Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ever since Trump was elected, there have been constant posts in here, full of outrage at American citizens, from politicians, to CEOs, to actors, to professors, to reporters, to Joe off the street because those people have spoken out against Trump and/or his adminstration.

Why?

It surely seemed okay for the 8 years prior.

And the 8 prior to that.

AND the 8 prior to that.

And so on. Throughout history, really.

Why is it suddenly not okay?

Our Constitution allows it.

This is still a free country.

Where's all this outrage at people so much as objecting to Trump coming from?

I can guarantee you, that if Hillary (or, hell, Bernie) was POTUS right now, there would not be outrage over people simply DISAGREEING with her. Or feeling she (or he) wasn't doing a good job.

I could see some outrage at people taking cheap shots based on her looks or his religion, kind of how people got upset at the cheap shots aimed at the Obamas for such things.

But, Trump ran a campaign BASED on low tactics like bigotry and intolerance. He loves it.

Why be so angry over people not liking him?

He's still President. There's no law requiring that anyone like him or that they don't criticize him.
It's not the disliking him, it's the threats from the many dbags calling for the Assassination, overthrow.... etc about as Un-American as you can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Republicans believe they are the only one who should be allowed to citizen the government, even more so if the president is of a different color or sex. If the president is a rich, fat white man then the other side isn't allowed to say anything at all.

And of course you're Un-American. Oh yeah you have to say things like GOD wanted me to run for president.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Doesn't look very "American" to me.

Maybe your definition of what it means to be American is different.
That looks disgusting. I guess you were on "vacation" when she did that, because pretty much everyone on here that posted about it agreed that it was in poor taste.

However, she had EVERY right to hold up a fake head covered in fake blood.

It was a fake head, not a copy of the Constitution she was lighting on fire.

Come on. You can surely answer the question without this sort of thing, right?

Because, as gross as I find this and as much as I'm not keen on her in the first place, she was fully within the law when she did it.

Gross? Yes. Unpatriotic? Nope. When she goes after our Armed forces or something, or maybe tries to disrespect the ceremonies on Memorial Day with some crazy dancing and singing routine... oh... wait.

Last edited by RedZin; 06-26-2017 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Removed highly offensive image.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No doubt if Hillary was President her approval rating would be below 50%. The difference between Leftists and Republicans is Republicans organized and won at the voting booth. The Left is trying to overthrow the voter's choices for President and elected officials by intimidation and trying to murder Congressmen.
Okay... that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but what does that have with anyone's Constitutional right to protest the government being referred to as "anti-American?"

Old 06-26-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
First, the left, no matter if you like it or not, states nothing about what he has done....when they do, it's all about how bad he is....the news is the left.

trump told the truth, that is not bigotry not intolerance....you and the left hate the truth....

if slick hillary or bernie were potus.....the left would be only doing stories on how great they are and look at everything they have done....whether it was good or not....to those on the right.

IF you listen to the MSM.....you're correct, but just like your rush statement in another thread, you don't want to research....

If you ask 1000 people, 850 are dems and the last are repubs....do you like or hate trump....what do you think the outcome is going to be?
I don't watch the news or talking heads of any political slant. I read some news, but it's mainstream stuff from here and abroad. I don't read propaganda sites from the right OR the left.

I know all I need to know about Rush Limbaugh. That loser has been around for awhile.

That said, what does any of it have with the right to protest and/or criticize the government?

If Trump does anything good, I have noticed people tending to refer to it as good. WK mentioned that Kathy Griffin nonsense and I said I find it gross and I even said at the time that I felt that Melania's statement on that matter was especially First Ladylike and I appreciated the way she handled it.

I think that Trump was reasonably "presidential" (though the bar feels pretty low) after the Congressmen were shot by that crazy dude. And, I stand by that.

I do not like him in general and I doubt I ever will unless he suddenly starts to behave with a bit more reserve and polish. I don't like his frat boy, Biff Tannen personality and his severe lack of understanding of world affairs and domestic matters.

I would prefer Pence take over.

So, why is it not okay for people to complain about Trump? I mean, it doesn't change anything except for perhaps raise the awareness that Democrats and Left-leaning moderates/independents need to get themselves to the polls and really work the Rust Belt vote.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Okay... that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but what does that have with anyone's Constitutional right to protest the government being referred to as "anti-American?"
Leftists protesting the election of the President is not the same as protesting a policy or policies of the President. Leftists have been protesting the man's election and his voters since his inauguration.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-26-2017 at 07:50 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 07:43 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
In a Communist country or a dictatorship you are NOT allowed to disagree with the government.

it is our duty to speak out when we feel our government and its leaders are wrong.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I think the Left considers Shooting CongressCritters because they are Republicans - "peaceful protest".
The Severed Head of the President is "free speech", as is a play for Families showing the Assassination of the President. Same thing for all those Professors, Entertainment folks and Media Pundits/Anchors that call for death of anyone who disagrees with them ..... it's "free speech".

Meanwhile, back in the Obama Era ..... a teeny, tiny complaint of anything at all and people were labeled -
RACIST!!

This is all pretty much SOP for the Leftists.
If it wasn't for Double Standards, they would have No Standards at all.
Best to just ignore their Total Hysterical Meltdown because the Presumptive Queen didn't get her Crown.

They have become Boring
I think you don't know enough people from the ACTUAL "left."

Nobody I talked to after that shooting thought it was remotely OKAY.

It wasn't.

But, complaining about Trump on TV or in a protest march or on the internet or in writing somehow? Nope. Not a problem.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I remember when gwb Jr. Was president anyone who was critical of the government or bush got bum rushed by all the super flag waving patriots. Remember freedom fries? Or the Dixie chicks being booed not because of there music but because theg were critical condition of bush. Yet as soon as Obama became president they loved to say a patriot is someone who is critical of the government. So basically a complete 180 so yeah not surprising all the constitutional republicans happily turn a blind eye to the Russian spy
Yes. I remember some of that after 9/11. I actually voted for him in 2000. I rather like him. I don't like Cheney, and I regret putting him near the White House.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's not Un-American to criticize the government.

It depends on what you're criticizing the government for that determines whether it's Un-American or not.
Okay... thank you for seriously answering. What are some things you think are legitimately un-American, then?

I think it's un-American to criticize our military servicemembers for doing their jobs. That's about the most un-American thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe wanting the USA to be more like a dictatorship, which I occasionally see people hinting at with wanting Trump to have more power than is typical for ANY president... that feels un-American to me.

What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies