Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
YES 306 64.42%
NO 169 35.58%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 04:48 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, Trump should have been meeting with world leaders, discussing issues of vital interests to Americans.

Instead he's devoting hours to getting chatted up by Putin. Putin comes out of this with some great PR. Trump comes out if it looking like a treason weasel.

Instead, he's sitting by himself, while everyone around him is talking, making deals.

Instead he's tweeting about Podesta not handing over DNC servers that he had nothing to do with. (Podesta is not DNC. He's Clinton campaign.)

Podesta tweeted out that Trump needed to get his head in the game.

I agree.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:52 AM

Imagine hiring a CEO and sending him to an international conference to represent the interests of the company.

Instead, he spends several hours chatting about God knows what with one your main competitors, and ignores your suppliers and buyers.

By Monday, we'd be having that this-job-does-not-seem-to-be-a-good-fit discussion.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I like what I hear from Trump. That's why I voted for him. For once a candidate was speaking what I was thinking. I guess you consider illegal immigration "right". I don't. Trump also questions global warming, which is a total fraud.
Explain to me how Trump is "dishonest".
If you want to see dishonest then listen to the mainstream media. The Russia / Trump collusion thing was a prime example. They took a nothing burger and turned it into "Trump is gonna get impeached" for 6 months.
It's called fighting back against the destroy Trump media.
Oh and so Obama is untouchable???? Do you work in media? Nice double standard! Obama has showed no class with regard to Trump. You exhibit selective outrage. Chances are you only tune into the destroy Trump media which would explain why you're unaware of how Obama has disrespected Trump, most recently Obama called Trump a "bullsh***er". What kind of former president talks like that?

Ok, BB, let's address some of those points you raised:

1) Illegal immigrants. What your side sees as this monumental problem has existed for decades and decades. Places like California and Texas have always had illegals, and they generally come from Mexico. While it would be great if they became citizens, we make it damn hard to do that, so a lot of them simply forego that process, and they stay here, raise their families, and work hard to support themselves. One reason we tend to ignore this issue is because there are bigger problems facing America that Trump should be working on, and leave this one for after everything else is fixed.

2) Explain to you how Trump is dishonest ? Have we not gone over this subject till we are blue in the face ? We have provided video proof of him lying and changing his tune from one day to the next. We have discussed his unethical business practices, where multitudes of hard working vendors were beat out of their money because Trump scammed them. If you want, we can put up more video proof of his dishonesty, but I don't think you would watch them or change your stance.

3) How do you KNOW that the Russian thing is a nothing burger ? Do not you want to know that your President is clean and is not acting inappropriately with a foreign government ? We do, and the investigations will determine that.

4) What kind of former President talks like that ? Puleeze ! What kind of CURRENT PRESIDENT talks the way Donald Trump does, or tweets ugly, childish things the way he does ? Every time Trump gives a speech it is laced with venom and hatred toward someone else. He makes up derogatory names for anyone he does not agree with, and he makes up stories about something to defame them. Should our President lower himself to those levels ? Tell me this is an honest man in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16jNy3ngggI

Last edited by don1945; 07-08-2017 at 06:09 AM..

Old 07-08-2017, 06:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I like what I hear from Trump. That's why I voted for him. For once a candidate was speaking what I was thinking.
This is just the problem.....saying what you were thinking. Now - besides the fact that he didn't DO any of it, we have the very basic truth that your thinkings is likely not world class. Do you want a guy who designs ICBMs, cures for cancer or electric cars "thinking like you". I don't. No offense meant here, but it's likely you think on quite a low level.

To quote a famous journalist, you are a prime example of his thoughts.....
"all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre—the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

And so it is - and do it has been (GW was, I thought, the example...but Trump has outdone him).

Old 07-08-2017, 06:46 AM

Trump was such a dope yesterday. Putin played him like a bass drum. Kept flattering him for over two hours. His staff finally sent Melania in to try to bring this fiasco to an end.

Tillerson did his best to put things in a positive light. But since he wouldn't go on camera to do it, it does cause one to wonder what the hell actually happened in there.

Regardless of what they talked about, the entire world now knows Putin has made Trump his *****.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:05 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know about the future leaders. The younger people I'm around thing he's an absolute lunatic.

"Look past his personality" is one of the new Russian troll farm talking points.
My girlfriend works at a private school and the kids are ranting and raving about Trump and are rude in ways they learned from him and their obvious Trump supporting parents.

There were two kids in Wall NJ that had their photo album shirts photoshopped because they were wearing Trump T-shirts.

My sister's husband is a HUGE Trump supporter and one of his daughters is following his lead while the other one is just reserved about the political atmosphere today, both young tenagers.

This climate is sending mixed messages to our future leaders. Some of the more stable Trump supporters feel the same way about Trump really pushing the line of decency but won't admit to that openly.

It all depends on where you live, the circles of population you live in and the size of your extended family to get a diverse view of how this time is affecting next generation.

My family is in NJ,CA,FL,NM and supported Cruze, Hilliary, Sanders, Trump, Bush, Web.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Even KellyAnne knows the truth about Donald Trump......at least before she sold out to his paycheck to silence her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-uLXgXB874

Old 07-08-2017, 09:14 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times

Old 07-08-2017, 09:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yep, that says it all. The adults are all engaged in conversation, and know-nothing Trump sits alone, looking confused. Pretty much sums up how ****ed we are.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:29 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,880,484 times
He has a personality disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies