Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Everyone in congress knew that trump was not under investigation, yet chucky shummer went out saying that he was....just one of many....

Grassley: Schumer Lied About Trump Investigation, Fed Media Hysteria

Are you quoting fake news? Being a fan of Trump all news is fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 08:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The "pics" are online because the liberal media decided to post it for the world to see.

And as far as Nugent..that is 1 person over an 8 year period..so far the sick libs are up to at least 20 in the first 4 months. Please stop with the false equalivance
Or, you know... it's not impossible that people in positions of fame and/or influence felt like the climate wasn't great for being so critical of President Obama, since so much of the entertainment industry is liberal.

I mean, that's what we are really talking about here, because there sure were regular citizens griping quite constantly about Obama all over the internet and at Tea Party protests.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:03 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Are you quoting fake news? Being a fan of Trump all news is fake.

So, you either did not read the link or you failed to comprehend the link...which is it?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody is actually stopping anything though, people have and still are saying what they want and doing what they want. I don't get the OP, you think other people shouldn't criticize? Because that's also part of the freedom we all enjoy.

The outrage is more about the collusion and the media who turned the dial up to 11, and reacting to what they think are ill informed individuals speaking en mass, such as "Hollywood", the " social media influencers", etc. A lot of which ranges from half truths to straight up lies that, when proven to be lies never get corrected. What's outrageous to me is that American citizens aren't being given the info they should be given, they are getting a scripted narrative who's purpose is to hurt Trump, yet, but also to make people so afraid that they turn into sobbing masses of hysteria.

Anyway, I hope that answers your many questions.
No. That isn't even remotely what I said. I asked why people thought it wasn't okay to be critical.

I think that people should be free to criticize the president all they want and I think other people should be free to criticize the people who criticize the president all they want, but criticizing them for being critical is a new concept for me.

It's not against the law to be critical of the President and there seem to be people suggesting that criticizing the president is "un-American" and that's just about the WEIRDEST thing I've read in a while.

There is no "collusion" by the media. Finding things to question about Trump and his admin is, frankly, like shooting fish in a barrel.

As far as citizens not being given info, isn't Trump tweeting his fingers off? You know that most people have access to that stuff, right?

Maybe they don't all buy it?

Just a thought.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So....facts don't matter to Democrats anymore?

Well....at least I'll give you props for admitting it.
I don't know if they matter or not. I don't know all the Democrats in this country.

My point is, if someone thinks that Trump is doing something they don't like, even if they're not clear on the facts, (perhaps because the situation is quite convoluted, as is so often the case with stuff out of the Trump camp... he changes his mind regularly)...

Who cares why they don't like him or why they are complaining?

Whose "truth" is the actual truth?

That was more or less what I meant. Do you recall the Birther movement? That sure went ON AND ON AND ON...

And it was a complete fabrication. Nobody seemed to care that they were electing the Birther-in-Chief.

Trump is quite gifted in one way... he's a Class A Bull****ter.

He all but admits it.

And there are people worried that some Democrat off the street isn't 100% honest about their criticism of Trump?

Shouldn't we be worried more about what the actual, you know, PRESIDENT is being honest about?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:11 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Who exactly is saying it is un-American to criticize the government?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It comes from right here:

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it. Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people such as political dissidents and ethnic minorities. These constraints might include restrictions on immigration, limits on free speech and association and laws regulating moral behaviour. It is the willingness to support or take action that leads to increased social uniformity that makes right-wing authoritarianism more than just a personal distaste for difference. Right-wing authoritarianism is characterized by obedience to authority, moral absolutism, racial and ethnic prejudice, and intolerance and punitiveness towards dissidents and deviants. In parenting, right-wing authoritarians value children's obedience, neatness, and good manners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

"We won! Everybody shut up!"

They're very obedient followers.

When tRump lies to them, they just swallow it whole and pretend it's gospel. And they hate any differing viewpoints. As evidenced here daily.

Notice that it's Republican Red.

That's interesting. Studies on authoritarian parenting have indicated that this is a poor way to raise kids.

So, why would anyone want to run a country based on it?

Old 06-27-2017, 08:13 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't know if they matter or not. I don't know all the Democrats in this country.

My point is, if someone thinks that Trump is doing something they don't like, even if they're not clear on the facts, (perhaps because the situation is quite convoluted, as is so often the case with stuff out of the Trump camp... he changes his mind regularly)...

Who cares why they don't like him or why they are complaining?

Whose "truth" is the actual truth?

That was more or less what I meant. Do you recall the Birther movement? That sure went ON AND ON AND ON...

And it was a complete fabrication. Nobody seemed to care that they were electing the Birther-in-Chief.

Trump is quite gifted in one way... he's a Class A Bull****ter.

He all but admits it.

And there are people worried that some Democrat off the street isn't 100% honest about their criticism of Trump?

Shouldn't we be worried more about what the actual, you know, PRESIDENT is being honest about?

So.....

Alternative facts are bad.

But alternative truths are a-ok?

Gotcha.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
We as citizens of the U.S we have a right to say something when we believe that our government is not doing their jobs. They need to know and understand when we're not happy with them.

Being Un-American would mean that we're keeping our mouths shut and going along with whatever they did and said. Which for some reason some Americans want think we should just roll over and go along with it. I don't understand this even third world countries stand up to their government, they will even over throw their elected officials if they get to our of hand.

Our founding fathers understood this in their day we've lost this and we need to remember that the government works for US. Not the other way around.

“People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.”

V for Vendetta

Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's interesting. Studies on authoritarian parenting have indicated that this is a poor way to raise kids.

So, why would anyone want to run a country based on it?

The short answer would be:

Someone told them it's the best way.

Oh, and millionaires need more while working families deserve less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies