U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:17 AM

6,349 posts, read 4,148,381 times

Advertisements

If anything we should name Dan Rather the "Father of Fake news".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:24 AM

5,399 posts, read 1,529,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN TWEET.

I don't know why you have trouble seeing that.
Did you criticize previous Presidents for watching sport on television?
Did you criticize previous Presidents for eating dinner for a minute longer than you deemed necessary?
Did you criticize previous Presidents for walking slow instead of fast?
I felt that Obama walked a little too slow at times.
Again, this is the same as tweeting, its like 20 seconds....
And BTW most of Trump's tweets are regarding political events, policy and political opinion, anyway.
For him to deviate and tweet something about a tv personality is no different to Obama looking at the NBA scores....

Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM

14,107 posts, read 9,006,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Did you criticize previous Presidents for eating dinner for a minute longer than you deemed necessary?
And BTW most of Trump's tweets are regarding political events, policy and political opinion, anyway.
For him to deviate and tweet something about a tv personality is no different to Obama looking at the NBA scores....

I bet your arm is tired from all the reaching you do.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM

35,122 posts, read 19,208,373 times
Default Relax...

Quote:

Lots of us LOVE the effects of tRump's childish irrational tweets.

And this week, he talks to his boss.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:38 AM

21,410 posts, read 14,296,716 times
Let's be clear about Rather: He used a faked source that was not vetted properly about George W. Bush. I would bet money it was planted by a GOP operative at the behest of Karl Rove. Once the fake source was exposed the story was killed and instead became about Rather, but the facts were still true: George W. Bush ducked service in Vietnam by joining the National Guard, not showing up for service and having his C.O. write up a paper relieving him from service because of his powerful daddy.

Rather is a fantastic journalist who was martyred by Karl Rove and his gang of tricksters. And yes, they have a long history of this, Rove used dirty tricks since the 1970's (Watch "Bush's Brain" for more info on Rove)

Old 07-02-2017, 10:44 AM

12,264 posts, read 9,423,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Rather is a fantastic journalist who was martyred by Karl Rove and his gang of tricksters.
Martyred, wow! You folks are all-in on the conspiracy crazies.

Dan Rather blew up his own career...the jackass did it all to himself. Guys like Rather have massive egos, they can't be content being well known journalists. They all need to be Woodward or Bernstein, they need to be famous. They need to go down in history. They need to take out a president or presidential candidate and they don't care how they do it. "Fantastic journalists" don't get suckered and humiliated the way Rather did. Dan Rather is a joke.

Dan Rather is a perfect example for all the insanity in the MSM right now. Everyone is throwing away their credibility to promote a lie created by Democrats.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:49 AM

29,819 posts, read 16,513,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
OP, many of us remember Dan Rather very well. He disgraced himself and blew up his career in an attempt to nuke the candidacy of GWB with an astonishing fake news story. Dan Rather lecturing us about lying is like Kim Jong Un lecturing us about human rights.
You condemn Rather's so-called 'lies" and you defend Trump's lies.

Nothing new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I know! Pretty soon Trump will be impeached! How's that going for you?

I know! Maybe Trump will be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize, like 0bama!
Don't hold your breath.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 12 days ago)

58,082 posts, read 40,870,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Clearly OP does not know that Dan Rather was fired for making up a false story on then President GW Bush in 2004.

Dan Rather Lectures Media On 'Lying.' Yes, Really. | Daily Wire

Brian Williams, the female reporter from Rolling Stone....too many others to name. We should put trust in these guys as honest reporters?

We should put the country in the hands of a lying putz who claimed to have seen "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City? We should putz the country in the hands of a narcissistic putz who has so little respect for the veterans of his generation that he compared his 'struggles' to avoid getting the clap with their service in Vietnam?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:15 AM

30,839 posts, read 31,685,910 times
Quote:
I think this thread is incredibly foolish.
I mean does the OP realize that one tweet takes like 20 seconds?
Do you complain about a President using time to eat breakfast, lunch and tea?
What about using the toilet?
What about brushing his teeth?
What about talking to his son or daughter?
The fact that Trump tweets is not the problem....The problem is what he tweets....

Old 07-02-2017, 04:04 PM

37,964 posts, read 14,800,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Let's be clear about Rather: He used a faked source that was not vetted properly about George W. Bush. I would bet money it was planted by a GOP operative at the behest of Karl Rove. Once the fake source was exposed the story was killed and instead became about Rather, but the facts were still true: George W. Bush ducked service in Vietnam by joining the National Guard, not showing up for service and having his C.O. write up a paper relieving him from service because of his powerful daddy.

Rather is a fantastic journalist who was martyred by Karl Rove and his gang of tricksters. And yes, they have a long history of this, Rove used dirty tricks since the 1970's (Watch "Bush's Brain" for more info on Rove)
Karl Rove, Lee Attwater, ... Republicans have a long line of "tricksters" if that's what you want to call them.

Bush Jr. ducked Vietnam by joining the National Guard and then didn't even do much of that.

This was a set-up to smear Rather and they're still working at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies