Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
nevertheless, Chelsea of all people should know better than to criticize a President, knowing of her own fathers proclivities, regardless of how long ago it happened
Let me get this straight: you think that because Bill Clinton disgraced himself (but did not endanger national or international security ) with an extremely stupid, self-indulgent affair, therefore his daughter should never deign to criticize or express her opinion about any later president, just because of what her father foolishly did when she was about fifteen?

Something which involved her not at all, other than to make her young life a lot more difficult than it needed to be? Something in which she was entirely innocent, and could perhaps be termed a secondary victim?

That because of these things, therefore the now-adult Chelsea Clinton should forever lose her Constitutional right to speak freely about current events, political affairs, other Presidents and political leaders???

While we're at it, what about the Nixon girls? Should they join Chelsea Clinton in self-abasement? After all, their father was more disgraced than hers.

Do you think this policy should apply to all American citizens, or just Chelsea Clinton (and maybe Tricia and Julie)? Do you really believe the sins of the fathers are visited upon the otherwise innocent children, to the point that those same innocent children should also be punished for their parents' wrong-doings?

Or maybe Chelsea could just meekly decide to live in purdah for the rest of her days, to atone for her father's wrongdoing. Would that satisfy you?

BTW, I am distantly related to Jesse and Frank James. Maybe I ought to be in jail because of that, or at least promise never to enter a bank...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM

487 posts, read 544,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Chelsea Clinton was a young teenager when her father disgraced himself - why do you think she should bear responsibility for his behavior then? Or at any time, for that matter? She is responsible for herself, no one else. Not her glass house.

Do you feel responsible for things your own parents did when you were say, 15? Do you think your parents' actions when you were a kid should keep you from ever commenting on topics of concern to you? If so, why do you comment here??

If so, I'd say counseling would be a very good idea.
She is an adult now and is very much aware of what they did in the past and their recent shadiness, ie, the e-mail scandal and the famous tarmac meeting, Clinton Foundation dealings, etc..........I am not saying she is responsible for their actions, however, she should not be so quick to be tweeting anti-Trump sarcasm. Is he perfect, no (either are you are me), however, he is our President. He heard what the people had to say during the campaign, not her mom..........that is one of the reasons he got elected.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:55 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
huh???

started her career at a consulting firm McKinsey and Company, because of her name...at 120k salary, unheard of for a fresh college graduate

moved next to the hedge fund of billionaire Clinton confidante Marc Lasry. Lasry bundled nearly a million for Obama and was nominated to be the ambassador to France, but withdrew his name from consideration after his ties to an alleged Russian mobster emerged. He has contributed more than $460,000 to Democratic candidates and party organs since the 1990s.........again because of her name

speaking of hedge funds:

moved next to, special correspondent at NBC News ...again because of her name..and an unheard of 600k salary

left there to work/schlep at the Clinton Foundation

and then as a campaign supporter for her mother

In the fall of 2011, Bill, Hillary, Chelsea, and Marc were in Little Rock for the dedication of the Bill Clinton Presidential Park Bridge.

As all four were about to step before the cameras, Chelsea told her husband that he had to wait behind, telling him "you’re not a Clinton."

Former associates of Chelsea say she carries herself "with the sort of entitlement only a former first child could" and is referred to behind her back as "the royal child."

yet
Chelsea Clinton, $10M Apartment, $3M Wedding, $600K Job, yet tweets " I Just Don't Care About Money"

so please inform me how exactly that is "make a successful career on her own"
She graduated from Stamford and immediately went to Oxford to get her master's degree before the McKinsey gig. If you don't think $120K is standard at McKinsey or similar consulting firms for an Oxford grad then you're mistaken.

Has her name helped her? Absolutely. But anyone with an undergrad from Stamford, both a master's and PhD from Oxford, and an MPH from Columbia wouldn't exactly be struggling.

Do you have similar criticisms of Donald Trump? After all, he only go to where he is because of his father.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:55 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
She is an adult now and is very much aware of what they did in the past and their recent shadiness, ie, the e-mail scandal and the famous tarmac meeting, Clinton Foundation dealings, etc..........I am not saying she is responsible for their actions, however, she should not be so quick to be tweeting anti-Trump sarcasm. Is he perfect, no (either are you are me), however, he is our President. He heard what the people had to say during the campaign, not her mom..........that is one of the reasons he got elected.
So, isn't this sort of like the old "your mother wears combat boots" insult??

Again, should I never darken the door of a bank, because I am a fifteenth or so cousin to Jesse James? Wherer does such foolishness end?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:57 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's because she is. Chelsea is as brilliant as the Obamas. She graduated from Stanford, and has Master's degrees from Oxford and Columbia and a PhD from Oxford. Like Michelle Obama, she made a successful career on her own and didn't depend on a husband to pay her way. The Trumps aren't worthy to clean the dirt off her Jimmy Choos. I think the jealousy is on their side, not the Clintons.
You're joking, right?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:57 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They want to take freedom of speech away from all of us who don't kiss Trump's butt on a daily basis.
You can do it bi-weekly!

Old 07-05-2017, 02:00 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How many advanced degrees do you have?
How many boards do you sit on, charitable or otherwise?
How many books have you written and had published?
When was the last time anyone invited you to give an address to an organization?
None of those prove her brilliance. Every example is strictly because she's the spawn of Clinton.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:50 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
She graduated from Stamford and immediately went to Oxford to get her master's degree before the McKinsey gig. If you don't think $120K is standard at McKinsey or similar consulting firms for an Oxford grad then you're mistaken.

Has her name helped her? Absolutely. But anyone with an undergrad from Stamford, both a master's and PhD from Oxford, and an MPH from Columbia wouldn't exactly be struggling.

Do you have similar criticisms of Donald Trump? After all, he only go to where he is because of his father.
Quote:
She graduated from Stamford and immediately went to Oxford to get her master's degree
Quite a lofty education...i wonder if she got into those ultra ivy league colleges on her own, or did the Clinton family name get her ushered in without hesitation?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Quite a lofty education...i wonder if she got into those ultra ivy league colleges on her own, or did the Clinton family name get her ushered in without hesitation?
She made something of herself, unlike you & all of us nobodies on this forum.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:05 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Smart parents tend to raise their kids with similar values and have smart kids. Bill Clinton certainly didn't use his name to be a Rhodes Scholar - he was a less than nobody at the time. Hillary Clinton's background was more middle class, but she certainly didn't have the name power to earn her academic accomplishments. Neither did either of the Obamas. Are their children helped by their names? Certainly, but I'd guess good genes and a reverence for learning (not to mention huge resources toward education) helped a bit with that.

I ask you again, and I quote, "Do you have similar criticisms of Donald Trump? After all, he only go to where he is because of his father." The same could be extended to Trump's kids who are riding on the backs of their wealthy father AND grandfather, and yet who are lauded by many of the same people who criticize Chelsea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies