Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

She's working for free.

So whatever she chooses to do or not do is fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 01:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Seriously, it's okay to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer money for her lifestyle in more than one White House, her security and her earned income from being a trump? Just for her to socialize with her other gilded friends and do lunch! Blonde doesn't begin to describe you.
Whatever she has as a result of being married to Trump she had before.

The fact remains that First Ladies are not paid.

So anything they do is done for free. Are you demanding that she work for free.

I am not. If she chooses to that is up to her.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have a problem with women being mothers? I don't think she is a "trophy wife." She is an incredibly smart woman, unlike the former First Lady, who may have been one of the most ignorant.

"Buys into 'machismo?' And you know this how? But, I'd rather have a real man for President than the limp wristed effeminate that just left.
There is nothing to suggest Melania is smart, let alone incredibly smart, just as there is nothing to suggest she's a dummy.

Trump was interested in her physical beauty and she was interested in his money. Works for them. Who am I to judge.

She was a B list model, sharing an apartment she furnished on her own from Crate and Barrel.

She chose to agree to move into a unit in Trump Tower to be available to Trump, as he saw fit, long before marriage.

She has no particular marketable skill beyond the Trump name.

As far as I am concerned no FLOTUS needs to have a cause.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:49 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Shouldn't every "lady", first or not, need to do something to consider herself worthy of being human?
Well, she is being a mom as far as we have all seen, so that's definitely something. I was talking in context of the First Lady having to have a cause, per se.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. A degree in African American studies and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. It's an example of the US education system failing its students. Mooch accomplished nothing as first lady except for a silly recipe for smores that nobody will eat.

The current Flotus can speak 5 languages fluently. You are right, there is no comparison.

Melania was the sole source of the claim she had a university degree in design and spoke 4 which morphed into 5 languages.

Media exposed the fake educational claim and it was subsequently deleted from her web page. Most Europeans are bi- lingual and able to get bye in multiple languages. That she was able to take direction from a photographer, in a multitude of languages does not mean she is fluent. No one knows.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-16-2017 at 01:59 PM..

Old 07-16-2017, 02:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That she was able to take direction from a photographer does not make her fluent.
Good point. Melania Trump is good at taking her clothes off.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that some people would call Michelle Obama "classless," yet it's Melania who has done nude photo shoots and has pictures on the internet of her and another women laying in bed together naked.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What case did she take to trial? I thought so.
You believe the only type of attorney is a trial lawyer?

Most attorney's like MDS and accountants, limit their practice to specialized areas. That less than 2% of civil cases ever go to trial, most attornies are not trial lawyers.

As an aside, none of the Supreme Court Justices were trial lawyers and not all were judges before their appointments.

http://www.thecontingency.com/2017/0...supreme-court/

You may now resume with your next episode of Perry Mason.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:22 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I am curious what our new first ladies thing will be...if anything. Do you see her becoming a part of anything like that?

As for the Machelle Obama program to help the obesity problem in children...we all know what happened there. She started off with a good plan... teach kids to eat whole fresh foods, get parents to look at cutting out processed foods altogether. Then companies like pepsi and kelloggs got involved to make it look like they were helping and then her program dropped the nutrition aspect and focused just on the being active aspect.
Most, if not all, of the first ladies programs have been failures. Generally speaking, Michelle ended up being okay. We are six months in and Melania has been a pretty gracious first lady. That's good enough for me.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm barely familiar with who Alex Jones is.

Does Mooch speak five languages fluently? Mooch is a scum bag, who hates America by her own admission. She lost her law license too. (I don't know how she ever made it through law school). She is the very definition of "dumb."
People believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Contrary to the fake news reported on the Internet:

Michelle Obama put her license to practice law in an inactive status in Illinois. She was never disciplined by the state.

Same deal for the former POTUS.

Both could reactivated their licenses at any time, should they intend to practice law. Doing so would be inappropriate for any former POTUS/ FLOTUS.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Contrary to the fake news reported on the Internet:

Michelle Obama put her license to practice law in an inactive status in Illinois. She was never disciplined by the state.

Same deal for the former POTUS.

Both could reactivated their licenses at any time, should they intend to practice law. Doing so would be inappropriate for any former POTUS/ FLOTUS.

Good luck getting Obama haters to believe your FACTS. Anti-Obama people HATE facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies