Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:07 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
From a local New York CBS affiliate:

Gunman Dead After Shooting At Bronx Lebanon Hospital « CBS New York

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that the gunman killed at least one person before killing himself.

and

The gunman has been identified as Dr. Henry Bello, a former employee and family medicine physician. He allegedly brought a rifle into the hospital underneath a white lab coat.
What frustrates me most about these killers is their series of cowardly actions. They open fire, kill innocent people, and then turn around and kill themselves.

No one has the courage to face their accusers and to face the consequences of their incredibly heinous actions.

And while many may argue that this is good that these people take their own lives, I think it's an act of pure selfishness... And these events only seem to be more of the norm, rather than the exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 04:16 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeah-i heard about the fires too--i wonder what that was about?
Guess it's time to outlaw matches.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
ANOTHER American coward thinking he's omnipotent with his gun!! I noticed Murica is loaded with cowards
Let me cut you in on a secret. Many if not most gun owners, don't own a gun because they are afraid or feel they need it for self defense. We own them because enjoy target shooting and hunting. I never carry and never have.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:22 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Let me cut you in on a secret. Many if not most gun owners, don't own a gun because they are afraid or feel they need it for self defense. We own them because enjoy target shooting and hunting. I never carry and never have.
With the 300M+ firearms in people's hands and the second amendment, these shootings are only going to increase. If you think with this one we're done, think twice. Mad dogs only multiply by the day.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:58 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
What does this have to do with politics? Unless you're hoping it's been committed by a right winger...

Isn't NYC gun free?

Didn't Cuomo ban AR15s?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:19 PM

19,834 posts, read 12,090,217 times
According to NBC, he "resigned from the hospital in 2015 in lieu of termination." It has been reported that Bello was accused of sexual harassment and didn't leave his position voluntarily.

Henry Bello: 5 Fast Facts You Need to*Know

Old 06-30-2017, 07:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
So many work place shootings. American crisis for sure.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:42 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
What frustrates me most about these killers is their series of cowardly actions. They open fire, kill innocent people, and then turn around and kill themselves.

No one has the courage to face their accusers and to face the consequences of their incredibly heinous actions.

And while many may argue that this is good that these people take their own lives, I think it's an act of pure selfishness... And these events only seem to be more of the norm, rather than the exception.
It's pure selfishness because he obviously intended to kill himself, but he wanted to take a few people out at the same time. If he wanted them to know why he killed himself, why not just go to the hospital and shoot himself in front of witnesses? It's still a selfish act, but at least not a murderous one.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:51 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,287 times
There was a causing of it.

Wonder what it was.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Fair enough man; though it must be a very well kept secret then; because going by social media, not just CD, but other sites too, I read a lot of posts that basically state at the slightest hint of conflict, it will be resolved by use of a gun. That or many flat out state that they have or will get one for their safety. This guy today, if all he had was his fists, do you REALLY think he even does anything at all??

I never understood the pleasure of shooting guns, but whatever-we have gun clubs here, and DW owns a shotgun from her days of living in the outback.

I do understand carrying for protection, as obviously america is so violent that it's almost a requirement there. But many here ask me why it seems as if Americans settle everything with guns, and I'm not really sure how to answer. I left america for good in 2013, so I'm not really an expert on warped American culture. Protection is one thing, but obviously incidents like this one today, are basically a daily thing.
What I do know is I really don't have much respect for a culture that worships violence, starts stupid wars-(with rich old white dudes sending young men and women off to die and to kill people that pose no threat to them, while slashing as many benefits to those same men and women as possible to pad their own net worth); or people that think walking around in 24/7 armed paranoia is some kind of badge of honor, or that it somehow makes them "tougher" than others.
It doesn't require a ton of courage and guts to go pull a trigger on unarmed people, does it? That's why I used that word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies