Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,589,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That "decorum" has stood for years because it's basically harmful for the United States and our Foreign Policy for American Leadership/Past Leadership to go abroad and say Nasty things about current Leadership.

Carter didn't do until GW and he began to get a bit senile. Far Leftists have always run down the US & it's leadership because they really don't like this country.

You are correct - we have never had a President like Obama, one who openly defied Court Orders and the Constitution, a President who had no respect for Law & Order. It's no surprise that Obama, Clinton, Holder, Lynch are all on board with "la Resistance" and happy to run down the USA and it's Leadership at any opportunity .... it's what they really think about the USA and the American people.

I spent years on forums in other Nations, particularly the Mid-East. I wasn't a Bush fan, but I always believed he loved the USA and was a Patriot - I never made excuses for Bush in Foreign Forums and could direct the conversations into more productive channels.

When Obama was elected - I quit. I was too afraid I might say something about his policy and I personally considered it both Un-Patriotic & possibly harmful to do so on a Foreign Forum. I quit because I'm a Patriot - it's very harmful to run down the USA on Foreign soil if you have a large audience as I did and as Obama does.
Very well said. Obama, as well as Hillary forgot the #1 rule of Politics, Never, ever attack the Military, police, or the voters. Hillary and Barak did all 3. Thats why most Americans despise them.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:22 PM

16,366 posts, read 8,461,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am starting to really like Obama. On this I agree with him.
There are plenty of people to do it, so the ex-president does not need to degrade himself and the office he held by engaging in such behavior.
Obama likened himself as one of the best presidents, thus he must not think very much of the ones who came before him and did not engage in such behavior.

There are things I do not care for or understand why Trump does them. However, I am just Joe Q, not the former president.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
But the problem is..WE ARE seeing and hearing from Obozo. That moron is in a foreign country, talking crap about us.
So just close your ears like you do every time Trump spits out a whopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who?

Who is Obama?

Was he President of something?
Yeah. You know - that guy you claim you voted for.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:55 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,085,525 times
Quote:
I thought it was an unwritten rule that former Presidents dont trash current Presidents. .
We you okay when the current president questioned the birth certificate of the former president when he was still in office?

Trump is classless.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:09 PM

51,608 posts, read 25,642,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trump is a WHINER
He said we'd get tired of all the whining.

Well, I am.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times
Obama is a citizen and that means he has the right to have his say. I may not and more often than not disagree with Obama. He still has a right to freedom of speech.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:
Obama warns Americans about too much patriotism - on July 4th weekend! - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

I thought it was an unwritten rule that former Presidents dont trash current Presidents. When Bush left office, he did not utter a word about Obama for years. Of course it seems Obama could not do the same courtesy for Trump. I dont care if you think Trump deserves it or not, It is classless and rude.
I still can't find that statement that Obama said "Americans be warned about patriotism"...I'm trying but I can't see it no matter how hard I look.

You wouldn't be sensationalizing and editorializing and selling it as news and fact would you....nah.....

Old 07-02-2017, 07:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,152,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Obama is a citizen and that means he has the right to have his say. I may not and more often than not disagree with Obama. He still has a right to freedom of speech.
C'mon. That doesn't apply to all Americans, equally.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:40 PM

4,971 posts, read 7,340,178 times
Obama's favorability is continuing to climb since Trump took office. Recent Gallup poll has Obama favorability at 63%. Trump approval rating at 37%. "Fake poll" yeah right, whatever you say. Obama on his worst day is better than Trump on his best day.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:26 PM

31,933 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Obama warns Americans about too much patriotism - on July 4th weekend! - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

I thought it was an unwritten rule that former Presidents dont trash current Presidents. When Bush left office, he did not utter a word about Obama for years. Of course it seems Obama could not do the same courtesy for Trump. I dont care if you think Trump deserves it or not, It is classless and rude.
Honestly, it's classless and rude for a standing president to trash the people of this great country just because they call him out and say negative things about him. The president works for us and he has to answer to us. So everyone in this country has a right to say what they want since he represents our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies