Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Leftist science surrounding climate change isn't real science at all.
Can you explain why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 08:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Your concern over your great grand kids at the expense of myself is what bothers me. I don't care about your kids or generations. I just simply don't. I only care about me and what's important to me NOW. Sorry.
That is exactly what my ultraconservative cousin told me. I respect your honesty because your opinion is the true stance of the deniers of global warming.

Denying the science has always been a farce. It is a farce now and it is a farce by those who bring up in this thread.

The science is real and has been real. The evidence is overwhelming.

Like my cousin told me when I asked about the effects on his kids, he told me he will be dead and its their problem. The only thing that matters is how much does he have in his pocket today.

That is what passes for conservative philosophy today.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:00 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
That is exactly what my ultraconservative cousin told me. I respect your honesty because your opinion is the true stance of the deniers of global warming.

Denying the science has always been a farce. It is a farce now and it is a farce by those who bring up in this thread.

Like my cousin told me when I asked about the effects on his kids, he told me he will be dead and its their problem. The only thing that matters is how much does he have in his pocket today.

That almost sounds like child abuse. I know, that is reaching.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:

Why are the temps revised up.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:

I DO NOT CARE about you or your family. Sorry, I don't. BTW, if you truly cared about the Earth you'd eat a bullet since humans are a parasite on this planet, so until population controls are instituted, this entire Leftist meme of saving the planet is a joke.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:08 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Can you explain why?
Because when the models consistently fail, the hypothesis is wrong, but that's not how this is going, they keep pushing the narrative even when they can't reproduce what they claim is happening. There is also this thing about variables. There are so many variables at work within climate change and science doesn't even understand all of them, so they just plug in a smoking tailpipe and factory smoke stack to fill the gap to TRY and get the results they are fishing for. ALSO, an even bigger clue, the fudging of data, real science wouldn't have to fudge anything. REAL science and it's results speak for itself. Oh, one more thing, Peer Review is not real science. It's a group of like minded zombies agreeing on something to attain their shared end goals.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
It is true that the polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. Whether it is caused by us humans or just a natural cycle is still up for debate. I agree we should cut down emissions just for our health alone but I don't completely believe we are causing global warming. In a nutshell I am on the fence about the whole issue.
From NASA Sea Level Rise, After the Ice Melted and Today

Quote:
Global sea level has fluctuated widely in the recent geologic past. It stood 4-6 meters above the present during the last interglacial period, 125,000 years ago, but was 120 m lower at the peak of the last ice age, around 20,000 years ago
Going back just 18,000 years ago ice sheets covered all of Michigan and much of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. In 18,000 years the ice sheet has receded approximately 1,800 miles or or 1 miles every 10 years!

Today the leftist agenda, and yes globull warmbing has become political, would have you think 50 feet a year is bad but from 18,000 years ago the ice has been receding at over 500 feet per year.

Obviously the cave man and his uncontrolled fires in caves.

My message to the doom and gloomers of globull warmbing; you have lied, finagled and cheated so much I no longer believe anything you say.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Let me guess, you believed Marlboro when they said smoking was good for you. Now you believe Exxon when they say climate change doesn't exist.
Let me guess, you believed The Government when they said slavery should be legal. Now you believe Al Gore when he says you should use less energy while he uses 100 times the average American.

BTW, everybody agrees with climate change.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Let me guess, you believed The Government when they said slavery should be legal. Now you believe Al Gore when he says you should use less energy while he uses 100 times the average American.

BTW, everybody agrees with climate change.
Why is more efficient bad?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:24 AM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Angela Merkel said it best, must be nice to have a leader with a Doctorates in Physical Chemistry that understands science. Although Trump sounded quite different yesterday, he seems to be heading in the right direction away from his Chinese Hoax comments.

Quote:
“Since the withdrawal of the U.S., we’re more determined than ever that this be a success,” Merkel said Thursday, according to Deutsche Welle. “We can’t wait for the last man on earth to be convinced by the scientific evidence for climate change'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies