Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 09:14 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I reject that.
Why?

Quote:
We don't have that either.
More than before, we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFL View Post
Why?
Because we can have it.

Quote:
More than before, we do.
For some and it's more expensive for others.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFL View Post
Obamacare IS NOT FAILING, especially compared to what we had before. Can we please BURY THIS MYTH
Wouldn't it be great if we could just stick with the truth instead of all this propaganda and BS?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
The GOP is stepping on their own feet. Sort of striking to see so much fumbling with the GOP controlling the POTUS, house, and senate, a total majority. In my lifetime I have never seen an administration appear to be so inept.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Single payer is the only way to go.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:44 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because we can have it.
I think I misunderstood you, haha. I hope you're right, but I feel like America is too conservative, at least at this point, for that to happen.

Quote:
For some and it's more expensive for others.
This is unarguably true, which is the problem with money in health insurance.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:11 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I disagree.

Their plan is pass those tax cuts for the 1%ers.

If they could create some money-making opportunities, say upping the military budget, all well and good.

But after years of flogging the national debt crisis tale, they have got to come up with some reason why tax cuts make sense. They've tried the old trickle-down nonsense and nobody is buying it. So now they are going with how much money we'll be saving by kicking millions off health insurance.

It's bound to be a tough sale, particularly for those who will be losing their medical care. Rural areas will really feel the pinch as they are bound to lose hospitals and medical providers.
I agree. They don't care if people have insurance or not.

They NEVER had a healthcare plan. NEVER

The House and Senate bills are about tax cuts. That's all they're concerned about.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:27 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I agree. They don't care if people have insurance or not.

They NEVER had a healthcare plan. NEVER

The House and Senate bills are about tax cuts. That's all they're concerned about.
Rural areas will be hit hardest.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:36 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Analysis | One reason the GOP health bill is a mess: No one thought Trump would win
Toomey did not participate in detailed Republican planning sessions on the Senate Finance Committee about how to reshape the nation’s health laws if Trump won the election — because no such planning sessions were really ever held.
Every important Republican leader expected Democrat Hillary Clinton to win, and that left Republicans confused and paralyzed about how to proceed when she didn’t.
Moderator cut: copyright violation
Analysis | One reason the GOP health bill is a mess: No one thought Trump would win

They had E-I-G-H-T~ Y-E-A-R-S to draft a health care plan while they belly-ached and promised daily to repeal and replace Obama-Care, but they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING(not even a draft) to offer......DESPITE Trump's BS how "they had a better plan", ROTFLMBO,LOL!

Oh and don't miss~McConnell hints gop may not be able to repeal ObamaCare
McConnell says GOP must shore up ACA insurance markets if Senate bill dies
McConnell says GOP must shore up ACA insurance markets if Senate bill dies
That part about McConnell admitting defeat and shoring up ACA markets is quite humorous. He must really be desperate to show something positive, for the first time in his tenure. If the President can be removed by reason of mental incompetence, why not him, as well?

Old 07-08-2017, 09:31 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
That's a very valid point pknopp about the tax payers bailing out some of the 1%, but what about the self made that hit it big? I'm sure some of them would resent being taxed more to pay for some one elses health care. What about lottery winners? Should they be expected to kick in an extra amount to fund health care?

Another valid point evilcart. Perhaps the laws need to be changed? Our accountant said the very same thing when we were trying to figure out how to minimize about a 30k capital gain on one of our income properties going on the market next year. She said the tax laws were written for the benefit of the 1%, not for us little people.

I was listening to one of the talking heads one morning discuss how all of everyone in the white house on down need to have the same health care that the rest of us have to have. I think all of the special perks need to be taken away. I wonder how many of them would fight for Ocare if that was all they had?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies