Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 03:56 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,146,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbbyJuice View Post
I don't get it, for all intents and purposes homeless white Americans are far superior to illegal Mexicans as job candidates:

a) they don't have any "immigration" issues or problems to worry about, no constantly looking over their shoulder
b) as American citizens, they automatically qualify for most government assistance programs
c) most have at least graduated high school
d) valid SSN, tax ID number, etc are a given
e) they "blend in" culturally
f) they speak fluent English

And yet they are homeless??
You ignore the fact that they are alcoholics and drug users or have serious metal issues (or both), which is 30 reasons right there not to hire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 05:49 PM

21,455 posts, read 10,555,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I can totally relate. I was basically disowned at 17 because I refused to get a boob job (which my mother said I needed if I was to ever be "marriageable").

I survived and managed to graduate from college without any debt, but I can't say I remember much of what I studied in college because I was too wrapped up with juggling several jobs and in hurrying up and graduating. Good thing my degree is irrelevant to my job now, ha.

Glad you succeeded too, and that you're doing better for your kids!
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your parents. To be fair to my mom, she raised us by herself with no help from anyone, and her boyfriend she had when I was in high school refused to marry her while I was still living there. She couldn't wait for me to go to college, then I quit school at 19 and came home, which really threw a wrench in her home life. All could have been avoided if I had stayed in college, but I was a fool then. I wasn't interested in going to college in the first place, but my mom pushed me to for obvious reasons.

I'm glad you did well for yourself and stayed natural lol. I can't believe your mom thought that was so important. Funny what gets in people's heads. You sound like you had enough confidence in yourself to appreciate what you had. A mother should be happy about that.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I can totally relate. I was basically disowned at 17 because I refused to get a boob job (which my mother said I needed if I was to ever be "marriageable").

I survived and managed to graduate from college without any debt, but I can't say I remember much of what I studied in college because I was too wrapped up with juggling several jobs and in hurrying up and graduating. Good thing my degree is irrelevant to my job now, ha.

Glad you succeeded too, and that you're doing better for your kids!
What?! Your "mom" got on your case over your boobs? Hun; it ain't the size of the "girls" that counts if talking about meeting up with decent dudes, it's the "thing" between the ears that DOES count. I def prefer ladies with big "racks" but, if she's NOT a decent person, forget it.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Great point! I think our culture is changing a bit on that front. I couldn't imagine kicking my kids out on the street if they were in need, and yet that's exactly what happened to me at 19. My mother's husband kicked me out of the house, and she let him.

I will say it was probably a good wake up call for me though. I found I could support myself, and I am not dependent on anyone. I didn't do anything wrong to deserve it though. It was just because he hated me. He was like one of those lions that comes into a pride and kills all the mother's babies.
Your mom's husband sounds more like a real pssy than a lion.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Your mom's husband sounds more like a real pssy than a lion.
True!

Old 07-01-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
What?! Your "mom" got on your case over your boobs? Hun; it ain't the size of the "girls" that counts if talking about meeting up with decent dudes, it's the "thing" between the ears that DOES count. I def prefer ladies with big "racks" but, if she's NOT a decent person, forget it.
Big racks are nice when you're young, but you learn to appreciate the small ones as you get older.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:12 PM

29,776 posts, read 24,865,598 times
Not all homeless Americans are willing to work a low paying job. Some are homeless by choice.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:20 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,886,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Mental issues are the largest factor in homelessness. We as a nation chose not to support those that are homeless and they flock to the streets and cities.

No permanent address is one of the biggest factors when not hiring
All this is a factor but there is a huge difference in work ethic and productivity also. Rural Mexicans are raised to have a strong work ethic and to take care of their families for the most part homeless Americans cannot compete.

In addition many homeless have serious substance abuse issues. Quite a few Americans who aren't homeless can't even pass a pre-employment drug screen.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
All this is a factor but there is a huge difference in work ethic and productivity also. Rural Mexicans are raised to have a strong work ethic and to take care of their families for the most part homeless Americans cannot compete.

In addition many homeless have serious substance abuse issues. Quite a few Americans who aren't homeless can't even pass a pre-employment drug screen.
If talking many Mexicans IN Mexico: many of those people DO have big problems which could make their kind homeless in the US so, they stay home instead of being here illegally or even legally.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,130,354 times
Quote:
I'm happily married to a man who would agree. He has a preference for my body type anyway, so win win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies