Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,098,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I voted for Trump.
I like the accomplishments he is making.

Although, what he said in this tweet is uncalled for.
It is always nice to see Trump supporters who can separate the politics from the inappropriate behavior.

I didn't vote for him and I'm not keen on most (not all) of what he's done. But, if I had I would've responded similarly. This attack on Twitter wasn't okay.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:56 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,062,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah... that really called for the type of retaliation he took on Twitter.

If he wanted to respond at all, all he had to say was that he assumed everyone knew those covers were made up and he thought they were hilarious, so people should just lighten up already.

LOL.

How hard would that be? He's embarrassed he got caught. So, he attacks a private citizen's appearance and makes misogynistic implications about her.

This is the guy that squeaked through the electoral college. We might need to give that system another look.
A classier response would have been "I'm hoping for the real thing some day, Time Inc. I'm looking at you"
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 01:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,720,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Mike Pence has executive experience, respects the nature of our democracy, and aside from his militant social conservatism putting him at odds with LGBTQ rights, he doesn’t make a habit of attacking elements of the population at random or to further his own populist image.

This said, Trump won fair and square . He was voted in. So who knows what the future looks like at this moment.
Not really.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Thank you.

It's more than possible to overall support someone and still call them out if necessary. If anything, that goes with the territory, because you *want* to see him succeed, and behaving with dignity will help that happen.
I feel like the only thing that might get Trump in check is if more of his supporters DO call out his inappropriate behavior.

All of us who don't support him calling it out just makes him think he's #winning.

If his supporters would tell him "I like your platform and I want to see you get to work on it, but I really don't like it when you attack citizens and the press." I bet he'd ease up.

He wants to be approved of by his supporters.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
If Trump will tweet stuff this mean about Mika, I wonder what he will tweet about Bill Maher. I'm surprised we haven't heard Tweeting paragraphs about him already
Trump seems to prefer attacking women.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:59 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,805,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah... that really called for the type of retaliation he took on Twitter.

If he wanted to respond at all, all he had to say was that he assumed everyone knew those covers were made up and he thought they were hilarious, so people should just lighten up already.

LOL.

How hard would that be? He's embarrassed he got caught. So, he attacks a private citizen's appearance and makes misogynistic implications about her.

This is the guy that squeaked through the electoral college. We might need to give that system another look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
damn, you are good.

It is hard to debate this, I have to admit.
Yep, all Trump would have had to do is reply like an adult, not attack them in an unrelated way, and then have his surrogates go out there for him and blame the victim for making him say awful things.

Yet Trump supporters will defend him on this as well, like this is normal behavior for the president of the United States. Or a normal 71 year old man.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM

38,979 posts, read 27,367,691 times
If it weren’t for the biased media, Trump probably would not have won the Republican nomination. Recall the aphorism that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Trump’s whole approach has been to make outlandish statements so that the media report on what he said, thus giving him free publicity.

By the way, all news media are biased to some extent, but you have to consider their role in our political system. Their role is to uncover bad things that elected officials and political candidates and others in charge of the country prefer to keep hidden.

All these being said, it is pretty obvious that Trump still thinks that he has a lot to prove. He won, and he should be focusing on policies and well... "make America great again."

I have to admit that in a sick and twisted way, I thought Trump's streetfighter aggressive style to be pretty appealing BEFORE he became the president. Because in order to be an anti-establishment who would step on a lot of big toes, you kind of have to be aggressive. But now, have to say that Trump style is getting very very old..

Pretty sad indeed.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:01 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,085,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
If you think the POTUS trolling the media and liberals is normal and acceptable behavior, you are just as incapable of acting like an adult as the Trump is. Do you think it is normal for the what used to be the leader of the free world to sit around and watch morning news shows and then tweet about them? Don't you think the POTUS has better things to do and be thinking about about other than a couple of political commentators say about him? And right wingers claimed (falsely) that Obama had thin skin.

Like a child, Trump must answer any comment about him and make sure he gets the last word. Only it does not work out so well for him sometimes, like when he settled his Trump U case, after saying he never settles, meekly admitting in a one sentence admittance after a fiver year contention that Obama was born in the US, or his latest, that he has no tapes. Man, he plays his supports like a broken drum and they just ask for more. Very pathetic.
They lack compassion and humanity. They've lost their social skills. The internet has caused so many people to lose compassion and humanity because they don't see a live human face behind forum posts and tweets. It's becomes all about "trolling". Why is the president trolling the citizens of the United States when there are real issues affecting people inside and outside of this country every single day? Trolling is what edgy teenagers do in their free time when nothing is going on. Why is a 70 year old man who is the president trolling people? What sort of enjoyment and self-fullfilment do you people get out of "trolling"? I don't get it. Is that much missing from your lives that memes, insults, and trolls become your pleasure in life? To hurt other people? Mindboggling.

I'll be blunt here: It's no wonder suicide and drug abuse is increasingly becoming common among White Trump supporters.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:02 PM

186 posts, read 130,936 times
I believe he said she was bleeding from a plastic surgery, he never commented about her looks.

I wonder if that is true, if she was bleeding or had bandages on her.

if not, he's a liar

Old 06-29-2017, 02:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,819,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So you have nothing and want to grade papers. I'll keep you employed. Happy to do it.
No, I'll just follow the excellent example of my 11th grade English teacher, who gave our papers two grades: one for content and the other for grammar. As in, A/E (E was failing, our school did not use F) would result in an average of C., which would be recorded in her grade book. One error of grammar, spelling or an incomplete sentence would result in an E - and it would take an A for content to raise it to a C. If content was B, then a D would result.

So following this practice, you'd receive an E for grammar - as for content, well, I'm not going farther than to say that you would not earn an A in my own grade book, so perhaps you'd earn a D at best.

As I wrote previously, grammar is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies