Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. Most posters don't seem to understand that we are a part of the global community. Yes, a community.
LOL. Hilarious.

The world is not a "community."

It is a collection of sovereign nation states for which the only enforceable law is MIGHT MAKES RIGHT.

Quote:
We aren't infallible and we aren't invincible. The fact that the only country that likes us is Russia speaks volumes.
Yes, it does.

Russia and the U.S. combined have at least 95% of the world's nuclear weapons and the ability to deliver them.

I'd say that makes both countries pretty "invincible".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Russia and the U.S. combined have at least 95% of the world's nuclear weapons and the ability to deliver them.

I'd say that makes both countries pretty "invincible".
You hit the nail on the head. Even China lacks the delivery methods to do this particular dance with the Americans & the Russians.

Once this is understood, the rest becomes clear.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Umm I see that your confused I get it you voted for Trump so I'll let that slide.

BEFORE we were a nation Europe, Japan, etc. Were long since old they have been holding their own BEFORE we came along.
BEFORE we existed, we weren't "pulling our own weight"?

That makes sense -- NOT.

Quote:
The rich stay rich by supporting their own not by giving it out. Why is that so hard to understand?
Oh yeah you voted for Trump. Sorry.
The top 10% of income earners pay well over half of all taxes paid to the U.S. treasury.

They also pay disproportionately high property and income taxes (they buy expensive stuff.)

They invest in companies that create jobs.

And they give huge amounts to charity, even setting up their own foundations.

The taxes they pay build roads and other infrastructure that the rest of us use.

They pay the cost of welfare programs.

They pay for our military, courts and police.

They pay for our schools and colleges.

They pay most of the cost of government -- federal, state and local.

And they don't use many of the government programs they pay for, such as welfare and public schools.

And you say they only "support their own."

Sure thing, Sherlock.

You and most of America are lucky that they don't just move to Switzerland and leave you to fend for yourselves.

Quote:
What jobs??? I keep hearing that. SO WHAT JOBS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Trump has employed thousands of people.

THOSE jobs -- duh.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:06 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The safety and security of the United States rests not on us being alone in the world but in having allies and friends around the world that trust us. Much of our counter-terrorism measures come from intelligence shared by countries and peoples all over the world. Do you really think we would be safer if all that dried up? Only in Trumpworld would they think so.

Trump is not making us safer. By undermining our allies he is making us less safe. Time for Trumpists to wake up.
Oh yeah, Englands intelligence is so "spot-on." Their country is on fire with terror half the time.

Listen, the world loves us when they need us, and they don't when we need to heal. They loved Obama, who was in constant war his entire presidency. He handed out money like party favors.
We can't maintain the friendships we've had based on $$. We are tapped out, even if you don't want to admit it. War and world friendships cost $$. If we keep those friendships up, we'll fall even further down the rabbit hole.

I think the reason he isn't popular is because he won't pretend America has unlimited funds. That our money grows on White House trees. Trump will hopefully give this nation a break, so it can heal up after the last twelve years of constant conflict.

America is a young country, the world has no business draining us, they're just use to it. In turn we borrow tons of money to keep up our world image. It was bound to come to this. We need a break!

The deplorable realize this. We can't keep taking on illegals, supporting countries financially in the name of climate control, constant wars in the name of world peace. The deplorable are willing to try and give America a rest to heal.

So, if you are worried about safety, put America first for a while.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 AM

30,014 posts, read 18,849,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Oh yeah, Englands intelligence is so "spot-on." They're country is on fire with terror half the time.

Listen, the world loves us when they need us, and they don't when we need to heal. They loved Obama, who was in constant war his entire presidency.
We can't maintain the friendships we've had based on $$. We are tapped out, even if you don't want to admit it. War and world friendships cost $$. If we keep those friendships up, we'll fall even further down the rabbit hole.

I think the reason he isn't popular is because he won't pretend America has unlimited funds. That our money grows on White House trees. Trump will hopefully give this nation a break, so it can heal up after the last twelve years of constant conflict.

America is a young country, the world has no business draining us, they're just use to it. In turn we borrow tones of money to keep up our world image. It was bound to come to this. We need a break!

The deplorable realize this. We can't keep taking on illegals, supporting countries financially in the name of climate control, constant wars in the name of world peace. The deplorable are willing to try and give America a rest to heal.

So, if you are worried about safety, put America first for a while.
I've already awarded my post of the day but this one maybe even better....great posts today.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,914,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And the Liberal World Elitists care more about foreign countries than they do their own. You know, that hubris that they spew everywhere that they go. Go waste your money going to garbage countries, I'd rather spend it here.

Except you can't isolate yourself from the world. America is rapidly losing its hegemony. China is currently in the process of creating OBOR (One Belt, One Road) where they're attempting to connect virtually all of Eurasia, Africa and Europe together with a 'New Silk Road'. This areas represent nearly 50% of the world's ENTIRE GDP.

Oh yeah, and due to America's past misgivings in Latin and South America it has allowed the Chinese to make all sorts of inroads into South and Central America. Did you know China is already planning to build a shorter and better canal than the Panama Canal in Nicaragua? How are you going to feel when all of Central and South America is friendly to Chinese interests and hosts their navy and allows the Chinese to postup missile defense systems in Central America? How are you going to feel when PRC war ships are going to be regularly patrolling off the coasts of CA, in the Gulf of Mexico, and off the East coast of US since they'll have access to their new Nicaraguan Canal or can block American ships from reaching the Pacific?

You don't live isolated in the world and everywhere America exits the Chinese have been more than willing to move in. American isolationism is not only going to cost the US trillions of dollars in economic opportunities over the course of the next few decades, it is going to completely upend America's security situation. The world is going to look a hell of a lot different when China is in control of the AIIB, OBOR, and control the military scene in Central/South America. And it all started because Americans bought into Emperor Trump's nonsense of 'putting America first' and becoming isolationist. It is incredibly stupid a myopic. America now has no long game and is being neutered.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:15 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've already awarded my post of the day but this one maybe even better....great posts today.
Thanks!! I need to stop using edit to edit, and start using preview so I stop making myself look more deplorable. lmao!
Bad habits.
I appreciate the verbal rep despite the grammar errors. I'm glad you got the message.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Except you can't isolate yourself from the world. America is rapidly losing its hegemony. China is currently in the process of creating OBOR (One Belt, One Road) where they're attempting to connect virtually all of Eurasia, Africa and Europe together with a 'New Silk Road'. This areas represent nearly 50% of the world's ENTIRE GDP.

Oh yeah, and due to America's past misgivings in Latin and South America it has allowed the Chinese to make all sorts of inroads into South and Central America. Did you know China is already planning to build a shorter and better canal than the Panama Canal in Nicaragua? How are you going to feel when all of Central and South America is friendly to Chinese interests and hosts their navy and allows the Chinese to postup missile defense systems in Central America? How are you going to feel when PRC war ships are going to be regularly patrolling off the coasts of CA, in the Gulf of Mexico, and off the East coast of US since they'll have access to their new Nicaraguan Canal or can block American ships from reaching the Pacific?

You don't live isolated in the world and everywhere America exits the Chinese have been more than willing to move in. American isolationism is not only going to cost the US trillions of dollars in economic opportunities over the course of the next few decades, it is going to completely upend America's security situation. The world is going to look a hell of a lot different when China is in control of the AIIB, OBOR, and control the military scene in Central/South America. And it all started because Americans bought into Emperor Trump's nonsense of 'putting America first' and becoming isolationist. It is incredibly stupid a myopic. America now has no long game and is being neutered.
China is so dependent on the U.S. as a market for its goods that it is not going to screw around with us.

Plus, we could obliterate them in a matter of minutes if we chose to do so.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Except you can't isolate yourself from the world. America is rapidly losing its hegemony. ......
This is nonsense of course. China doesn't have a deep water navy, no way to project any power globally, and it has an unsustainable population. Namely 750,000,000 people which it can't feed, clothe or house properly.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 AM

68,298 posts, read 54,154,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
If they hate yah, you're dong something right.

Ah, so that's why Obama faced so much hatred from the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies