Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it does. these were actual recorded facts freely and quickly available, as you yourself have so freely and quickly observed.
And that's great but I explained the problem. When they do not want you to see what is on the video you have to fight them in court to get it. This shows it can be quickly made available to the public and the excuses made in other case are just that, excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 01:54 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I think it's pretty clear

In this instance, when the video was favorable to the police, the video was quickly produced.

In other instances, when the video was less favorable to the police, the video was not quickly produced.
In all fairness to the police (ugh) any accusations of misconduct caught on video are part of an ongoing investigation and therefore not released immediately.

Why we've decided to allow such a protocol I don't know. But I just work here.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:55 PM

404 posts, read 193,299 times
Well he did say "my life seemed to be in danger". Was it really ?.

The cops were engaged only in verbal interaction with the driver. He has some serious issues to address for himself if he believes what was evidently a civil exchange would somehow place his life in danger.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:26 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

I think it's pretty clear

In this instance, when the video was favorable to the police, the video was quickly produced.

In other instances, when the video was less favorable to the police, the video was not quickly produced.
Honestly...I must say that this just isn't much of a point. If something had occurred during this stop that placed the officers in some kind of legal jeopardy, there would arise, as predictably as the sunrise, a number of complicating issues relating to the potential prosecution (and defense) of the officers that would weigh against releasing the video immediately.

Conversely, if the stop was uneventful (and this one was), no such complicating issues arise, and there would be no particular reason to sit on the video.

If you find this a less than satisfactory arrangement, I suppose you could lobby for the repeal of the 5th Amendment. I doubt you would garner much support for that initiative, however.

In any event, what you saw here was a less-than-alert driver dropping a "duck" (i.e., the easy opportunity to write a traffic citation) in the laps of the officers in the police cruiser behind him. And the local constabulary was probably doing their citizens a favor in releasing the video, by letting the locals know that if they drop a duck in front of a traffic cop, he's likely to take it.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:30 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
I honestly believe that some leftists are so consumed with rage and cop hatred that they actually convince themselves that they are being discriminated against. Thank god for dash cameras, body cameras, and audio recording.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:33 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Geez, I'm sorry, but as a black guy who's actually BEEN through "Driving While Black" situations from cops, and have been harassed, this crap just gives us a bad name.

I've been pulled over and have had normal traffic stops, I've been harassed, I've also have had a cop pull me over to compliment my car (I was driving a Mustang GT with headers and exhaust that sounded nice). In all of the instances, I was just respectful, courteous, and the cops eventually left me alone.

This whole "OH NOES I'M BLACK AND I SEE A COP SO I GOTTA BE SKURRED" stuff is BS.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Geez, I'm sorry, but as a black guy who's actually BEEN through "Driving While Black" situations from cops, and have been harassed, this crap just gives us a bad name.

I've been pulled over and have had normal traffic stops, I've been harassed, I've also have had a cop pull me over to compliment my car (I was driving a Mustang GT with headers and exhaust that sounded nice). In all of the instances, I was just respectful, courteous, and the cops eventually left me alone.

This whole "OH NOES I'M BLACK AND I SEE A COP SO I GOTTA BE SKURRED" stuff is BS.
Depends on where you live.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:45 PM

404 posts, read 193,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

Sonnymarkjiz, we need you to go out and spread the word to deranged White people that cops and Black people are not in allout war or about to embark on allout war against police people. Yeah, thats right, put some of the troublemaking malicious left wingers in their place with real facts and not hyped up divisive hyperbole spouted by liberals, with the health and well being of Black people furthest from their minds.

Black people must be getting sick and tired of all this nonsense.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
That cop is a class act who acted professionally and didn't take the bait, take it personally, or escalate the situation.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That cop is a class act who acted professionally and didn't take the bait, take it personally, or escalate the situation.
We need them all to be like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies