U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2017, 02:18 AM
 
50,511 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Reputation: 15787

Advertisements

Because he just took office an hour ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2017, 03:08 AM
 
15,386 posts, read 5,205,963 times
Reputation: 5907
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Since Trump and the GOP have been in total control of the government earlier this year, the unemployment rate has managed to steadily decline with each passing month.

However, all we have been hearing about is Russia this and Russia that. Why does the MSM continue to ignore Trump's economic prowess and fail to admit that the Republicans are responsible for a historic 16-year low in the unemployment rate thanks to the efforts by the Trump Administration?

Ask the people at Carrier about Low unemployment and Trump.



https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0e3c9b88e544
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 05:03 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,719 posts, read 11,205,600 times
Reputation: 6146
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Trump one month into office says suddenly the economy is doing great.
It's not. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Based on the same stats he panned during obamas tenure. Comment on that.
You're all over the place. The economy isn't doing well as it hasn't recovered. How could it when we're still worse off than before the crash. Obama is a liar and did a horrible job. It's not doing better now that trump is in office but it is still a bit early in his administration. My comment was on the horrible obama did and you deflected from that and made it about trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
How did the source of stats suddenly change from unreliable to reliable.
No ones saying it's changed but you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What is vapid is not my post but trumps logic.
Your post said nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,971 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Reputation: 10457
Quote:
Why is no one giving Trump credit for the LOW unemployment rate?
Because very few jobs have been added since he took office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 AM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 1 day ago)
 
10,504 posts, read 6,199,370 times
Reputation: 7232
If one desires to give credit to Donald JOHN Trump for the current excellent unemployment rate, then perhaps said person or persons will also assign blame to him for the steady slide of the dollar against other currencies since January:

Dollar snaps slide but performance largely dismal for the first half of year - MarketWatch

Dollar falls after May jobs data disappoints; euro hits 9-month high - MarketWatch

Of course, having a weakened dollar can be good, for it becomes more expensive for us (in the US of A) to purchase goods from overseas, but it also means that the goods we produce can be more readily sold overseas, hence good for our employment rate. Conversely, a strong dollar means that goods overseas are more affordable for us to buy (think: computers, smart phones, or any electronics of your choosing), yet manufacturers may move operations overseas to take advantage, which means loss of jobs.

https://www.thebalance.com/strong-do...s-best-3141203

I believe that President Trump had said that on 'day one' he would designate China as a 'currency manipulator' (which concerns the strength of our dollar). Of course, he changed his mind, saying 'why should I', since we needed China (so he said) to reign in North Korea.

Yet, the other day he noted that China had been no help whatsoever, but he gave the Chinese a cheery 'thanks for trying!', which statement was rather confusing in some ways. What did China try, but fail, to do?

Since China failed to 'reign in' North Korea, does that mean President Trump will go ahead and designate them a currency manipulator? Or was all of this simply a sham, meaning he never had any intention of designing China a currency manipulator, and 'thanks for all the trademarks' that China approved for him and daughter?

Rather confusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,671 posts, read 33,671,635 times
Reputation: 51856
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Since Trump and the GOP have been in total control of the government earlier this year, the unemployment rate has managed to steadily decline with each passing month.

However, all we have been hearing about is Russia this and Russia that. Why does the MSM continue to ignore Trump's economic prowess and fail to admit that the Republicans are responsible for a historic 16-year low in the unemployment rate thanks to the efforts by the Trump Administration?
The divas in the media are too busy talking about themselves. On cable TV and in the press, they should have their business channels and business reporters cover the President and assign them to the White House and demote the princesses covering him now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:29 AM
 
18,843 posts, read 7,328,222 times
Reputation: 8064
Unemployment has been dropping since the GOP took Congress back in 2010, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 14,040,910 times
Reputation: 5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Since Trump and the GOP have been in total control of the government earlier this year, the unemployment rate has managed to steadily decline with each passing month.

However, all we have been hearing about is Russia this and Russia that. Why does the MSM continue to ignore Trump's economic prowess and fail to admit that the Republicans are responsible for a historic 16-year low in the unemployment rate thanks to the efforts by the Trump Administration?
Why, because they have done nothing to improve it and because it has been steadily decline for years now. Neither Trump nor the GOP have anything that improves the job market and the reality is the market is still way down, and nothing at this time shows that it will be improving much in the near future. Companies are still not investing heavily in R&D, manufacturing and are not hiring large numbers of workers, in fact many retail businesses and even medical facilities are cutting back and closing businesses. So the reality is that no matter who claims the job market is improving, be they Dems, Repubs, or Trumlings, they really are not. Sadly due to the fact that trump is making enemies of our trade and military partners the odds are more businesses will be closing and even few jobs will become available, I would even go to suggest that in the not too distant future another Recession is on the horizon, the last thing our economy needs. The stock market is going strong enough, but that is a false indicator on how when our economy is actually doing and as we all know the market can drop or even crash literally overnight. So be careful putting too many of your eggs into that basket unless you are very savvy or your broker is because while one can make some good money buying and trading, but never forget you have not actually made anything, or lost it, until you sell.
Sorry, but the news is not as good as you seem to think it is, but knowing the truth is always preferable to living in a fantasy world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:53 AM
 
2,981 posts, read 1,214,459 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Since Trump and the GOP have been in total control of the government earlier this year, the unemployment rate has managed to steadily decline with each passing month.

However, all we have been hearing about is Russia this and Russia that. Why does the MSM continue to ignore Trump's economic prowess and fail to admit that the Republicans are responsible for a historic 16-year low in the unemployment rate thanks to the efforts by the Trump Administration?
I like most of Trump's policies and believe they will be good for the economy but the unemployment rate has been steadily declining for a long time now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top