Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:59 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,401,907 times

Advertisements

As I saw that humiliated woman stand by his side, I could only think of the Soprano episode where Carmela had had enough of Tony's "indiscretions" to the point where they had embarrassed her and her kids to the breaking point. Even she kicked her mafia-boss husband out!

While The Sopranos is a TV-show....the humiliation and disgrace are very real. Why do these political wives do it??? Even Hillary...who, if she had left her husband, I would have the respect to vote for her in a NY-minute. Are these political wives and families just like mob-boss wives and families? In other words, do they sign-up knowing what the rules and responsibilities are to being a political (and mob-boss) wife?

I just think whether it's tomorrow or the next day or whenever, when she has to wake up Eliot the morning after he resigns, what her feelings will be. She'll have an unemployed husband, who has publicly disgraced her, and a social calendar of her own good-deed agendas and meetings, wiped completely clean and off the slate. Not to even mention those poor Spitzer kids. I say hang him by the balls!

Why do these women publicly stick by them????

Last edited by jfkIII; 03-11-2008 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 AM

18 posts, read 21,370 times
Because they've been married over 20 years....
Because maybe she had just 2-3 hours to be dealt the news before the story broke publically....
Because they have three children and have alot of coping to do as a family...
Because being married to a politician is a career in itself...

It doesn't mean that she will stay with him. Even as you could see from the press conference footage... even as ahe stood there,next to him, she wasn't really with him.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 AM

So why do it...why stand there next to him?????

Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM

432 posts, read 1,874,057 times
Probably because this is something that has happened her family. And likely she has not made a decision about what continues to happen to her family.

She probably has maybe a day or less to deal with what has happened. He knew all along. And there's all the political folks surrounding them who know just what to do and tell everyone what to do, how to react, what to say, etc.

Think of all the bling he could have bought for that woman, instead of wasting thousands of dollars on a hooker, and now legal fees. And he knew better.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 PM

155 posts, read 847,495 times
Default Eliot's Confession to Silda-Limp Bizkit Style

Eliot: Hon, we have to talk, ya better sit down..
Silda: What, what is it?
Eliot: I did it all for the nookie
Silda: C'mon
Eliot: The nookie
Eliot: The nookie

Eliot:Hey, what the hell, whatcha want me to say, I wont lie that I cant deny...I did it all for the nookie

Slida:And I'm just a sucker with a lump in my throat, hey like a chump, should I be feeling bad?
Eliot: No
Silda:Should I be feeling good?
Eliot: No
Silda: It's kinda sad I'm the laughingstock of the neighborhood. You'd think I'd be moving on. But I'm a sucker like I said, Moderator cut: inappropriate up in the head.
Eliot: I did it all for the nookie. Now please grab your coat, so we can give the press a cookie....

Last edited by bellafinzi; 03-13-2008 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 02:27 PM

All I know....if it were my wife, she would have pulled out a baseball bat from behind the curtain and cracked it over my head as I was reading those words!

And then when he put his hand on her lower back to guide her off the podium! My wife would have turned around on live, national TV and would have made it clear, and in no uncertain terms, to keep my f@&^ing hands off her!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,623,293 times
Just following Hillary's example!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,070,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
All I know....if it were my wife, she would have pulled out a baseball bat from behind the curtain and cracked it over my head as I was reading those words!

And then when he put his hand on her lower back to guide her off the podium! My wife would have turned around on live, national TV and would have made it clear, and in no uncertain terms, to keep my f@&^ing hands off her!
Exactly...my husband knows if he wants to stray, tell me first so I may keep my dignity...Silda was a women of her own making and she resigned from it to be the good wife and mother.....my guess is, she will try to keep it on track initially but the fact that her husbands infildelity will be smeared all over the news in naughty little detail will tear at her and the marriage will falter...with her law background, I'm sure the prenup is sweet.....

And yes, if I was her and spits put his arm around me?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,970,225 times
This woman has had only about four days at most to digest this information. I am sure she is turned inside out.
Give her a break.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:04 PM

52 posts, read 245,893 times
Considering Spitzer's reputation as a fiercely stubborn one-sided individual, I would doubt if this took Silda by complete surprise. Remember, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. Regardless, she hasn't had much time to digest the fact that this went public. It's the children that I truly feel for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies