Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
John McEnroe should have kept his racist, sexist mouth shut.
Lol stay blind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 05:42 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I heard a clip of her a few years ago saying how different of a game it is between men's tennis and women's tennis. She probably agrees with him, or at least knows he's right.
And so would Chris Evert and any women playing or who has played professional tennis.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:47 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,384 times
Quote:
Again, John McEnroe was no where on Serena Williams mind. Serena did not state that she could beat the top men tennis pros so why even go there? What was the point? John McEnroe knew that he would get publicity by making snide remarks about Serena. I swear, black people STAY on the minds of you people.
It didn't go down that way whatsoever. He was praising Williams as the greatest women's player ever and the most dominant player. The interviewer, either through having no knowledge of sports or as being purposefully disingenuous, forced the issue, and McEnroe seemed to be legitimately taken aback by her question.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:48 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
McEnroe was served up a softball by the interviewer and he hit it out of the park. Almost everybody is taking his comment out of context. It just didn't pop out of his head.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:
What exactly was either racist or sexist about his remarks?

Do you understand that there is a reason that the men and women do not compete against each other?

Is that separation sexist or is it rather an acknowledgement of basic biological differences?

Or, is acknowledging basic biological differences now sexist?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
Serena never asked him to apologize, Norah O’Donnell did. The stupid press is trying to embellish a story again.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Johnny McEnroe is simply "Trolling Serena"!! The why's/rationale is rather simple. Create some sort of firestorm!! Publicity We are no longer in the 20th Century. For anyone that has followed tennis realizes.. to win in tennis calls for Talent first, then ability to execute the right shot at the right time!! It's timing, surface conditions and hate to say it > Mental emotional mind space of player on any given day!!

I started playing tennis as a young person and soon understood > WEAK Wrists, and unable to control any stroke and although was those heavy wooden rackets..I knew it wasn't my forte!! But it didn't stop my appreciation of the sport.. so I have followed most tennis matches I especially the Slams, whenever I can!!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,332 times
#1 Rule: do not apologize when you've done nothing wrong

I learned this in early childhood. Since the world has become one gigantic angry idiotic groupthink mob due to our absurd over-connectedness, we're collectively forgetting things like this.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:56 PM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Serena did not care. She is too busy enjoying her life.

It is the stupid press again. John McEnroe did not make a racist remark, he expressed his opinion. Agree or disagree, he is entitled to his opinion.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:56 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
I am really tired of racist white men and women trying to come for Serena's crown but thankfully Queen Serena pays them dust....black excellence personified!!
For far too long the white man has tried to hold Serena down. The lines on a tennis court are white!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies