Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 06:11 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times

Advertisements

There is one word that is appropriate to describe the POTUS's behaviors:
Decompensating

For those who are not familiar with this term, I suggest that you refer to a psychology text for an explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 06:11 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Watch the show. If what Joe and Mika are saying is not true I am sure Trump will sue.
Threaten to sue...

That is Trump's MO, but he is finding out that his old tricks don't work as president and they don't work on people who are not scared of him and threatened legal action.

Trump's problem (besides some sort of deep insecurity) is that, as president, not everyone is going to bow down to him and let his lies slide by like they did (for the most part) when he was a private citizen. He thinks he's even more entitled now.

Even as a private citizen but a public figure, his claims of libel against him from others are held to a different standard and the does not like or understand this fact. Simple libel laws did not apply to him (NY Times vs Sullivan). It doesn't matter, as people are reporting his lies, not making up stuff about him. If he feels stories about him are made up, he is free to sue.

Truth is an absolute defense. I don't see any lawsuits coming from him. In fact, it was just announced that they are "delaying" the civil suit they promised against Comey, because they know Trump would have to testify and answer questions he doesn't want to answer under oath. This will quietly fade away.

Trump team postpones legal complaint against Comey | TheHill

Just like:
-Trump's his Obama birther claim -meekly retracted
-"I don't settle lawsuits" - yes he does, Trump U being one of the latest
-Trumps claim that Obama tapped my wires - no proof
-Melania is going to hold a little press conference about her immigration status - never happened
-There are tapes -meekly retracted
-"We have a great healthcare package. We're going to have a great, great surprise." - I guess senators going home on recess was the surprise....

Old 06-30-2017, 06:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I can't believe you think a grown man should not retaliate.
And like I said, Bill Clinton was considered the most Presidential President of the last few decades and left office with a massive approval rating, and he had an affair in the Oval Office with an intern.
So don't get all excited over a tweet....
Is this really a foreign concept for you? The idea of not retaliating against people who disagree with you. Have you ever worked anywhere? People disagree with each other all the time. Many mature adults understand the response to disagreement is not retaliation but discussion and cooperation.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:13 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
The idea that anyone should not retaliate is just ridiculous.
Those horrible people talking trash to Trump should get away with it?
And don't tell me retaliation is not "presidential"....
The President with the highest Presidential approval rating banged interns in the Oval Office.
Tweeting is nothing.
Couldn't resist, could you? No mention of Obama-did-it-too or what-about-Clinton?

Falling down on the job here, Swayalot.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Who gave Clinton the 'Presidential President' title.

I thought Reagan owned that...or JFK.....

I have never heard anybody say that about Clinton -- not even the liberals.

No you guys are coming up with excuses to justify bad behavior.

I have no problem with everyone saying that what President Trump did was absolutely wrong and ridiculous and not Presidential BUT I stand by his policy on..............

I would get that.

But to whine and say -- well -- the media isn't being nice to him.....

Hillary Clinton has been one of the most vilified politicians. Rubio, Bush, Ryan have been bashed for years....and none of them felt the need to have a temper tantrum and attack someone's physical appearance.

And if Trump has to publicly try to shame the people calling him out for his fake Time covers in his golf clubs...then let him attack their focus on trivial interests.......etc....but his comment was crude. He seems to be a little obsessed with women 'bleeding' from their eyes and their face. I wonder if he has PTSD from his wives having too many face lifts or something.

There is no justification for bad behavior. A swift apology -- let Kelly Ann do the 'but the press is picking on him tour'.....but let the President stay focussed on issues, stop his childish tweets and let's move on.

Is there a health care act vote before the 4th?
Here is a summary of what Trump said at the most basic level that it is - 7 year old speak:

"Joe is a stupid head and Mika is ugly. And I wouldn't let them come to my party."

Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times
Quote:
The worst thing an American can do is make America WEAK.
Obama is the worst man, ever.
He wasn't for America.
He wasn't even for African-Americans, despite supposedly being one, did nothing to help.
Making America weak is a highly subjective opinion and one that should not be taken from (a) network news program. I might argue,, quite convincingly, that Trump's actions in his first 5 months in office - such as alienating our closest allies, withdrawing from international agreements on climate and trade, defending our greatest enemy, tweeting about petty personal disputes - have made the US look weaker than we have ever been - although that would only be my opinion not a fact.

As for Obama, history will judge him my his actions and accomplishments (many) and not by the biased, illogical and possibly racist opinions of his detractors.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:15 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
and what exactly prompted Trump to do this? Face it, the media hates Trump and attacks him everyday.
enough is enough.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:19 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and what exactly prompted Trump to do this? Face it, the media hates Trump and attacks him everyday.
enough is enough.
Do they attack him baselessly or do the "attacks" as you put them contain commentary that disagrees or critiques/criticizes his actions. Very different than an "attack."

Old 06-30-2017, 06:20 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,003 times
The media is NOT bound to praise him. This is NOT Russia, North Korea nor Cuba. If he disagrees with what the media is saying, he has the right and the power of the presidency to bring his point across.

When instead he spends his time attacking persons in the media with imbecile, childish personal attacks that only shows weakened, mental instability and lack of restrain.

There is no defense for this type of crap, we wouldn't allow it from our children, how in hell can anyone excuse it from the President of the USA.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible because of Party lines. It weakens any defense of real cases in which the media has been wrong when anyone tries to defend this

Old 06-30-2017, 06:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Here is a summary of what Trump said at the most basic level that it is - 7 year old speak:

"Joe is a stupid head and Mika is ugly. And I wouldn't let them come to my party."
Clever editing.....you can't forget the bleeding from her face comment.

Come on - he's obsessed with women bleeding from their eyes and everywhere. It's creepy. There is some deep psychological stuff going on right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies