Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Very Sad - not sure why they had to shoot a 7 stone kid with a pen, who sounds as if he was suffering from mental health problems. This would not have happened in most other countries.
Once you threaten the lives of others, I don't care if you're a 7 year old who's going through a tantrum. I'm putting in as many rounds necessary to stop you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 06:29 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Once you threaten the lives of others, I don't care if you're a 7 year old who's going through a tantrum. I'm putting in as many rounds necessary to stop you.
I really don't believe those officers lives were in danger from some slightly built young man armed with a pen and with possible mental health problems.

I am afarid we are going to have to differ on our opinions here, just as laws relating to the use of deadly force differ in different parts of the world.

Below is an interesting article in relation to the subject.

Why do American cops kill so many compared to European cops?

Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And for Blue Lives Matter.

A guy here in Texas shot two cops yesterday, killed one and the other is fighting for his life, but the shooter was white, so *crickets*.
It only took four posts for the "white man" shooting comparison. It wasn't a white man who shot the suspect.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:29 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Another cop in a Dem controlled state killing someone.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 AM

477 posts, read 276,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Maybe they have a population that when told to cease and desist, they do.
I agree; it's not hard to comply but Americans have quite the ego problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Perhaps people should look at the actions of the person who was shot rather than the fact he was a small Asian kid with a pen. In the article it says that the kid refused to obey the officer's orders. Le had been chasing the homeowner's friend. Le approached the homeowner. When the homeowner fired a warning shot because it looked like the kid was carrying a stabbing weapon, Le ignored him then stabbed at the door. When the cops came, he refused to follow the officer's orders. They shot him after tasers didn't work. He didn't get shot because he wasn't white; he got shot because he didn't obey the officer's orders.
Cops aren't mental health experts. They're not psychic. They're not invincible. You put down a threat today and you don't have to worry about it hurting anyone else tomorrow.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
It's about the validity of the threat and the ability of that person to carry out the threat and the harm they might be capable of.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
I agree; it's not hard to comply but Americans have quite the ego problem.
Lemmings comply. Tyrants force compliance when there is no need or no threat. I never consent to a search and I don't give my name out to law enforcement just because they want to know. We fought a Revolutionary War of garbage like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Cops aren't mental health experts. They're not psychic. They're not invincible. You put down a threat today and you don't have to worry about it hurting anyone else tomorrow.
The only reason to take anothers life is to protect property or the life of another. A 100 pound kid with a pen. It's a shame someone didn't shoot that piece of filth cop.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
This cat on PCP required ten CPD officers to bring him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtG3Xhb_h7U
lol He didn't weigh 130 pounds and 10 cops weren't needed to take him down. That's just a way for dirty cops to get their cheap shots in.

In the vid the woman cop gets tossed down because like most women they are not physically capable of taking on a combatant and they get their hair pulled.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
It only took four posts for the "white man" shooting comparison. It wasn't a white man who shot the suspect.
doesn't matter. any opportunity to whine about white people will be used to the max by this poster.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol He didn't weigh 130 pounds and 10 cops weren't needed to take him down. That's just a way for dirty cops to get their cheap shots in.

And you know they don't need that many cops how?

Quote:
In the vid the woman cop gets tossed down because like most women they are not physically capable of taking on a combatant and they get their hair pulled.
Regardless, they still needed that many cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies