Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:15 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Wow, they sure spent a lot of money flying in all those "top Doctors and Medical Experts from across the globe."

Seems to me they could let the baby get some experimental treatment in the U.S. that they don't even have to pay for.

The only reason to object is because "Trump is for it".

I love all the "compassion" being shown by the anti-Trumps.

They'll let a kid die just to make Trump "wrong".
Experimental treatment!! It is a terminally ill baby boy not a lab rat! This unfortunate child has a rare incurable disease and cannot see, hear, utter a sound, swallow and can only breath because a machine is breathing for him, his brain is dying bit by bit, are you suggesting Trump knows better than the Dr's? The decision made IN COURT is not a decision made lightly you can bet on that, the poor parents of this boy are (obviously) blind to his suffering, at least they have an excuse to be. I don't blame Trump for his comments, in fact I feel sure they were made with the best of intentions but the reality is that doing anything other than letting this poor child die peacefully is cruel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 08:16 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Wow! A Tweet from Trump offering to help a British baby. I'm so impressed. I'm especially impressed considering he wants to cut Medicaid funding to US citizens and leave the poor uninsured and without healthcare or options. MAGA!
Talk about cherry picking. He wants to cut medicaid to welfare bums who fake a disability and call it a career.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:18 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Experimental treatment!! It is a terminally ill baby boy not a lab rat! This unfortunate child has a rare incurable disease and cannot see, hear, utter a sound, swallow and can only breath because a machine is breathing for him, his brain is dying bit by bit, are you suggesting Trump knows better than the Dr's? The decision made IN COURT is not a decision made lightly you can bet on that, the poor parents of this boy are (obviously) blind to his suffering, at least they have an excuse to be. I don't blame Trump for his comments, in fact I feel sure they were made with the best of intentions but the reality is that doing anything other than letting this poor child die peacefully is cruel.
That's not what the parents want though.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That's not what the parents want though.
The parents are blinded by grief, that is obvious to anybody, what we DON'T want is for a poor small baby boy to suffer and that is exactly what will happen, experimental treatment bloody hell it sounds like something Josef Mengele would suggest for the Jews in Aushwitz, the people that have come to this decision are experts and just because they are not from the USA doesn't make them any less of an expert. Keeping this poor boy alive is cruel and THAT is why the courts have come to their decision.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:28 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Whilst I have every respect for Michio Hirano, a New York neurologist at Columbia University Medical Center experimenting with a new medication, deoxynucleotide monophosphate, that significantly extended the life of mice with mutated genes, and have every respect for the John Hopkins Children's Center in Baltimore where the experimental treatment is currently being carried out, and I hope they can help find a cure in the future for this dreadful condition.

Michio Hirano, MD | Neurology

Johns Hopkins Children's Center | Baltimore

However in this case the baby has irreversible brain damage and such a poor quality of life that you have to ask yourself is such treatment appriopriate, especially if the child is in pain.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-04-2017 at 08:46 AM..

Old 07-04-2017, 08:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haven't seen one thing about it on the broadcast USA MSM. They are loath to cover it.

Certainly didn't get the coverage that Trump's CNN WWE tweet got.
Obviously you are not watching the MSM, then.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:32 AM

8,493 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A president that actually cares.

President Trump offers to help terminally ill 10-month-old UK baby Charlie Gard

No offers of help from the "caring" left though. So much for the Clinton foundation.

Very funny. You cite one instance where he cares yet conveniently omit that he has little care for the tens of millions of Americans that would no longer have health coverage because of his plan.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
....I'm especially impressed considering he wants to cut Medicaid funding to US citizens and leave the poor uninsured and without healthcare or options. MAGA!
Can you provide us information specifically where he has said this?

Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're a doctor?
No, but she sure is bitter, hateful and unhinged.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:37 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Wow! A Tweet from Trump offering to help a British baby. I'm so impressed. I'm especially impressed considering he wants to cut Medicaid funding to US citizens and leave the poor uninsured and without healthcare or options. MAGA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can you provide us information specifically where he has said this?
The Trump budget, for one. It bloated the war machine even more and cut SS and Medicaid.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe.../#20f7c7ec9b75
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies