Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 03:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wednesday afternoon, the DCCC sent out an email blast asking patrons to vote on a new slogan that would become a printed sticker. The slogans are, well, interesting.
“Resist & persist”
“She persisted. We resisted.”
“Democrats 2018. I mean, have you seen the other guys?”

“Make Congress blue again.”

The DCCC Just Sent Out a Bunch of

will it be enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 03:17 PM

20,107 posts, read 9,018,880 times
will never work, they've lost every election since Trump became President

Old 07-05-2017, 03:52 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I sure hope they can get themselves in order and field a decent candidate. Perhaps some policy messages? I can't see myself voting for Trump but I will happily vote for a third party if the Dems can't come up with anything other than "S/he's not Trump". Maybe I'll write in John Kasich.

This really is sad. They need to get themselves together.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If you add in the fact that some of the current bills being passed by Congress, the only ones up for re-election, will begin to impact the voters in some harsh ways, then yes the Dems do stand a chance to regain some seats. Never forget that nearly half of all voters did not bother last time, we shall see how many of those show up this time around. Still a long way to go before the next elections and much can change, this time there will be no ability to blame anything on the Dems, the GOP has the power and as such gets the praise or blame whichever is appropriate.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:00 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If you add in the fact that some of the current bills being passed by Congress, the only ones up for re-election, will begin to impact the voters in some harsh ways, then yes the Dems do stand a chance to regain some seats. Never forget that nearly half of all voters did not bother last time, we shall see how many of those show up this time around. Still a long way to go before the next elections and much can change, this time there will be no ability to blame anything on the Dems, the GOP has the power and as such gets the praise or blame whichever is appropriate.

they didn't vote despite the Hillary campaign constantly telling voters that Trump was the next Hitler? I guess that tactic really doesn't work

Old 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Am I the only one who read the article on this latest DNC & DCCC gambit?
This is NOT going to be well recieved.

It's filed under PLEASE STOP at the Daily Beast

That said - my vote is for the Hillary sticker. The Twitter response is a Hoot!

Old 07-05-2017, 04:03 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No. The Democrats need to raise new blood. Granted Trump and the Republicans may be increasingly unpopular, but that does translate into votes unless you strategic start recruiting good candidates on the local, state and national levels.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:04 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
I think that more and more, the Democrats are being recognized for what they are: a coalition of special interests whose "values" are usually distant from those of many of us trying to cope from day to day. And most of us have enough savvy not to fall for the sucker line that "rich Republican CEO's" are hiding somewhere with a huge stash of money for the virtuous Democrats to loot and redistribute.

As each group of newcomers has been assimilated into the socioeconomic mainstream, they have discarded the "easy answers" and petty, vicious class-warfare rhetoric peddled to them, usually by the Democrats. Unfortunately, this task is also made more difficult by the traitors and betrayers of true upward mobility -- most notably, the unionized "educators" who seek to manufacture group-think in less-successful school systems, the purveyors of the "culture of lawsuit" and the blame-game, the producers of shallow entertainment that doesn't challenge the viewer to look any deeper.

If all else fails, they hope to turn the nation back into a Third-World-styled faux Democracy with a single dominant party, with a large collection of losers squabbling among themselves.

Donkey Business -- How to "Build" a One-Party Nation

This has been the strategy of the relative handful of radicals who took their lumps in the streets of Chicago back in August of 1968, then toadied their way into the same convention four years later in order to hijack the Democratic Party. And last November 8, particularly in the so-called "Rust Bowl", it was demonstrated to them that a majority of those of us here among the grit and sweat of the private sector and the real world won't swallow their lies.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-05-2017 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 04:08 PM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
That will probably not work? What so hard about crafting your own message about economy, healthcare, immigration, trade, drug problem, and so forth?

It seems to me the Democrats are avoiding talking about those issues because they don't have real solution or don't want to change the system.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
will never work, they've lost every election since Trump became President
LOL. and the GOP lost every one when Obama became president.

You should pay attention to the seats that open up, they are in deep red states mostly, the Democrats should never have even gotten within spitting distance.

Now for the topic on hand. Might work actually. Trump is insanely unpopular. But the Democrats need a better message in addition. They need to run on a platform that focuses on the people, not the GOP light they have been running on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies