Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 05:06 PM

1,078 posts, read 929,202 times

Advertisements

I'm no big fan of Trump, but it seems to me that there is criticism, and there is wild eyed frothing at the mouth insanity. The former is fine, but that's not actually what's going on day to day.

By focusing on the tweets and not policy, the media delegitimizes themselves far more than him. The public has a finite amount of energy to devote to outrage before it becomes exhausting, and the fatigue is definitely setting in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,069,929 times
It's funny that the usual suspects just uncritically repeat the mantra: media bad, Trump good.

Trump is thin skinned. In a way, I can't blame him. When you're in that kind of spot light, you'd eventually start to lose it. All the same, the president needs to be able to rough it. A moment of weakness where he makes some nonsensical, immature tweet is forgivable. But when these moments happen every day, it's clearly a problem.

Seth Macfarlane was the roast master of the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump. Macfarlane said Trump took the punches like a champ and was a very good sport. He said what I just said; that the constant exposure wore him down.

I genuinely don't think Trump is a bad guy. I just don't think this job is good for him or us.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,714,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know, Trump's friend Howard Stern begged Trump not to be President. He advised that Trump is very thin skinned and just wants to be loved and admired by all.

Obviously, President is NOT the job for that.

Hence, the unhinged tweets and tantrums by Trump. Perhaps a good anti-depressant would allow him to focus on actually doing his job.
Trump himself said in an interview he'd be a terrible president. Wow, he was actually right about something.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,124,356 times
Are you somehow under the impression that the president is not allowed to defend himself against unjustified "critique"?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 785,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Simple as that. Some people can't handle criticism, and being in the public eye you're going to get a **** ton of it. But some are just too weak willed to deal with it.
That is a thread topic? Please, come up with something better and more substantial. Please.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,894,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's funny that the usual suspects just uncritically repeat the mantra: media bad, Trump good.

Trump is thin skinned. In a way, I can't blame him. When you're in that kind of spot light, you'd eventually start to lose it. All the same, the president needs to be able to rough it. A moment of weakness where he makes some nonsensical, immature tweet is forgivable. But when these moments happen every day, it's clearly a problem.

Seth Macfarlane was the roast master of the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump. Macfarlane said Trump took the punches like a champ and was a very good sport. He said what I just said; that the constant exposure wore him down.

I genuinely don't think Trump is a bad guy. I just don't think this job is good for him or us.
I don't see this as a 'thin skin' issue. Anyone can have thin skin, but only a bully responds by hitting back 10 times harder. Clearly he and his wife have never learned how to use their words, rather than their fists, when faced with conflict.

"As the first lady has stated publicly in the past, when her husband gets attacked, he will punch back 10 times harder," her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, said in a statement."

Melania Trump defends husband Donald over astonishing attack on US television presenter Mika Brzezinski

Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,998,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Are you somehow under the impression that the president is not allowed to defend himself against unjustified "critique"?
No, but we were under the impression, at least before this president, that a president should behave like an adult and handle criticism like an adult. And this president is capable of neither.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:30 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,894,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
There's nothing "unjustified" in pointing out that Trump posts fake news at his golf resorts. It's a fact. He should have expected that someone would discover that he is the author of fake news, and that he would be criticized for it. He could have removed the fake news before it made the news, but he chose to keep the fake news and punch back 10 times harder when confronted with it.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,124,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
This is quite possibly the most hilarious thing I've read in the past 3 months.
If you thought that was funny ...

Hillary Clinton has a 98.1% chance of winning the presidency

Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The media CNN & MSNBC melts down on the air everyday. I have yet to see Trump cry.
Maybe they shouldn't be in media if they can handle the truth or report it.
And Trump has been having a continuous meltdown on twitter, in speeches to graduates, in front of the CIA's memorial wall, since the day he took office (we'll limit our time range to when he's actually president - in reality he's been having a continuous public meltdown for years).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies