Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As CEO, what would you do with CNN?
Stay the course. Fighting Trump is fun and sells air time. 11 18.97%
Fake news sells quite well. Expand Fake News stories and stop all pretense of real news. 8 13.79%
Change the name to CEN; Cable Entertainment Network with a byline of "We hate Trump". 8 13.79%
Sell the company to George Soros. 1 1.72%
Start reporting facts with NO agenda. 31 53.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:49 PM

2,965 posts, read 1,152,287 times

Advertisements

I posted this before Cnn should go back atlanta Georgia and start all over again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:41 PM

41,835 posts, read 74,888,459 times
That's a pretty loaded survey, but to answer the question, CNN needs to get back to separating objective news and news discussion/opinion so that the distinction is clear even to viewers who aren't that bright.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,177,546 times
Get rid of Tapper, Cuomo and Acosta. Replace them with moderates, change the logo bc it is toxic. And most importantly, be honest. Encourage thought, question trump when he is wrong, recognize when he is right. It's not that hard

Old 07-07-2017, 05:56 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,142,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
My statement was correct. CNN is a division of Turner Broadcasting System, which is owned by Time Warner.

That's the correct parlance. Saying CNN is a division of Time Warner isn't quite accurate.
Dude, all I'm saying is that you left out the part where TBS is owned by TW. That's it. Nothing more. It was an omission that I expanded on since the OP was talking about "CEO". The only CEO is that of Time Warner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Please point to where in the OP that it says CNN has a CEO.

And as usual, you missed the point entirely.
*casually points to the title of the thread*

There is no CEO of CNN. CNN has a president.
There is no CEO of TBS. TBS has a president.
The only CEO is that of Time Warner.

But if that's what you "meant" by "CEO of CNN", the entire point of the thread is moot because Time Warner's stocks are doing just fine and thus the CEO is doing exactly as you said he should. He is indeed delivering the most value to shareholders.

Must suck to know that your rage over CNN doesn't match up to how their stocks are performing.

Quote:
Hmmm..... CNN is not publicly traded. So what's your source?
If you truly believe that, then why are you asking what posters would do if they were "CEO of CNN" to "deliver the most value to your shareholders".

But fun fact in case you missed it the first few times.

CNN is owned by TBS. TBS is owned by Time Warner. Time Warner is publicly traded. And their stocks are doing great.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:00 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,630,096 times
Same thing I'm doing now: laugh at all the snowflakes who lit their hair on fire over a TV station.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:31 PM

29,194 posts, read 22,240,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The pathology of corporations usually starts at the top so the CEO shouldn't be expected to do anything since he obviously doesn't have a problem with any of this.

Turner Broadcasting Systems* should fire the CEO and those in front of the camera engaging in all this b.s., perhaps all of the C-suite, issue an apology and hire some good P.R. people to help them rebrand in an effort to save their image.

*CNN is a division of TBS, not a division of Time Warner
No, not any more. CNN was sold out of TBS some time ago, and is now independent of both TBS and Time Warner.

As to what the CEO should do, I have nothing to say. That's entirely up to him and his board of directors. All cable news is a business, and in my estimation, all news agencies should be either non-profit and/or free from all advertising if they are to be truly neutral in their reportage.

That's an impossibility, of course, so it is to be expected there will always be some slant in there, somewhere. If not in political affiliation, then in the betterment of a big advertiser. But that's the way our news has always been from the very beginning.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:32 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,704,893 times
CNN is going to the grave...

Old 07-07-2017, 06:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,509,364 times
I'd quit!

Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,381,475 times
The first thing I'd do is not take any advice from Trumpettes who hate real news.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
They clearly need a corporate strategy and have several options. As CEO, your responsibility is to deliver the most value to your shareholders. So what say you?
if i were the CEO of CNN, i would resign and get a real job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies