Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 08:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 945,036 times

Advertisements

The rise of Donald Trump--and Bernie Sanders. The fall of Bill and Hillary Clinton's machine (**it could be resurrected in 2020 or 2024**). Bitter economic, political, social, and sexual divisions. 9/11 and it's aftermath. The post-Cold War 1991-era. Black Lives Matter. Barack Obama and his presidency, and some colossal mistakes.

What the hell happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 08:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
The rise of Donald Trump--and Bernie Sanders. The fall of Bill and Hillary Clinton's machine (**it could be resurrected in 2020 or 2024**). Bitter economic, political, social, and sexual divisions. 9/11 and it's aftermath. The post-Cold War 1991-era. Black Lives Matter. Barack Obama and his presidency, and some colossal mistakes.

What the hell happened?
Damn Good Question.
The answer is not simple and if I had the time or inclination I would give you my Opinion in-depth, sorry. We as a People and as Citizens are responsible for ourselves and actions or non-actions, we are doing a miserable job, and as such have no one to blame but ourselves. Hey I am as guilty as the next, we are not yet motivated enough, wait for the other shoe to fall, we shall see.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:49 PM

21,040 posts, read 19,515,046 times
Politics and social activism draw from extremists, agitators, and generally insane individuals who do not value their privacy and anonymity. So those are the candidates we get to choose from.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:50 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,082,572 times
Good question. Fingers can be pointed at all sides.

I can't remember when America has been this divided. So much hate, anger, and refusal to compromise.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:16 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,323,828 times
Quote:

What the hell happened?
I think it can be over-simplified into one word: Corruption.

Not just the government, but the general public as well. Morally bankrupt. I don't mean that from a religious point of view, just in general.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:17 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,852,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I can't remember when America has been this divided. So much hate, anger, and refusal to compromise.
Well, at least we evolved from Congressmen punching each other. This ain't the first time politics became a hot topic in this nation'a history. I believe these things are cyclical

Old 07-01-2017, 09:18 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,790,017 times
Too many people not minding their own damn business. And social media.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,207,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I hear and read about allot of hatred in the media, My wife tells me stories that she has read on Social Media about various types of hatred. And from that standpoint I agree this country seems very divided.

On the other hand, where I work for a Very Large Bank, when it come to working together with different people of different nationalities[SIZE=3], di[/SIZE]fferent religions. We seem to manage to work together with out killing one another.

We even seem to be able to work together with people from all over the world to fix a problem.

Most likely this is the case more in Corporate America.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,730,862 times
When you live in a "society" that "functions" only by the immoral aggression and belligerence of a thug government imposing its will upon the individual, what could anyone possibly expect?

"Our" entire "society" is nothing but thugs and tyrants imposing their personal will upon their neighbors with government aggression, how do you think the "citizen/subjects" under this dark sinister shadow evolve?

The "citizen/subjects" simply reflect the foundation of their "society". If the foundation is that it is just to use aggression, violence, duress, involuntary slavery as a means of "achieving" all things, what can that "society" actual produce other than psychopaths, thugs, and tyrants?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,827,150 times
Quote:

What the hell happened?

Trump won the Republican nomination, and at that point we jumped off the slippery slope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies