Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 10:05 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So, Trump has to carry himself through all these personal attacks on he and his family, while the MSM are not accountable for anything they say. The rule used to be the family was off limits. MSM has to be held accountable for their rude, cruel, and inhumane statements as well.

I guarantee if MSM treated him as President with at least a little respect, he'd most certainly lighten up himself. I can't blame him for blowing a cork after some of the things these morons have said.
Yes he does. He's at the top, and he should withstand the barrage as top dog. He's battling from the inside and out, and with an entirely GOP congress he's struggling with that. Sure, the odds are against him. But look at the job. He has a responsibility way above all of us. He has to be bigger than everyone else, but not by insulting, but by being the biggest sponge while doing his best at his craft.

I'm only 57, but I have never seen anything like this, not even close. It's hard for me to think of my POTUS as a grown up teenager, but that's how I see him. Not the best personality type for the job IMO, whether or not he's capable.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:06 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Oh gosh... give me a break.

The left seem to think there is no limit to how rude they can be. We have never seen a President treated this badly, ever. Obama, Bush, Clinton all were treated badly... but this is an entirely new level of horrible treatment. Obama was NEVER accused of incest, no bloody head, no Democrat hit lists, no rioting in the streets, no insinuation of assassinating him by a celeb, or blowing up his white house.

Stop with this double standard and feigned outrage.

People are smart enough to understand the differences between how past Presidents were treated and Trump. It's light years worse, and anyone that denies it are liars and insincere. 70% of the people agree it's worse, including liberals.
Do you not understand that Trump started this. All Trump does is insult anyone who goes against him....the people of our country, the media, our allies in the world. Our president is supposed to be held to a higher standard, he's just an embarrassing joke. I hope our allies can forgive us.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:09 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:

The left seem to think there is no limit to how rude they can be. We have never seen a President treated this badly, ever. Obama, Bush, Clinton all were treated badly... but this is an entirely new level of horrible treatment. Obama was NEVER accused of incest, no bloody head, no Democrat hit lists, no rioting in the streets, no insinuation of assassinating him by a celeb, or blowing up his white house.

People are smart enough to understand the differences between how past Presidents were treated and Trump. It's light years worse, and anyone that denies it are liars and insincere. 70% of the people agree it's worse, including liberals.

You must be blind, deaf, or both. Obama was put under a microscope from the second he ran for this office, and he was called every name in the book and he, and his entire family, were subjected to horrible insults and insinuations , like not being citizens, Michelle being a man, Obama being gay, and so much more. Your buddy Trump led the stupid birther accusations and kept that alive for the entire time Obama was in there.

But you never saw Obama react, he shrugged off the insults and kept going. THAT IS STRENGTH, not the tirades we see from a weak little twit who now lives in the WH. You need to take off those blinders and be honest with yourself. If your wife were called the terrible names some people called Michelle, you would be ready to kill them. Obama was strong throughout all of that, the mark of a real man.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:11 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times
Leave it to the Trump supporters to go to great lengths to explain away and even support misogyny from a sitting president.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:18 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,692 times
Quote:

No, I really am outraged. It's not feigned. We've never had a president who has behaved like this. He doesn't even act like an adult, much less a leader. It is shameful and disgraceful the way he treats people. Since BEFORE he was president, so sorry Steven, you can't blame the "left" or "the media"

And you're flat-out wrong. Presidents have been shot. I'd say that's worse. No?

And please don't forget how your hero rose to power...he made himself relevant to the far right by going on a witchhunt to "prove" President Obama was not an American citizen, and that he was secretly in league with terrorists. You expect Trump to be treated better? You expect he can delegitimize the president, but no one should examine his pitiful track record with honesty and decency?

Maybe you should quit defending him? Trump obviously THRIVES on this crap. That why he constantly stokes the fires. If he's treated worse than Obama or GWB it's because of who he is. He could slow it down, disengage, act like an adult, attempt to bring people together. But he doesn't. Because he LIVES for controversy.

(and I think you've forgotten how badly Obama was treated...)

Old 06-29-2017, 10:30 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,451,817 times
Quote:
Freedom of Speech! Liberals all upset and outraged about a tweet but not outraged about a beheaded President, etc
Yeah, well, Trump tweets outrageous false accusations, and adolescent name-calling and insulting comments EVERY SINGLE DAY, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, since inauguration. So, while certainly the pic was over the top, that was a one-time event.

Meanwhile we have to put up with Trump's disgusting neverending crap every single gd day.

Trump set the hostile and combative tone in his campaign and continued this disgusting behavior daily since he's been in the White House. He has no clue he is President of the US or how to behave properly.

His speech, tweets and overall behavior are so far from being civil and appropriate - he's become a laughing stock buffoon worldwide.

There might be an argument if the attacks continue unprovoked from the other side. But he is ALWAYS the ANTAGONIST.

Until he stops, he's only geting a pittance of what he deserves. Karma is a beotch.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:59 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:

And just how much of the opposition to him has he brought onto himself with his actions? Do you seriously think that we would be having all this tumult if we had President Jeb Bush/John Kasich/Marco Rubio sitting in the White House? But people wanted to give the finger to the establishment and now they are sitting back in mock horror about how badly their champion is being treated, like it was never expected. Give me a break.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:36 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually in those cases I side with POTUS. Until today. He has lost all high ground. And WTF is his fixation on women bleeding? Just creepy.
He's a really sick person. And we get to put up with this crap, non-stop. Until....who knows.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
If the commander in chief of the most powerful military force in history has a problem with impulse control, the whole world has a problem.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Look, we either have a President or we don't. The office of the President has to mean something. You complain that he should be treated like everyone else, well, guess what. He isn't everyone else. He is the President. And I do hold him to a higher standard than everyone else. No president, Republican or Democrat, has ever behaved the way Trump has. He would have more respect if he was able to rise above the fray and act like a President. He cannot do that.
He's not an adult, not a man, not a president...not a human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies