Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgendered individuals be able to serve in United States of America's military?
Yes 101 52.33%
No 92 47.67%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:22 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I provided evidence, you just didn't like it. I suspect you didn't think I would provide anything at all, so you had to undermine its relevance. I happen to take one of the world's premiere mental health organizations seriously when they state outright that it isn't a mental illness, contrary to what you claimed. You can go ahead and cling to whatever backwards thinking you want, but my position was backed. Don't worry, I get it. It's hard to admit you were wrong.
Alrighty then. You aren't willing to admit that you are making claims that science has yet to determine and I'm not willing to continue this meaningless volley with a complete tool. An impasse it shall be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 06:23 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think people are denying it can be done.

Don't ask don't tell, yes, it can be done.

Openly serving will create a lot of potential problems for the military. If they need therapy in order to function while serving in the military, they need to be processed out (medical retirement.)
But why or how would it create problems? I'm genuinely curious. This isn't even something that I imagine would come up more than once.

Soldier A: "Are you transgender?"
Soldier B: "yes"

The end.

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Thanks for admitting that transgender people can serve in the military effectively. It's nice to finally get someone to say as much after all this back and forth.
Lol - I said so in a couple different posts pages and pages ago. Did you miss my comment about those that have come out in the open since Ash Carter's directive have been put in an unfair position? You don't seem to understand my objection, it really and truly is strictly about military readiness - period. An individual person's rights are subservient to military readiness. Military service is not about the service member's rights, its about their responsibilities and obligations. Individual rights get turned in at the recruiter's door.

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Amazing that liberals think tht trying to
Normalize gender dysphoria is a winning strategy
You can't normalize or refuse to normalize something that just IS.

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I served 34 years in the Army. I’m transgender. President Trump is wrong. The most important thing in the military is getting the job done. Gender identity has nothing to do with it.

Sheri Swokowski is a retired Army colonel who served as the human resources director for the Wisconsin National Guard and the Rocky Mountain region of the U.S. Forest Service.

I personally think if someone is getting the job done, who cares about the rest. What do you all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The opinion of this 34 year veteran outweighs the opinions of just about everybody in America. Mine included.
Quote:
I agree. It's obviously possible. It's too bad our President disagrees with people who have served for decades.
Thank you, guys. You're pretty all right.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:25 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
But why or how would it create problems? I'm genuinely curious. This isn't even something that I imagine would come up more than once.

Soldier A: "Are you transgender?"
Soldier B: "yes"

The end.
I've explained it already.

Once you open this door (allowing them to openly serve as a transgender folk), military is obligated to pay for every treatment comes with it. You can't deny some people choose to go through that transition while serving in the military. If this is what they choose to do , then they are not compatible with the military.

Medical readiness.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-26-2017 at 07:14 PM..

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Alrighty then. You aren't willing to admit that you are making claims that science has yet to determine and I'm not willing to continue this meaningless volley with a complete tool. An impasse it shall be.
So the APA is lying, is what you're saying?

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no doubt most of them are good people who just want to serve.

But once you open this door (allowing them to openly serve as a transgender folk), military is obligated to pay for every treatment comes with it. You can't deny some people choose to go through that transaction while serving in the military. If this is what they choose to do , then they are not compatible with the military.

It is not as simple as you think it is.
Are we going to go down the rabbit hole of what Healthcare the military should pay for for its soldiers? If so, what are your thoughts on covering erectile dysfunction? Pentagon spends 10 times more on erectile disfunction meds than transgender services

Do you find this coverage to be a wise use of military funds (taxpayer money)?

What you're advocating feels like a very slippery slope.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:27 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Lol - I said so in a couple different posts pages and pages ago. Did you miss my comment about those that have come out in the open since Ash Carter's directive have been put in an unfair position? You don't seem to understand my objection, it really and truly is strictly about military readiness - period.
Has the military actually said that readiness has been affected by the small number of soldiers going through transition? The number posted here was less than 150 per year. 150 people. Is the US military so pathetic that it can't handle readiness without 150 soldiers? If so, we have much bigger problems.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:27 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
You can't be an effective killing machine if your dick can't stand at attention. Apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies