Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:21 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,472,025 times

Advertisements

Alot of chicken little over a nork missile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Snipped rambling
A well planned and organized deployment by sectors in a coordinated well time act, We could use Non-nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (NNEMP) weapons that can shut down many of their systems; coordinated with shutting down their electrical grid. while at the same time, disabling their Internet system.
Does ANYONE remember when we pissed off the Chinese when one of their satellites failed and was hurtling towards the earth at super/hypersonic speeds and we shot it down with a missile?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-bw8MdEaWPU

We already have the ability to knock out a nork icbm.

The one you really want to worry about is Russias SATAN2

But no... cry red Menace and do what you can to poke the bear to upset Russia...
One Satan2 carries enough warheads on board to wipe out the entire area of france/Texas. And it's completely stealth. That missile makes our trident look like a sidewinder...
I'm no Russian sympathist. I'd rather be a legitimate ally with a country who has the ability to obliterate thousands of miles with one weapon, who has modern weaponry to go combat ISIS together... but that's just me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
IIRC, after the Cold War there were a number of admissions that the USSR's capability wasn't as sophisticated as we believed it to be. Is the intel on this weapon considered 100% accurate?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:32 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,635,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Well, whatever Trump is doing, it is not working. He draws a line in the sand and NK sends up another missile just to show him how much they fear him.
And since Obama started the "line" nonsense in 2012, how well did that work during his 8 years in office? Trump has been in office less than 7 months and all the Trump bashing is acting as if he's been the POTUS for years.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,453,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Alot of chicken little over a nork missile...

Does ANYONE remember when we pissed off the Chinese when one of their satellites failed and was hurtling towards the earth at super/hypersonic speeds and we shot it down with a missile?

We already have the ability to knock out a nork icbm.

The one you really want to worry about is Russias SATAN2

But no... cry red Menace and do what you can to poke the bear to upset Russia...
One Satan2 carries enough warheads on board to wipe out the entire area of france/Texas. And it's completely stealth. That missile makes our trident look like a sidewinder...
I'm no Russian sympathist. I'd rather be a legitimate ally with a country who has the ability to obliterate thousands of miles with one weapon, who has modern weaponry to go combat ISIS together... but that's just me...
You were duped. That satellite was not Chinese. It was owned by the USA and was part of a planned conrolled test. An it is in no way indicative of the effort it would take to shoot down a nuclear warhead(s) in the re-entry phase.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And since Obama started the "line" nonsense in 2012, how well did that work during his 8 years in office? Trump has been in office less than 7 months and all the Trump bashing is acting as if he's been the POTUS for years.
In case you don't remember, the Obama bashing and vows by the GOP to obstruct his every move started before he was even inaugurated. Good, bad, or indifferent, both parties have conspired to make American politics a snipe-fest.

As much as I dislike like Trump and completely agree with Michael Bloomberg's assessment of him, had he run as an (I) I would have voted for him in the belief that he may just have had the recognition and access to enough $$$ to give both parties the smack-down they so richly deserve. As is I find him a huge disappointment and believe it may be a long time until someone else has a similar opportunity to change the system.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:52 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,635,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In case you don't remember, the Obama bashing and vows by the GOP to obstruct his every move started before he was even inaugurated. Good, bad, or indifferent, both parties have conspired to make American politics a snipe-fest.

As much as I dislike like Trump and completely agree with Michael Bloomberg's assessment of him, had he run as an (I) I would have voted for him in the belief that he may just have had the recognition and access to enough $$$ to give both parties the smack-down they so richly deserve. As is I find him a huge disappointment and believe it may be a long time until someone else has a similar opportunity..
In general people didn't vote for 'Trump', they voted for 'Not Hillary'. He's doing exactly as I expected him to do. He's acting as if it's a "Saturday Night Live" skit. He's scaring the living feces out of both sides of the aisle and it's well deserved. It's a joy to see the hill squirming.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In general people didn't vote for 'Trump', they voted for 'Not Hillary'. He's doing exactly as I expected him to do. He's acting as if it's a "Saturday Night Live" skit. He's scaring the living feces out of both sides of the aisle and it's well deserved. It's a joy to see the hill squirming.

Nothing but a cheap thrill if the entrenched two-party system survives. I honestly believe it a greater threat to the future of the country than any outside force.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,911,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A good start would be learning what they actually launched, I've heard conflicting reports, one of which claimed this was little more than what they've launched in the past. DO we really want/need another war based of what we 'think' may exist rather than what does?
That'd be a good start...

Old 07-04-2017, 10:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,721,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What would any of you do if president?
Golf?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:14 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,292,172 times
If I was president I would actually hire competent yes men as opposed to the ones he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies