left like a fiddle.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
When the guy YOU voted for wins the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies