Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgendered individuals be able to serve in United States of America's military?
Yes 101 52.33%
No 92 47.67%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 04:10 AM

1,289 posts, read 937,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, by your logic, someone who was born as male cannot claim to be a female since they are not qualified as a medical professional to make such a claim..is that what your saying?
Nope, not saying that. That's not my logic, it's yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
The military turned my uncle Charles away during WW2 for a skin ailment and flat feet.I want the best for our troops as in butter & bullets not balls $ t i t s !

Old 07-27-2017, 05:21 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no doubt most of them are good people who just want to serve.

But once you open this door (allowing them to openly serve as a transgender folk), military is obligated to pay for every treatment comes with it. You can't deny some people choose to go through that transaction while serving in the military. If this is what they choose to do , then they are not compatible with the military.

It is not as simple as you think it is.
Do you have a problem with the military paying for postsecondary education, home loans, traveling, etc.?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes. Why would you think it doesn't?

Not that we have had a draft in almost 45 years. The military leadership does not want one again, politicians do not want one again. If we ever get a draft again things will be truly desperate, as in you'll be digging out old Uncle Joe's squirrel gun while saying prayers that you can figure out how to load it. No one will care about anything other than I hope the Earth, let alone my country, can survive this. Getting hormones will be a moot point.
Awesome! I don't have to worry about my kids being drafted or even being able to sign up for the military with this rule.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
All right, if we are talking about the superior "fulfilling their duty"....are they fulfilling their duty by being able to lead their troops, do their troops believe in them? When things are cold and miserable, will they believe what their leader tells them, do what they are told to do, or will they want to give up, go home ANYWHERE to a comfortable bed? Will they continue to fight or will a surrender seem like a better option to them? What motivates them to go on?

The troops need to believe in their leaders. Their leaders need to be able to motivate them to do what has to be done. Will an 18-19 year old follow if their leader seems confused (from their viewpoint) about what they are?

Leave the other nations out of it. This is the US, this is our politics, this is our society. It is not another country, it is here, it is now, and the US goes where other countries don't. This is not "that country".
The people I know in the military say yes, transgenders, gays, lesbians and queers can and do fulfill their duties and many are leaders.

Some of you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Our military is not an entitlement program . People are denied entry and get discharged often, for many reasons.
And whoever said differently???

Old 07-27-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
OK, for the cognitive impaired people which is half the forum....this is actually a sign of Trump acting presidential. (ironic yes, and not surprising to see considering I view him and politicians in general to be used car salesmen.)

You take a poll issue and align with it.

Same reason Obama opposed gay marriage in 2008 but came around to it by 2012.

The fact that some fools think this is even R or D is hillarious. It's not.

Basic pandering to a wedge poll issue. Politics 101.
I don't think equal rights should be up to majority vote.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um, one little problem (for you), It is NOT unconstitutional. Show me where in the Constitution that it says the US armed forces is required to let anyone serve for any reason. You have no clue what you are talking about. Worry about your own ignorance instead of worrying about Trump and the courts.

WHO is saying that anyone should be allowed to serve for any reason?

Its about being treated EQUALLY under the law!!!

Old 07-27-2017, 05:46 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do you have a problem with the military paying for postsecondary education, home loans, traveling, etc.?
To go into the services is to serve our country and pay the extreme price if necessary. It is voluntary so they get some perks to make up some of the pay gap game you libs luv to play to make it more attractive....I see no sex change exchange in that contract...if you want to change your sex get a savings account ! To go volunteer then expect me to pay for your sex change because you are confused is a mental and physical ailment thus making you unfit for service.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
To go into the services is to serve our country and pay the extreme price if necessary. It is voluntary so they get some perks to make up some of the pay gap game you libs luv to play to make it more attractive....I see no sex change exchange in that contract...if you want to change your sex get a savings account ! To go volunteer then expect me to pay for your sex change because you are confused is a mental and physical ailment thus making you unfit for service.
So you are okay with people joining for every other fringe benefit and not really to serve one's country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies