Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 04:15 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because Trump has hotels there. Lol at thinking there is a legitimate reason.
Missed that. Now it makes sense. He has to protect his financial interests. Thanks for answering when others were too scared to cite that little factoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 08:47 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
This is Trump's ban. Why didn't he include SA?
Google is your friend. Try it and you will learn how and when the list of countries was developed.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:55 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You believe in Polls now? Go figure.........
Trump supporters are flexible when it comes to Polls and news

Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Trump's travel ban, which has it roots in Obama's travel restrictions, is overwhelmingly supported by America.

-----------------

Six in 10 American voters support the new ban on people from six predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States unless they can show they have a close relative here, according to opinion poll results released on Wednesday.

Most American voters support limited travel ban: poll | Reuters
I thought polls were fake? I also thought we did not trust online polls? It is confusing.

Anyway, I also 'support' the present travel ban, as it is now interpreted. I was not one of those that argued that the President had 'no authority' to impose such travel restrictions, but I did think 'Ban No. 1' was ill-advised and poorly implemented. I doubt the current version will do much good, but it does make some feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Anyway, it is, by its own terms, temporary, until Trump implements 'severe' vetting (although he had already done so, May 5th, as I noted in another thread).

Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 AM

937 posts, read 699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
60% approval isn't overwhelmingly support. It's a slight majority. And 23% of that 60% that support the ban only "somewhat support" the travel ban in the watered down form in which it is being enacted.
Polls can be twisted anyway the pollster wants it to be. This is another example.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Why isn't Saudi Arabia on the list?

Because it's a Dog & Pony Show and not a real attempt at keeping the bad out of America.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or Pakistan? How about Russia? Oh they are our "friends".
According to Obama and Hillary they are. Remember the botched RESET button thing?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Nobody asked me, I think the travel ban is like throwing water on a grease fire. It really does nothing but add fuel to the fire.

It's part of the show. It makes people THINK they are safer.

Meanwhile, the real problem, is radicalizing over the internet, people who are here already.

But if it makes some people think or believe they are safer...that new visas not being issued to those six countries is keeping us safe....have at it.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Posted by Fiyero: Because Trump has hotels there. Lol at thinking there is a legitimate reason.
Quote:
Posted by jburress: Missed that. Now it makes sense. He has to protect his financial interests. Thanks for answering when others were too scared to cite that little factoid.
- If you guys post it twice do you think a Trump Hotel will magically appear in Saudi?

- lol (Do people post lol now when they forget to transition from a Teen Chat room to the CD political forum?)

- Do people use the word Factoid (instead of the word Fact) when they're pulling information out of their *ss (and have no idea if it's accurate....an actual fact.....or not)?

It'll be nice when high school gets back in session.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:01 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
- if you guys post it twice do you think a hotel will suddenly appear in saudi?

- lol (do people post lol now when they forget to transition from a teen chat room to the cd political forum?)

- do people use the word factoid (instead of the word fact) when they're pulling information out of their *ss (and have no idea if it's accurate....an actual fact.....or not)?

It'll be nice when high school gets back in session.
lol.

I just want to point out that both sides on here are using "LOL".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies