Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:11 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He was walking down the street going home.

Did you drive your boys everywhere?
I knew what streets they were walking on and if I didn't like the sound of it yes, I was there. I was a huge PITA to them, all 4 boys will tell you that. My kids didn't get much freedom. Personally, I think it's over rated for young people.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
If we could only get actual convictions and real prison time for cops.
Im not holding my breath for a conviction, but at least this time, they arent getting indicted for murder, ots for the coverup, and theyres no way the special prosecutor is going to let them off for this, they should be sunk. I just hope they actually go to jail for this. My question is, how did the special prosecutor get put to this case?

Quote:
They threw Garry McCarthy, the police chief at the time, under the bus and fired him after they were forced to make the video public. I'm sure he was part of it, but this went all the way to the top and everyone in Chicago knows it.
Van Dykes laywer was fingering everyone, that shows how dirty they all are. Its so bad the UNION has nothing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
This shouldn't even be possible. Letting your own handle investigations and being able to suppress evidence for so long shouldn't even be possible.

You know this isn't the only time someone "got what they deserved" as the details of a particular shoot get changed to suit the officers needs.
This type of coverup happens alot, but we just dont see it. Everytime someone like Yanez or Van Dyke do something egregious they reword the report to make themselves look less culpable. People dont believe this type of this thing goes on, but behind closed doors departments do this on the regular. Thats why these guys got caught with their pants down because they got careless...they were getting away with it so often. Thats why Van Dyke has never been disciplined for all his complaints and lawsuits.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Did Laquans parents do everything in their power to keep him out of a situation like this? When my boys were 17 they were NOT running into cops.
Seriously?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,292 times
Quote:
Did Laquans parents do everything in their power to keep him out of a situation like this? When my boys were 17 they were NOT running into cops.
Nothing to say about the cops and what they did huh?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:30 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
And yet the DOJ caught none of this, right?

They're all in bed together - all these crooks. People blame the cops, and they're to blame, but they need to start blaming people all the way up to the top, too.
Emanuel opposes federal civil rights probe of Chicago police, admits 'mistakes':

Emanuel opposes federal civil rights probe of Chicago police, admits 'mistakes' - Chicago Tribune

Old 06-28-2017, 04:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Seriously?
You expected anything different?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:47 AM

9,971 posts, read 5,667,931 times
So wait, they want police who were witnesses to the incident to interview other people who were witnesses to the incident? Am I the only one who thinks that's incredibly stupid? A defense attorney could rip that to shreds -- bias, coordination, witness tampering, just to name three angles off the top of my head they could attack those witness statements from.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You expected anything different?
Lol! Nah.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:01 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
I knew what streets they were walking on and if I didn't like the sound of it yes, I was there. I was a huge PITA to them, all 4 boys will tell you that. My kids didn't get much freedom. Personally, I think it's over rated for young people.
Unbelievable. This takes victim/victim's parents blaming to a whole new level.

I don't know if his mother knew what streets he was walking on. It doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with the event. It didn't cause him to be shot in the back 16 or 17 times by cops, as he walked away from the middle of the street where they were standing.

You're grasping at straws with this - looking for some reason to blame anyone but the cops.

I wonder why.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So wait, they want police who were witnesses to the incident to interview other people who were witnesses to the incident? Am I the only one who thinks that's incredibly stupid? A defense attorney could rip that to shreds -- bias, coordination, witness tampering, just to name three angles off the top of my head they could attack those witness statements from.
Cops are self-policing with their internal investigation b.s.

The system has to change. Too many of them are thugs with a license to kill. And the rest of them are criminals for remaining silent or agreeing to lie.

And the DOJ *investigated* and knew this and did nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Emanuel opposes federal civil rights probe of Chicago police, admits 'mistakes':

Emanuel opposes federal civil rights probe of Chicago police, admits 'mistakes' - Chicago Tribune
Rahm is damn liar #1 in all of this. Work your way down from there and then work your way back up to the DOJ and Loretta Lynch.

They should all be in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.