U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2017, 01:16 AM
 
Location: Japan
10,606 posts, read 4,382,590 times
Reputation: 6804

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I agree - - paths to citizenship will help this country.
... become more like Latin America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2017, 02:01 AM
 
1,949 posts, read 1,204,894 times
Reputation: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Maybe Europeans who are being displaced by middle eastern immigrants will be willing to come here.
Why would Europeans move to a dump like the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 04:37 AM
 
736 posts, read 253,490 times
Reputation: 383
Germany, Japan, South Korea, China, United States, Russia, and other countries including Mexico are having low birth rates. In the next decade the loss of man power will be felt by every major economy. I suspect the coming two decades in the global market will be an employee instead of an employer market for skill workers. Importing migrants like German has won't work. Most migrants will be poorly educated with no skills, effectively unskilled immigrants. The problem is modern economies don't require as many unskilled workers like in the past due to automation. The smaller pool of unskilled workers will be self correct with the less need for unskilled workers. However, skilled jobs generally can't be replaced by automation. That is the problem. The majority of skill and educated workers come from the countries that seeing a decline in birthrate, which is why I suspect there will be a skill workers shortage in the coming two decades.

Germany tried importing migrants to offset their low birthrates. The problem is the majority of Middle Eastern immigrants are unskilled, uneducated, and unskilled. In order to turn these immigrants into productive members will require teaching them German and provide financial support for several years. I don't know if this will work. Right now Germany has the majority of the migrants they took in from the Middle East as unemployed. The same is true in every other country in Europe that took in large portions of asylum seekers from the middle east.

The future is unpredictable. Decade predictions usually are not very accurate, but we can make good predictions for short number of years into the future.

Not all immigrants are as easily accept into countries based on skin color. For example, I doubt it any East Asian country will ever allow massive migration of dark color skin people who are unskilled, uneducated, and poor. This probably true for white countries. Then there is the problem of culture difference.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 07-01-2017 at 04:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,110,215 times
Reputation: 11618
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... become more like Latin America.
Why do you care so much about the US? You threw this country away a long time ago. What's it to you anymore? And for somebody who seems to care a lot about white demographics, you flushed your white genes down the toilet and there ain't no getting it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Japan
10,606 posts, read 4,382,590 times
Reputation: 6804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Japan's a "brown" country if talking skin color. Even tho some Japanese people might still be pasty white, most ain't. But Japan def "functions" well.
You're... a little confused. Japan is a "yellow" country, with a very small fraction, less than 1%, of "brown" and "white" people living in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 06:54 AM
 
29,627 posts, read 16,368,994 times
Reputation: 13746
If future generations are lucky,fewer people will translate into fewer politicians, fewer bureaucrats, fewer guv employees, fewer wefare cases, fewer soldiers....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,186 posts, read 14,970,102 times
Reputation: 18249
Considering the joblessness and homelessness, this sounds like good news. Also, the declining availability of natural resources like water in so many areas.

We don't need to import a welfare class for darn sure and this is another reason to remove the illegal aliens that cost more than they contribute. More than $113 billion tax dollars saved and jobs available by removing illegal aliens.

Both illegal aliens and legal immigrants cost us public tax dollars which we have fewer and fewer of: Welfare Use by Legal and Illegal Immigrant Households | Center for Immigration Studies Also, bringing in a refugee cost $65,000 per refugee, tax money we really can't afford to spend with less people paying taxes.

If better jobs return to the US, the tax base will increase.

No reason to replace citizens with people that will simply be dead weight for our citizens to carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 07:01 AM
 
29,627 posts, read 16,368,994 times
Reputation: 13746
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Considering the joblessness and homelessness, this sounds like good news. Also, the declining availability of natural resources like water in so many areas.

We don't need to import a welfare class for darn sure and this is another reason to remove the illegal aliens that cost more than they contribute. More than $113 billion tax dollars saved and jobs available by removing illegal aliens.

Both illegal aliens and legal immigrants cost us public tax dollars which we have fewer and fewer of: Welfare Use by Legal and Illegal Immigrant Households | Center for Immigration Studies Also, bringing in a refugee cost $65,000 per refugee, tax money we really can't afford to spend with less people paying taxes.

If better jobs return to the US, the tax base will increase.

No reason to replace citizens with people that will simply be dead weight for our citizens to carry.
Why do you see the gov taking more money from more individuals (i.e. increasing the tax base) as a good thing?
You think yours will go down (lol)? you think the guv does good things withh all that loot (lol)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 08:42 AM
 
36,596 posts, read 16,008,101 times
Reputation: 8309
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
This Baby Bust has implications on schooling, taxes, etc. Another reason to have more immigration.

All-Time Low Birth Rate Has Some Fearing 'National Emergency'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.abde7f30758b

What America
" Another reason to have more immigration."

OK, whatever you say. wink-wink!

I was told to pacify the deranged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Bronx
16,110 posts, read 18,605,434 times
Reputation: 8132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You might want to add schools, teachers, and anything else associated with raising kids as well.


Can well remember it wasn't *that* long ago schools both private and public were closing in NYC due to lack of enrollment (no kids). This and hospitals were scaling back or closing their maternity wards.


Fast forward to 2017 our schools are bursting and so are the maternity wards. The latter must be taken with the fact there are far fewer hospitals overall in NYC than twenty years ago.
NYC has some of the highest out of wedlock rates in the country. Its the reason why our population is still up. Not because of immigration, or gentrification of out of town white people who can not find jobs in middle white America with a degree in fine arts and that stumbled upon Brooklyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top