Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:25 AM

39,190 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Now, this is what she actually said
well, she also said

Muslim-Americans' number one priority should be protecting and defending their communities, not assimilating or pleasing people in power.

The only part I'd agree with is the "pleasing people in power" part.

Does she view America as a multicultural state of unassimilated tribes ?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:23 PM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Now, this is what she actually said
Quote:
During her speech, Sarsour told a story about a man who asked the Muslim prophet “What is the best form of jihad or struggle?” The answer from the prophet, according to Sarsour was: “A word of truth in front of a tyrant ruler or leader, that is the best form of jihad. I hope that when we stand up to those who oppress our communities, that Allah accepts from us that as a form of jihad, that we are struggling against tyrants and rulers not only abroad in the Middle East or the other side of the world, but here in the United States of America, where you have fascists and white supremacists and Islamophobes reigning in the White House,”

Guess Mohammad (A self professed, Illiterate, Murdering, slaving, child rapist) must have been looking into the mirror when he said this
By all measures Jim Jones and David Karesh did less damage to the world.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-07-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 01:32 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Activist Linda Sarsour Calls for 'Jihad' Against Trump Administration | Fox News Insider

In this speech she wants the American Muslim community to launch a "jihad" against Trump, and then says her only loyalty is to Islam and the Muslim community, not to the United States, and that she isn't interesting in assimilating into American culture.
Is that mutiny: "an open rebellion against the proper authorities"?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, she also said

Muslim-Americans' number one priority should be protecting and defending their communities, not assimilating or pleasing people in power.

The only part I'd agree with is the "pleasing people in power" part.

Does she view America as a multicultural state of unassimilated tribes ?
Why can't she simultaneously embrace her country and religion? Is it a Muslim belief that one embraces religion over nationality, and attacks one's own country in the name of religion?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:35 PM

39,190 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Why can't she simultaneously embrace her country and religion? Is it a Muslim belief that one embraces religion over nationality, and attacks one's own country in the name of religion?
I don't think she embraces her country, unless a community = country.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Activist Linda Sarsour Calls for 'Jihad' Against Trump Administration | Fox News Insider

In this speech she wants the American Muslim community to launch a "jihad" against Trump, and then says her only loyalty is to Islam and the Muslim community, not to the United States, and that she isn't interesting in assimilating into American culture.
This is why I don't like headline journalism.

The article states that the activist called for a non-violent Jihad (something the headline did not specify, knowing who their target audience is) and that a "Muslim American's number one priority is protecting and defending their communities," not "assimilating or pleasing people in power."

To be clear, she's advocating for non-violence, anti-elitism, and grassroots movements. Aside from presumably being a liberal and certainly be a Muslim, I'm having a hard time finding what about this should actually bother members of Cult 45. Without slanting the headlines of course. Simply saying she calls for Jihad makes it much easier to object to rather than being honest.

And I didn't vote Trump so I'm a little unclear on where I'm supposed to shout this, so I'll just do it here: "Fake news!"

Old 07-07-2017, 01:41 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since she is calling for a Jihad that means the secret service should investigate her. She might have added hat she want a non violent jihad but we all know that Muslims don't have a non violent jihad. Muslims and their jihad means "take over and use all means"!
She did.

You need to read the articles before you post.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
^^^Indoctrination by cultural Marxists.^^^

Cultures can't be stolen. Western culture/civilization was created and evolved organically. Most of the rest of the world has been adopting western culture, American culture in particular (art, music, film, language, cuisine, clothing, etc.). If we apply your logic, they are stealing our culture.
Careful: that's a kick in the gut to a SJW, even tho it's the truth!

Old 07-07-2017, 04:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Her basic argument I've heard is that Islamic terrorists are no different than white supremacists. But the U.S. government and media unfairly target Islamic terrorists.
That Sansour woman's kind would fit right in with storm front since the original nazis had Muslim SS groups during WW II. BTW: she's also "white".

Tho word is the Sufi Muslims are decent.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:43 PM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That Sansour woman's kind would fit right in with storm front since the original nazis had Muslim SS groups during WW II. BTW: she's also "white".

Tho word is the Sufi Muslims are decent.
I believe the ones that are decent are the ones that dont wish Sharia on the world, dont consider a Murdering Slaving Pedophile to be the perfect man, don't want to create Islamic Republics, and dont practice FGM in the name of their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.