Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
YES 306 64.42%
NO 169 35.58%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:49 AM

12,956 posts, read 9,604,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Trump thinks he's better than everyone else, including other (smarter) world leaders.
He was too proud to get up and mingle, that was beneath him to chase people around the room to chat with them. Maybe he expecting everybody to come to him.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,825,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have said before, and I shall say it again: President Donald JOHN Trump's best hope against impeachment (should there be evidence to support such) or resorting to the 25th amendment, is the Republican majority in each chamber.

However, the President is alienating a lot of his Congressional support.

This is an 'opinion' piece, not factual reporting (some of our Trump supporters have difficulty in telling the two apart):

Trump support in Congress shows signs of crumbling - Chicago Tribune

From the OPINION article from May of this year:

"Tom Railsback, one of the last surviving members of the House Judiciary Committee that voted to impeach Richard Nixon, recalls the moment he knew he and his party finally had to break with their wayward president. "I personally liked Richard Nixon," said Railsback, a Republican from Illinois who is now 85. "He campaigned for me. But I reached a point - a number of us did - where we all felt that this was the most important decision of our lives."

Now, this OPINION article opines that, in May 2017, Mr. Trump's support among Republicans was becoming shaky.

I have previously opined that Mr. Trump made no friends in the House when he called the House-passed healthcare bill 'mean'. Recall, he had initially called it 'well crafted' (although I doubt he read it), and hosted the Rose Garden celebration. Then, he turned on the Republican representatives. As I previously noted, it takes no great imagination to imagine the Democrat campaign ads against Republican House members next year. All will use the word "mean", as uttered by the Leader of the Republican Party.

I also doubt that he is winning friends in the Senate. Indeed, the Senate passed a bill creating even harsher sanctions against Russia (98-2) with reports coming out of Washington that Trump is pushing back and trying to ease the sanctions.

Look at yesterday's tweet storm. Instead of the media focusing on the passage of Kate's Law (which was reported on, but clearly overshadowed) the news was consumed not only with Mr. Trump's tweets, but the responses of a goodly number of Republicans (that Democrats condemned the tweets is not newsworthy).

If Donald JOHN Trump loses significant Republican support, then Trump's House of Cards will fall.

There have been reports, citing anonymous Republican sources (for the House and Senate members do not wish to be on record, yet) that Mr. Trump has little respect behind closed doors.

And for those you that claim all polls are false (save for the ones you like), remember this: House and Senate members seem to implicitly believe in polls. Both parties also conduct their own private polling. We do not know what the private polls show, but I bet it ain't that Mr. Trump has majority support among the American people.

Proof of the pudding? Look at the comments from Republicans yesterday about Mr. Trump's tweets.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:53 AM

Plus... no Trump Zombie can name even one single admirable human quality IN Donald Trump, because there isn't one!

Old 07-09-2017, 02:53 PM

716 posts, read 392,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Plus... no Trump Zombie can name even one single admirable human quality IN Donald Trump, because there isn't one!
Well putting aside his admitted groping, I understand he actually cherishes women...

Old 07-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Well putting aside his admitted groping, I understand he actually cherishes women...

Uh-huh..... we can see how much he cherishes Melania!

Old 07-09-2017, 03:37 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
How did you come to this understanding?

He humiliated his first wife by bringing his mistress along on a family ski holiday.

He left his second wife because he was bored and rarely sees his daughter by her.

He's inconsiderate of his third wife.

So what exactly are you seeing that speaks to Trump cherishing women?

Old 07-09-2017, 03:44 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,819,082 times
Quote:
Well that then would be his only positive attribute

He cherishes women.
He should see that they get better medical care and equal pay

Old 07-09-2017, 03:48 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,872,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm originally from New York, and they hate him there. Hillary Clinton won New York County (Manhattan) 87% to 10% for Trump. I'll take actual New Yorkers' view of him over a lame explanation that Liberals dislike him because he is too direct being from New York and all
NY Loves his Money! Kinda like speaking from both sides of their Liberal Mouths!

Old 07-09-2017, 04:15 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
He cherishes women.
He should see that they get better medical care and equal pay
Exactly.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:33 PM

716 posts, read 392,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How did you come to this understanding?

He humiliated his first wife by bringing his mistress along on a family ski holiday.

He left his second wife because he was bored and rarely sees his daughter by her.

He's inconsiderate of his third wife.

So what exactly are you seeing that speaks to Trump cherishing women?
Absolutely nothing, I was being facetious.

Frankly I can't see how any woman could have enough self-respect to look themselves in a mirror after voting for, let alone defend, this misogynist groper...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.