Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If you can find a link, I'd be interested to read it.

Trump allowed Black homeless woman to live in Trump Tower for 8 years, rent free

Of course the fake media has tried to discredit the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 09:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What? The east side of St Paul was a really nice place not long ago. 30 years or so.
What has this got to do with it? Can you prove that having multiple kids makes you a 'bad mum'? Is there something scientific behind your claims? I know mothers of 'multiple children' that love all their kids more than anything, I also know mothers of 1 child that couldn't give a damn about them, I'm not sure how many kids a woman gives birth to has an affect on their ability in motherhood?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:20 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The left has to be silent on this. Because it highlights the death panel aspect of government managed care.
Private insurers refuse insurance all the time, and private hospitals often request life support be shut off.

The issue is emotion gets in the way (understandably). The grieving parents aren't in a perspective to see this big picture. Keeping him on life supports is selfish as it merely prolongs his suffering. The likelihood that the child can be treated is abysmally small, and the hospital knows this, which is why they went to the courts to request his life support be shut off. So he can be allowed to die, which is inevitable at this point.

Since you're a fan of being obviously slanted, it's places the individual's life above the desires of anyone else.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:21 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The left has to be silent on this. Because it highlights the death panel aspect of government managed care.
The British offers universal health care to their citizens. America could only hope to offer something as good. I'm not holding my breath that the Republicans will deliver. The child is terminal. It is very sad, but there is nothing more to do for him.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Trump allowed Black homeless woman to live in Trump Tower for 8 years, rent free

Of course the fake media has tried to discredit the story.
From your link.
Quote:
Donald Trump allegedly invited a homeless black woman to stay at Trump Tower after she was found squatting in the building. Although the story is still unconfirmed,
Also the womans name is not mentioned once.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haven't seen one thing about it on the broadcast USA MSM. They are loath to cover it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6uwjrZp0A

Old 07-04-2017, 09:55 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Talk about cherry picking. He wants to cut medicaid to welfare bums who fake a disability and call it a career.
Medicaid benefits the working poor (many Trump voters), children, and senior citizens in nursing homes as well, you know.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:48 AM

487 posts, read 544,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yes, I understand your point of view, and I sympathize. I think you meant $1800 or $200 per month though, right?

I have been helped by the Obamacare subsidies, but I do realize that higher income people are burdened with unaffordable premiums. I'm absolutely willing to pay more for my insurance (if it's even available going forward with Trump & company doing what they can to create uncertainty). But the current estimates from the Kaiser family foundation, based on CBO numbers show me paying something like 60% of my income for insurance that won't guarantee the same level of protection as an ACA plan.

We need to have some guaranteed level of basic care for everyone, and those who want to should be able to buy additional coverage. Like Medicare parts A & B, plus a Medigap or supplemental insurance policy. Anything less just screws over one group at the expense of the other.
Yes, I did make a mistake......it was $1,800 - $2,000 per month family coverage. We did this for 18 years but are now blessed with an employee sponsored plan for 428 per month. This has not made me stop caring for those middle class families without subsidies paying enormous premiums. I do appreciate your understanding as I see your view too. Please understand I have nothing against subsidies as long as people who are able are doing their part. And those that are not able bodied, should of course be helped.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:13 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
USA MSM is loath to cover it, but it's getting a lot of positive coverage in the UK.
CNN covered the story.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:24 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Private insurers refuse insurance all the time, and private hospitals often request life support be shut off.

The issue is emotion gets in the way (understandably). The grieving parents aren't in a perspective to see this big picture. Keeping him on life supports is selfish as it merely prolongs his suffering. The likelihood that the child can be treated is abysmally small, and the hospital knows this, which is why they went to the courts to request his life support be shut off. So he can be allowed to die, which is inevitable at this point.

Since you're a fan of being obviously slanted, it's places the individual's life above the desires of anyone else.
You can choose your private insurer. Or you can choose to not have a private insurer.

Yes - private hospitals request life support be shut off, like in this case... but other hospitals may not choose to cut off life support. We have what I think is the best medical center in the world right up the road from where I live. They would probably take the challenge on little Charlie.

What the government/courts did is determine that these people do not have the freedom of choice to pursue other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies