Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I hope he is successful. But, I’m a realist and it’s not looking very good so far.
Hmmm. I don't want him to be successful at things that I disagree with such as ripping healthcare away from 22 million people. I don't want him to be successful at providing ever more tax cuts to the rich.

I would like him to be successful at Infrastructure. I would like him to be successful at defeating ISIS but dropping a few bombs in Raqqa ain't gonna do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Liberals worst nightmare: a successful Donald Trump presidency

If that's the only sleep interruption they need fear, I predict they're gonna be very well rested.
Sleeping like a baby here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I hope he is successful.
Same here. I hate Donald Trump, I think he's an idiot. But ultimately I love my country more than I dislike Trump, so I hope he succeeds because that means we all succeed.

Most of the diehard Trumpers are so blinded by rage and hatred that they're 100% convinced that every democrat wants to see Trump fail.

Many of the hypocritical Trump supporters are so convinced that all democrats want Trump to fail, as if all of they weren't hoping for Obama to fail over the last 8 years. Hypocrites.

The fact that Obama was able to end two wars, bring our economy out of a recession, and kill Bin Laden must really sting for some people.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:56 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
"Liberals worst nightmare: a successful Donald Trump presidency"

Then Trump is my dream come true.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...office-twitter

I like the British rags. They seem to have a better reflection on American politics than our MSM without the obvious bias.

Despite all the efforts of the left things are getting done and people are being helped like the vet mentioned in this story. If the MSM is just reporting the news like the left keeps saying how come you don't see stories like this one? It is real news. Veterans are being helped by Trump's act, which was a campaign promise. Obviously because the MSM has an agenda that colors what news they want to report.
You missed few 'rag' articles.

"...If Trump tries a ‘sneak’ visit to Britain, he’ll see how much he is despised..."

"...America under Trump has gone from being a world leader to an object of derision. In the aftermath of Trump’s withdrawal of the US from the Paris accord, a large sign was hung over Rome’s city hall: “The Planet First.” Likewise, France’s new president, Emmanuel Macron, poked fun at Trump’s campaign slogan, declaring: “Make Our Planet Great Again...”

“We know Trump is now scared to come to the UK on the state visit which Theresa May foolishly offered him, because he will face one of the largest protests in history...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...od-for-america

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ency-tarnished

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ll-sources-say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-wrestlemania

Old 07-03-2017, 10:06 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
Trump will be a 'successful' president when he accomplishes the big things he has promised to do and so far that is not the case.

Repealing and replacing the ACA has been a failure.
Stopping N. Korea's nuclear development has been a failure.s, who may p
Building a wall to block Mexican illegal immigration is a failure.
Bringing jobs back to the U.S. mining and manufacturing sector hasn't happened.
Renegotiating NAFTA hasn't happened at all.
More infrastructure spending hasn't even gotten to Congress yet.
Tax code reform looks like a pipe dream.

It's an interesting article, I like the Guardian, and God knows, no one is against helping veterans.
But the Trump administration is a long way from being successful, even on its own terms. The best success Trump
can claim is a Supreme Court Justice and some cabinet members who will push conservative policies.

I don't think Trump will be successful on his own terms get what he wants unless he stops acting like a petulant teenager with and uncensored twitter account. And I don't see any signs that's happening any time soon.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:10 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Of course Trump's only mirroring exactly what the left, and their puppet media are doing everyday.
In other words, he's NOT a leader, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I said in another thread, the libs simply aren't capable of understanding.

The libs call for violent uprising and assassination attempts, it is justifiable, Trump calls attention to their appalling behavior, he's the one guilty of "inciting".

Liberalism, a mental disease.

CN

How'd ya feel about Trump hosting someone at the White House who said Obama should suck the barrel of his machine gun? Or is your feigned outrage and disdain for violence purely partisan?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:14 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You are lying and you know it. You would never hope he is successful. You are one of his most outspoken haters here.

No, no, no, I am one of his most outspoken haters on here ! And proud of it.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
If Trump is successful in dismantling the Federal government, starting with State Dept., EPA, Education, health care, ... turning everything but defense and currency issues over to the states, states' rights and all, got to wonder if that would be a liberal's worst nightmare or dream come true.

Naturally, if the government is primarily involved in fighting wars, they will need to make the case that the current wars are worth paying for. Or else bring the troops home. Let the military have a chance to rebuild and prepare for the next war while Congress decides on a reasonable military/war budget.

Add that in with the cost of National Parks, Smithsonian, and so forth and it still would be way under current budget.

Everybody gets a substantial federal tax cut.

Then, the states that want to increase their taxes to cover things like health care for everyone, therapy for their children with disabilities, assisted living for the elders, Food Stamps ... Anyway, those states can tax themselves to pay for what they want.

Only problem is what to do with the less fortunate in the states with no safety net.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think this is a fair article. Not too unbalanced on one side or the other.

Good find.
If the American MSM did balanced stories like this they would garner support from both the left and right. I don't want rah rah pro Trump spin like Obama got from the MSM most of the time. Just the facts the good ones and bad ones and let their readers and viewers decide what it all means.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:03 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Trump meets Indian partners, despite vow to separate from business | TheHill

I wonder if these are the same Indians the Guardian talked about?

I don't think there's a person that is concerned about the success of our country that wants to see a president fail. If there are Liberals that want to see Trump go down based on anything less then the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, then shame on you. I have serious doubts whether Trump has the best interest of our country at heart. I have a very low opinion of some of his cabinet picks and his many conflicts of interest. If he does wind up doing a great job, all the better.

Opinion pieces are just that. Opinions. Show me the money honey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies