Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 04:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Too often, LE is so obsessed with the war on drugs that they go to extreme measures when not needed. Now they are being sued again. I hope the jury awards these people millions.
-------------

wo Detroit residents filed a civil rights lawsuit against the Detroit Police Department Wednesday, alleging that several police officers needlessly and maliciously shot their three dogs during a marijuana raid.

Kenneth Savage and Ashley Franklin say that on July 22, 2016, Detroit police raided their house and found the dogs in a back yard bounded by an eight-foot-tall fence. The officers refused to let Savage and Franklin retrieve the dogs and, instead, shot them.

"At no time did City of Detroit police officers give Plaintiffs an opportunity to sequester the dogs to permit them to access the back yard where the subject marijuana was located," the lawsuit says. "Plaintiff Franklin offered to take the marijuana from the back yard and give it to the police but Defendant police officers refused."

“If you keep asking for a warrant, we are gonna kill those dogs and call child protective services to pick up your kid.”

Detroit Police Sued Again For Shooting Dogs During a Marijuana Raid - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Too often, LE is so obsessed with the war on drugs that they go to extreme measures when not needed. Now they are being sued again. I hope the jury awards these people millions.
-------------

wo Detroit residents filed a civil rights lawsuit against the Detroit Police Department Wednesday, alleging that several police officers needlessly and maliciously shot their three dogs during a marijuana raid.

Kenneth Savage and Ashley Franklin say that on July 22, 2016, Detroit police raided their house and found the dogs in a back yard bounded by an eight-foot-tall fence. The officers refused to let Savage and Franklin retrieve the dogs and, instead, shot them.

"At no time did City of Detroit police officers give Plaintiffs an opportunity to sequester the dogs to permit them to access the back yard where the subject marijuana was located," the lawsuit says. "Plaintiff Franklin offered to take the marijuana from the back yard and give it to the police but Defendant police officers refused."

“If you keep asking for a warrant, we are gonna kill those dogs and call child protective services to pick up your kid.”

Detroit Police Sued Again For Shooting Dogs During a Marijuana Raid - Hit & Run : Reason.com
I think had they done that to me I would take it Very Personal.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Sadistic cowards!

Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I catch what you're saying although you'd go down in a hail of bullets IF you tried to shoot back. Trust me, I don't think what those cops did to those dogs was right. Period.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I catch what you're saying although you'd go down in a hail of bullets IF you tried to shoot back. Trust me, I don't think what those cops did to those dogs was right. Period.
I would have done nothing then..................Personal is Personal.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
It's like the statists always tell me...

http://freedommemes.com/wp-content/u...9fa437bc34.jpg

Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
I'm waiting for the first prohibitionist to post "Any dog owned by a 'stoner' deserves to be shot."

Any takers? Or will it be the usual "Stoners just want to get stoned"...

Old 07-07-2017, 08:48 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So would I. I would have a very difficult time not responding with some form of payback.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I'm waiting for the first prohibitionist to post "Any dog owned by a 'stoner' deserves to be shot."

Any takers? Or will it be the usual "Stoners just want to get stoned"...
Either that or they'll say the dogs only have themselves to blame because they wouldn't comply.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:58 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Traditionally, police officers have opposed drug legalization, but I HONESTLY think support for that notion is fading.

Officers certainly see the ancillary grief that recreational drugs bring about, but they also see first-hand the massive resources that go into drug enforcement with little indication that it does any good.

I think you'll still find some hard-core advocates of maintaining stiff penalties for drug offenses, but there is anything but consensus on this.

I have several friends working for LAPD, these officers believe war on drugs is a failure. It put too many poor people in prison for no (good) reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies