Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 PM

37,083 posts, read 42,056,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why didn't she leave the baby unnamed until the child could tell her what her name is?
If you read the mom's full account this is still a distinct possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 03:44 AM

20,251 posts, read 19,824,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Some guy didn't care about her 'stache and hairy face.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baby-beco...090706538.html
Wow! That person really needs the services of a mental health professional.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,228,860 times
Welcome to Hillary's America. (This may not have happened in the U.S., but it's coming if the Left regain power).

Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,909,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Welcome to Hillary's America. (This may not have happened in the U.S., but it's coming if the Left regain power).
Where people are free to do what they want?

I don't share your high opinion of Hillary, or "the Left", but I find it odd that you seem to think that's a bad thing.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,409,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Mom is working the system.... and has "transitioned to the social assistance (welfare) stream."

https://koridoty.wordpress.com/2015/...to-be-capable/

"One year ago I left my non-profit job and secured myself a medical leave. I know that my experience of burnout was one of common occurrence in “the helping professions”

I navigated the help streams on the way to the PWD [persons with disability] designation that exists here in BC.
Finding a doctor and having her agree that my list of ailments would make me suitable for benefits was a first big step. Once I had that part figured out, I needed to ride out being on EI (employment insurance) before transitioning to the social assistance (welfare) stream. Being on social assistance is a necessary pre-cursor for being on PWD, and one that often works to discourage people from seeking PWD benefits, because the welfare benefits are extremely meager and nowhere near a living wage....

Much time passed between steps of the awkward dance that is government process. I found that as that time passed, I was internalizing the notion that I was, fundamentally, incapable. I was doing this because, on some level, it allowed me to believe I was deserving of the help I was asking for from the government. ...
I see Canada has it's share of system gamers as well.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:28 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,409,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Hoping that you're one of the few in this forum who can have a reasoned discussion:

Note: I'm not stating my stance on this issue

It's probable the parents' belief that not disclosing the child's gender more freely allows the child to "identify" and "sexualize" as it wishes. As it is free from labeling from others
Labeling from others? Even from nature? Calling someone by the ACTUAL gender they are isn't labeling, it's called being truthful.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,749,073 times
Ha! And anyone who believes that the baby's sex (Nouns have gender. People have sex) won't be noted as a matter of record has a strudel in his noodle.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:18 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,364,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
http://www.yahoo.com/news/baby-becom...090706538.html

I guess that liberals/democrats are gonna claim this is perfectly normal as well.
If their doctor can't tell the difference between a vagina and a penis-perhaps they should find another doctor.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,221,302 times
All nails hit squarely on the head:

Quote:
Doty’s lawyer, barbara findlay, who does not spell her name with capital letters, said British Columbia only issues birth certificates with a male or female gender designation.

I’m not making that up. It’s real. This is all real. Well, “real,” anyway. The “non-binary trans” person who identifies as two people hired a lawyer who has decreed that capital letters are a patriarchal conspiracy and must never defile her blessed name. God help us. For it’s clear that we cannot help ourselves.
Quote:
But the most important issue, again, is not what this delusional, narcissistic woman and her pretentious, asinine lawyer choose to do. The issue is that an innocent and helpless child is being sucked into this black hole of lunacy.
Quote:
We need to understand that this child is being actively deprived of something essential to health and survival. Not food or shelter, hopefully, but something even more fundamental: identity. A child needs to know who he is. Don’t tell me he’ll “choose.” Sex cannot be chosen. And, anyway, small children lack the knowledge, foresight, or wisdom to choose even the things that can be chosen.

Have you ever asked a 4 year old kid what he wants to do today? Or what he wants to eat? Or what show he wants to watch? Have you ever given a small child any kind of open ended choice at all? If you have, you know how it works. You sit there forever waiting for them to decide, until finally you just decide for them. I made the mistake of asking my son what he wanted for lunch a few days ago, and I watched him agonize over the question for several long minutes before finally settling on ice cream. Stupid me. Of course he’ll choose ice cream if I give him a choice. That’s why I shouldn’t have given him a choice. “No,” I said. “You’ll have peanut butter and jelly.”

“But I don’t want that,” he shouted.

“You’ll eat it,” I responded.

He did.
Quote:
In any case, here’s what I wish these hopelessly “progressive” parents could grasp: your children are not social experiments. They are not lab rats. They are not fashion statements. They are not mere anecdotes to be used in advancing your anti-science agenda. They are human beings and they have needs. A lot of needs. They need love. They need direction. They need guidance. They need clarity. If you will not give them these things, you are a danger to them. ......
Quote:

Stop hurting your children. Stop using and abusing them. Start being a parent, or give them to someone who will do the job.
Matt Walsh: Dear ‘progressive’ parents, your children are not social experiments. – TheBlaze

Old 07-12-2017, 03:01 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,130,210 times
Nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies