Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 12:54 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Public opinion has shifted significantly since 2008. Back then, a majority of Americans still did not support gay marriage. That is no longer the case. You still have evangelicals who are strongly opposed to it and will do everything they can to roll back progress, but most Americans have moved on.
Yes, but crazy evangelicals currently control much of the government, particularly at state levels. That's why you have recent news from places like Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 12:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You think a bunch of liberals voted that way? There are plenty of conservatives in California, just like in every state. 2008 was als o a lifetime ago on this issue.
2008 was not that long ago. You are blaming conservatives in 32 states for not wanting gay marriage? Please. Again I still don't give a damn who you sleep with.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:57 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Trump punches back and the liberals cant stand it...MAGA
This video has been retweeted 170,000 times. That's more than any of Trump's other tweets I've seen.

Looks like some people are getting the message.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:58 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Let's face it, the latest tweet is what appeals to the Jerry Springer crowd. This is why Drumpf is so low in the polls, most people get turned off by his low brow tactics.

It's probably best to ignore the Dufus and chief, since he is obviously incompetent at his role and focus on what the Republican congress is trying to ram down the throats of the Distracted American population.

Why do you speak so despairingly of the Jerry Springer crowd?

Who watches Jerry Springer?

Quote:
If, by and large, daytime audiences are getting older, there is also some evidence to suggest that they are becoming more downwardly mobile as well. As far back as 2001, research firm Frank N. Magid Associates reported that 40% of the daytime viewers make less than $20,000 a year, and 85% don’t have a college degree. In September of last year, Pew Research published the following findings: “Regular viewers of daytime talk shows are less educated than the public as a whole. Among this group, just 19% have four year degrees, 26% have attended some college and 54% have a high school diploma or less education.” That same survey also reported: “Daytime talk show watchers stand out as the least well off regular audience. About half (51%) have family incomes of less than $30,000, while three-in-ten have $30,000-$74,999 incomes. Just 12% have incomes of $75,000 or more.”
Democrats pushing Jerry Springer to run for Ohio governor: Report

Old 07-02-2017, 12:58 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
No, he tweeted a comical video on CNN, the fake news network.......if you can't take the joke then you are the problem.
They stay permanently outraged and deranged about Trump. This is why the defend the Fake News Blog called CNN tooth & nail.

Red Pills for Everyone.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I have no intention of withholding the truth simply because it may cost my side a political win. There are more important things at stake here. Basic human decency should not be sacrificed at the altar just because you're petty enough to think that winning at all costs is a worthy goal. I'd say shame on you, but I've long given up on the idea that any of you are capable of feeling such a complex emotion. You guys strike me as the type who'd really enjoy a show featuring nothing but clips of people getting hit in the nuts, which, let's be honest, is not all that different from "professional" wrestling.
Your post brings up a very important point about Trump, his Administration, our current government but most importantly, his followers.

Confucius put it perfectly in 531 BC.

The Master said, “ If you Lead them by means of regulations, fear and keep order among
them through punishments, then the people, will,evade them and will lack any sense of shame.

Lead them through moral virtue and keep order among them through compassionate governance and the government will have a sense of shame and will correct themselves.”

That's Trump in a nutshell. He has taken shame and moral virtue off the table of America and now it's become open season on the American Democratic system.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
2008 was not that long ago. You are blaming conservatives in 32 states for not wanting gay marriage? Please. Again I still don't give a damn who you sleep with.
2008 was a long time ago when looking at the overall acceptance of gay marriage. And yes, I am blaming conservatives, considering they were, BY FAR, responsible for putting those issues on the ballot and voting for them. To argue otherwise is completely lying.

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Funny old old video edited to be used by POTUS.
Left cam simulate executing POTUS on stage etc, cause apparently its art.
Get over it lefties. Your liberal days are numbered.

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

That's Trump in a nutshell. He has taken shame and moral virtue off the table of America and now it's become open season on the American Democratic system.
By having a humorous wrestling match with an animation?

You need to read this.

REDPILL: President Trump’s ‘Mika Bleeding’ Tweet Was Masterfully Designed to Distract Media From Travel Ban & Kate’s Law

Old 07-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Your post brings up a very important point about Trump, his Administration and our current government.

Confucius put it perfectly in 531 BC.

The Master said, “ If you Lead them by means of regulations, fear and keep order among
them through punishments, then the people, will,evade them and will lack any sense of shame.

Lead them through moral virtue and keep order among them through compassionate governance and the government will have a sense of shame and will correct themselves.”

Even a few years ago, I would've thought that our current situation couldn't happen. I thought, admittedly very naively, that America was better than this. I've never been more wrong about anything, and won't be again making the mistake of overestimating the virtue and moral compass of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies