Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:53 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times

Advertisements

Liberal here. I don't celebrate when people go bankrupt regardless of if they are republican or democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 07:53 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Probably because we're patriotic Americans who don't celebrate the demise of states that don't vote the way we'd like.
Probably because no one thinks they will be and any allegation will be met by data showing that is just a false accusation based on not liking the Governor rather than based on facts.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:57 PM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
The truth is already out. Liberals are worthless.
liberals also die protecting you--- or they maybe behinds a medical mask saving you-

Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Good for you. To each his own.

PS. Bread isn't good for you. A lot of people are also staying away from gluten. I still bake an occasional cake from scratch.
Thank you, I believe to each his own as well. I truly enjoyed the open plains and many of the people I have met over the years, there.
Gluten? Goodness, truly miniscule worries.
The men I have worked with and careers I have worked in are some of the fittest in the world. Unhealthy? No, carbohydrates and sugars with large levels of protein are necessary to put out at a certain level, bread included.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 PM

16,079 posts, read 10,744,030 times
The outcome in Kansas was never really in question -- it was headed for the toilet from the get-go. Not worthy of much comment. They willingly did it to themselves. It was hoped that it would be a learning experience for crack-pot Republicans but we will have to wait and see.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
The truth is already out. Liberals are worthless.
Thanks for sharing.

Carry on.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How long did it take you to come up with that one ? Very good, next week you can move onto sentences that contain more than 5 words . We're very proud of the progress you are making.
HA!

This coming from the hilary lover who calls other democrats who wouldn't support her a Trumpee...

That's rich.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Why don't liberals make 1000 posts about Kansas heading for bankruptcy?
Thread fail. Fake news.
"Cities, Counties, Townships, and other municipalities in the State can declare bankruptcy, but the State itself can't. For example, while Detroit can declare bankruptcy, Michigan cannot.".........
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...nkrupt_or_not/

It doesn't bother me at all that Liberals think they are as smart as me. What gets my goat is that they think I am as dumb as they are.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
The likelihood of Kansas recovering is low and its future is bleak. Why? It has no thriving cities that have a built environment attractive to professionals and single people. It put all its eggs in one basket, Johnson County in the Kansas City metro area. It is a place so extremely suburban and beige that it has a road grid that ranges from 47th street in the north to 215th street in the south. It is the one county (out of 105) that retains a high percentage of educated and middle class residents. Its three other sizable cities are an utter joke with few redeeming qualities, (Kansas City, KS, Wichita, and Topeka). True, the college towns of Lawrence and Manhattan are pleasant, but that is to be expected for the most part. The remainder of the state has an extreme brain drain, losing college graduates, middle aged career professionals, and families. The demographic reality is highly unbalanced across much of the state with a high percentage of elderly as well as an above average percentage of younger residents, a sizable percentage of those of lower socioeconomic standing unfortunately. It is hard to market Kansas outside of the Kansas City metro area when so many other choices exist in other areas of the country.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:59 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Part of the reason you will not see much talk of Kansas is that Kansas made a huge mistake following a libertarian ideal....

But then they recognized the mistake, admitted failure, and changed their course. Bankruptcy is unlikely; recovery is very likely. That does not make a very good story.

Illinois is in the opposite boat. They will always say there have been no mistakes made, will not admit failure, and will not change course. They still believe that tax and spend is the way out of their current situation and will only double down on more taxation and even greater spending. Then blame the people that try to stop them from taxing and spending.
That does make a good story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies