Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 09:57 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Walk with me on this one...

You've made anti-whatever group posts on social media over a course of time. Either because you're really that person or just for kicks.

You learn that one of your gifs has upset CNN and get wind that they are looking to locate you (and possibly out your true identity).

As a private citizen knowing your entire life can be turned upside down by Time Warner, one of the most powerful media giants in the world, you either

A. Preemptively apologize
B. Double down (which is what CNN does when they get caught in nefarious activity but hey, they're CNN)

So....

A or B?
I am not saying that he had no motivation to apologize. But he did so without ever talking with CNN (or perhaps FOX or MSNBC). Like I said. From what I have heard multiple news agencies were onto this. So what could CNN do ? They had to report since it was already a story. They did not divulge his name. In essense they quelched it as much they could for him.

But then the right wing agitators took over. They focus one legalese line in the story add the complete fabrication that it was a fifteen year old and start spreading their narrative. Such that the son of the PTOS spreads the lie. But none of that even bothers you. You were trolled and do not even know it.

As far as B) no. CNN has owned up to their mistakes. And when their employees make one they get fired. Now FOX News? lol. Hannity just a few weeks ago spread false news. He is still there.

Oh. And feel free to make some more snarky comments of how I do not understand the mysterious internet and things like forwarding and copy and paste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 10:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I am not saying that he had no motivation to apologize. But he did so without ever talking with CNN (or perhaps FOX or MSNBC). Like I said. From what I have heard multiple news agencies were onto this. So what could CNN do ? They had to report since it was already a story. They did not divulge his name. In essense they quelched it as much they could for him.

But then the right wing agitators took over. They focus one legalese line in the story add the complete fabrication that it was a fifteen year old and start spreading their narrative. Such that the son of the PTOS spreads the lie. But none of that even bothers you. You were trolled and do not even know it.

As far as B) no. CNN has owned up to their mistakes. And when their employees make one they get fired. Now FOX News? lol. Hannity just a few weeks ago spread false news. He is still there.

Oh. And feel free to make some more snarky comments of how I do not understand the mysterious internet and things like forwarding and copy and paste.
The problem is the "we reserve the right to change our minds" clause in CNN's statement.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The problem is the "we reserve the right to change our minds" clause in CNN's statement.
Yes. The one line I acknowledged that the right wants to focus on. One that is written more like a lawyer tan a journalist.

End of the day the apology and redaction came before he even talked to CNN so no one could say CNN threatened to doxx him. That would be clairvoyance. Why would CNN need to balckm ail him when he already apologized? They didn't.

So what about the 15 year old part? I you pissed off about that? DO you care who started it? Or is that just harmless hyperbole?

Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes. The one line I acknowledged that the right wants to focus on. One that is written more like a lawyer tan a journalist.

End of the day the apology and redaction came before he even talked to CNN so no one could say CNN threatened to doxx him. That would be clairvoyance. Why would CNN need to balckm ail him when he already apologized? They didn't.

So what about the 15 year old part? I you pissed off about that? DO you care who started it? Or is that just harmless hyperbole?
It's the threat of future action. It's an open threat that is infinite. That's pretty insane.

I don't even know who said he was 15. I have no clue if he is or not.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:34 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Why should this guy's name not be published? He made the video,he should own it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I saw what the kid did. He should own it if he's so proud of his genius discovery. Why should CNN conceal his true identity? It won't just be from the left that the kid will get crap from. I thought the right was against anti-Semitism too, or am I wrong?
I'm still waiting for you guys to own your replies by posting your full names for us. What are you waiting for?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:09 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Lol. "Thug media outlet?" You must scare easily.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:23 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
?? how would they know how trump got the meme. How does that make them idiots? where you expecting that they find out?
1) Do you not know how to click on a link?

2) Do you not understand how the internet works?

3) Do you not understand how Trump's social media guy works?

4) Do you even know what a 'meme' is and how fast they spread?

5) Did you know that there are websites like "Fark" who have been around for years and have photoshop contests all the time....which you could say they are the ones who started the whole 'meme' thing.

6) Did you know there are hundreds of sites dedicated SOLELY to memes?

7) Do you know how Google image search works? (or Bing, or any other search engine)

8) Do you know that people create memes for fun?

9) DOES IT REALLY FRICKEN MATTER WHERE THE HELL TRUMP'S GUY, OR EVEN TRUMP HIMSELF, GOT THE STUPID THING?

That does not negate the absolute butthurt that CNN is putting on, doxxing a guy who, it turns out, was the wrong fricken guy, threatening the guy that was, as it turned out, the wrong fricken guy, over his 1st Amendment Right?

Does it FRACKIN MATTER where it came from, or do you think just maybe that is CNN trying to distract simple minds from the fact that they broke the law? They are going full steam ahead like this is some catastrophic event. A MEME WAS CREATED ON THE INTERNET AND TRUMP THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY! ARMAGEDDON IS HERE!!1!11!! Zomg!

A useless pos "news" organization attacks someone over a flippin' MEME, and all you care about is whether or not CNN can figure out how Donald Trump found it?!

Are you flipping serious?

What is it with the people on the left on City Data? There's all kinds of lefties out on the internet who agree that this is serious BS, but not the City Data lefties. How is it that other lefties can see, admit this is not good, and join in on the fun of mocking CNN, but the City Data lefties act like someone just killed their mother?

There's like 2 sane lefties on City Data. The rest aren't even left, they're Communists.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:06 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They've been doing it for a long time. Remember what happened to "Joe the Umber"?
I hate it when I post without looking and it misspells words. Obviously I meant "Joe the Plumber."

Old 07-06-2017, 01:14 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Poor kid.

Anyone defending CNN, ask yourself how you'd have felt to have this happen to you at 15. C'mon now...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Poor kid.

Anyone defending CNN, ask yourself how you'd have felt to have this happen to you at 15. C'mon now...
If I was the creator of the gif I'd request a one-on-one with anchor Brooke Baldwin.

Oh yeah, I'd let her interview me too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies