Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2017, 02:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Of course it's a thinly veiled call to violence. Classic us vs them.

Rhetoric the right has been using for YEARS to fan the flames against 'liberals".

Yet they cry foul when it's used against them.

Too bad RWNJ's; you started it.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 PM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I expect to see more armed right-wing violence against liberals in the coming months.

Be careful and stay safe. Don't be a hero - be smart and quietly walk away from any suspected derange right-wingers.

Wow, just wow.
I know you are one of these left wing posters who start threads on a regular basis attacking any and everything not in line with your ideology. However this is an absurd implication, especially in light of all the violence on the leftist side with riots, supporting anti-police rhetoric by BLM, assassination attempts of political enemies, etc.

I watched the video, trying to look at it in the worst possible light, to find even a scintilla of objectionable words or phrasing. Needless to say it is a giant nothing burger.
Yet you somehow find it disturbing enough to warn fellow people of your ilk to worry about people on the right?

Here is the actual video so others can judge for themselves;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

Old 07-01-2017, 02:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, just wow.
I know you are one of these left wing posters who start threads on a regular basis attacking any and everything not in line with your ideology. However this is an absurd implication, especially in light of all the violence on the leftist side with riots, supporting anti-police rhetoric by BLM, assassination attempts of political enemies, etc.

I watched the video, trying to look at it in the worst possible light, to find even a scintilla of objectionable words or phrasing. Needless to say it is a giant nothing burger.
Yet you somehow find it disturbing enough to warn fellow people of your ilk to worry about people on the right?

Here is the actual video so others can judge for themselves;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

It's not just me. It's basically most reasonable people who saw it.

If it was just me and a few people who found it disturbing, you may have a point. But it is Newsweek, Washington Post, Business Insider, Independent, and just about every major news outlet saw the same thing that we did. Even people in UK is shocked. Heck, even fellow gun owners are shocked, according to the Washington Post.

The fact that there are extremists who found it perfectly ok, is very disturbing. I know it's a free country, but it's shocking nonetheless. Or perhaps we shouldn't be so shocked after seeing how far the Right is willing to go.

The NRA recruitment video that is even upsetting gun owners - WaPo

A chilling National Rifle Association ad gaining traction online appears to be 'an open call to violence' - Business Insider

The NRA just released a violent, terrifying ad

NRA advert calling on Americans to 'fight lies' called 'an open call to violence' - UK Independent

NRA CALLS ON GUN HOLDERS TO ‘FIGHT’ ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTERS WITH ‘CLENCHED FIST OF TRUTH’ - Newsweek

Old 07-01-2017, 04:39 PM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:

If it was just me and a few people who found it disturbing, you may have a point. But it is Newsweek, Washington Post, Business Insider, Independent, and just about every major news outlet saw the same thing that we did. Even people in UK is shocked. Heck, even fellow gun owners are shocked, according to the Washington Post.

The fact that there are extremists who found it perfectly ok, is very disturbing. I know it's a free country, but it's shocking nonetheless. Or perhaps we shouldn't be so shocked after seeing how far the Right is willing to go.

A chilling National Rifle Association ad gaining traction online appears to be 'an open call to violence' - Business Insider

NRA advert calling on Americans to 'fight lies' called 'an open call to violence' - UK Independent

NRA CALLS ON GUN HOLDERS TO ‘FIGHT’ ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTERS WITH ‘CLENCHED FIST OF TRUTH’ - Newsweek

I find it ok, and am not an extremist by most peoples definition. That is unless you are talking about liberal extremists who see anyone slightly right of left field as such.

As another poster recently asked, put in print even one passage of this ad that calls for violence. It can't be done, because the text is not there.

Now you might try to claim there are hidden "dog whistles" and/or "subliminal undertones" calling for such, but that is speculative at best, intentionally deceiving at worst.

I remember when liberals/leftists/progressives claimed the Willie Horton ads against Dukakis were racist. Yet when challenged to state even one example of racism in the ad's, the best they could come up with was implications and speculation based on the fact they used the picture of a black man.
The news flash of course was that Willie Horton was black. However that is irrelevant to normal people, as the point of the ad was that Dukakis was a raging liberal governor who allowed violent felons to get weekend furloughs (i.e. passes) among society. He of course decided to rape and kill while on pass, so it was an ad to show how out of touch Dukakis was with reality.
As you may know or recall, he was the little liberal fool who said he would not want the death penalty for someone who raped and killed his own wife.
He was going to lose anyway, but that pie in the sky liberalism doomed any chance he may have had to be president.
Had Willie Horton been white, the same ad would have been used, but leftists (many of whom harbor racist views themselves), projected their own assumptions/motives upon others.
But I digress

The bottom line is that this ad says the police will need to quell the leftist violence, not the armed citizens.
Yet instead of hearing the actual words in the ad, leftists are inferring whatever they want and demonizing the ad for what they think it says.

`

Old 07-01-2017, 04:49 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course it's a thinly veiled call to violence. Classic us vs them.

Rhetoric the right has been using for YEARS to fan the flames against 'liberals".

Yet they cry foul when it's used against them.

Too bad RWNJ's; you started it.
Do they legitimately believe that these thin veils give them plausible deniability? Do they think only they can hear the dog-whistles, or are they gaslighting?

Old 07-01-2017, 04:51 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:

Is this a complete list of those who tell you how to think or just a partial list?

Old 07-01-2017, 04:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
I don't like the video because she comes across as too angry. I like Dana and her commitment to 2A but this is a bit much for me. That said, people are angry at all the leftist crap going on that is depicted in the video.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Let's see. This Advert caused 25 people to be shot in one night.

https://twitter.com/KiddTheCreep/sta...90024471736321

The NRA isn't the problem.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:15 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. This Advert caused 25 people to be shot in one night.

https://twitter.com/KiddTheCreep/sta...90024471736321

The NRA isn't the problem.
Don't expect bebop to start a thread on that ACTUAL gun violence.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:18 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:

All Left wing news outlets that have been railing against the 2nd Amendment, the NRA and the lawful possession of firearms for as long as I can remember. Why am I not shocked?

The only thing shocking and disturbing about that video were scenes of rioting and violence orchestrated by Left wing activists who resort to these types of activities when things don't go their way. Perhaps we shouldn't be so shocked by their behavior. Funny not a peep out of you regarding that. The truth is staring you right in the face yet you choose to ignore it. I guess extremism is okay when it comes from your side?

The only thing that the NRA advocated was to "fight this violence of lies with the clenched fist of truth". I saw nowhere in that video where the NRA told its member to take up arms, destroy people's property, riot in the streets or try to assassinate politicians they don't agree with such as your brethren have already done.

According to the Washington Post? According to the Washington Post? The Washington Post speaking on behalf of "fellow gun owners" is an absolute joke. The Washington Post only speaks for Left wing demagogues such as yourself who swallow every word that is printed hook line and sinker. If the Washington Post claimed that we landed the first man on the surface of the sun and returned him home safely you'd probably believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies