Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:24 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times

Advertisements

Fascinating. The Hypocrite-in-Chief is cracking down on leakers so he will be the only one allowed to blab intel to BFF Putin. I can't believe this is the world we now live in.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:42 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Fascinating. The Hypocrite-in-Chief is cracking down on leakers so he will be the only one allowed to blab intel to BFF Putin. I can't believe this is the world we now live in.
I can't believe that I share the same world with someone who believes such nonsense.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:00 PM

45,363 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Sure. Some could be aides Trump selected. It's no secret that there are factions in the inner circle.
Doesn't matter who they are, Trump appointees or Obama holdovers, if they're leaking (or making **** up as some of the really nonsensical stuff seems to be) or giving unauthorized interviews you bring fire and brimstone. If Priebus can't do that, and that's his job, he needs to be replaced by someone who will. I'd do it but I'm enjoying retirement and don't feel like commuting into DC.

As ADM Ernest King (didn't) say, "When things get tough they bring in the sons of *******".

Old 07-07-2017, 12:52 PM

252 posts, read 124,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I can't believe that I share the same world with someone who believes such nonsense.
That's tame as far as what the Anti Trump aka Anti Americans actually believe. Imagine being someone who studies these people's brains! Yikes.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:58 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
The Idiot-In-Chief thinks that leaks are the problem. Everything he says or does demonstrates his cluelessness.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:08 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's not nonsense at all. That's why I believe it. Do you not remember that Trump leaked Israeli intel to the Russians? Here's an article to refresh your recollection.

Trump shared classified info with Russians: sources - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-07-2017, 01:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The calls are coming from inside the house!
Of course they are. What is better protection for a leaker than hollering loudly about leaks?

Every 21st century President so far has had lots of problems with leaking. It should be obvious by now that the Presidency, as it has gained and consolidated ever more power in the White House alone, is going to be as leaky as a sieve until Congress re-asserts itself and takes back some of the authority it so willingly handed over.

Every single person who anonymously spills the beans is looking for as much deniability as can be found. Leaking has become a political tool like any other, and has been for decades now.

If not for a leaker, Watergate would have never uncovered Nixon's misdeeds. No one ever thought Deep Throat would ever reveal himself, and Mark Felts- Deep Throat- did more to bring Nixon down than any other individual in the huge cast of people involved in Watergate.

Felts was a lifelong FBI man, a patriot, and understood that if criminality was permitted in the highest place in our government, none of us were safe from it.

So he did something about it, but he was not a martyr; he wanted to remain in the FBI, where he was of service to his country, so he leaked all the most important info bit by bit, allowing the information he gave lead all the others to their own facts and findings.
And when the others hit another dead end, Felts pointed them in the right direction once more until the full truth was revealed at last.

In a nation of law, that's the act of a true patriot to me. If others disagree, so be it.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:14 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
There is no greater leak than Trump's mouth.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:38 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
A lot of the leaks could be coming out of the white house itself.
I don't think there's any doubt whatsoever that they're coming from his own staff. That's what is frustrating him so.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:43 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I don't think there's any doubt whatsoever that they're coming from his own staff. That's what is frustrating him so.
Of course. Some of it is intentional, as a way of steering our childish President around by the TV screen. I'm sure that if his staff could put a ring in his nose, they were prefer that to leaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies