Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:20 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
What about the other 8 people that joined in? must have pissed off the whole club... is sure he dropped the " I'm american" ...respect me card
Nobody knows what really happened. I think it is reasonable to assume that if the security guard and nine other people followed him outside, he must have really pissed them off. Based on his age, my guess is that he challenged one of them to a fight and didn't expect an entire group to take him up on the offer. I am not saying that he deserved to die, but talking **** in a bar is one of dumbest things that anyone can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 02:22 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
A young man was beaten to death. No matter what he did or said.....he did not deserve to die. I hope the murders pay a heavy legal price for such brutality.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Sucked to be him.

Greece is a long way to go to get your ass kicked.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:49 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The police are addressing the matter.

I've traveled and well, alot of Americans can be very arrogant and rude in foreign countries. Americans need to understand that the world does not function exactly as the United States does ... especially so in less developed countries like Greece. Does this excuse what happened? Absolutely not. A general rule of thumb is not to start fights with authority figures like cops or security guards in foreign countries. Do what your told to do ... immediately.
Oh the UGLY Americans are despised with their elitist attitudes- sorry for the boy-and family-- the horror- but when they going to learn to go humbly into other's countries.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:12 PM

783 posts, read 576,271 times
A lot of the comments in this thread are really silly. A 22 year old possibly did or said something in a bar, probably drunk, that made some people mad. How many times do you think that story plays out around the world every night? A lot, I'm sure. So why do so many people here seem to think that 10 people ganging up and beating someone to death for that is just par for the course?

I hope that Greece makes every effort to prosecute these people and put anyone who laid a hand on him in jail for a long time.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
I've traveled and well, alot of Americans can be very arrogant and rude in foreign countries. ...

Yes, that is very true. The traditional 'Ugly American'.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:38 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
There are some heartless comments here. The victim was so brutally beaten, he died before reaching the hospital. I can't imagine the pain his family is experiencing losing him in such a horrific manner.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:49 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
The police are addressing the matter.

I've traveled and well, alot of Americans can be very arrogant and rude in foreign countries. Americans need to understand that the world does not function exactly as the United States does ... especially so in less developed countries like Greece. Does this excuse what happened? Absolutely not. A general rule of thumb is not to start fights with authority figures like cops or security guards in foreign countries. Do what your told to do ... immediately.
Absolutely agree. Certainly his death is tragic and need to be investigated, but all too often there are young Americans both male and female who travel to foreign places carrying their baggage of spoiled, obnoxious and entitled attitude. Most foreign folks tolerate such idiocy, but every so often something bad goes down.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:44 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Bakari Henderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to*Know

I haven't seen a lot of details emerging on this one. I guess he didn't have any friends with him at the bar? Maybe not the best plan, but it was apparently a tourist bar. Something went way wrong, poor guy.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
AUSTIN - A 22-year-old Austinite has died after he was beat to death by 10 people in the early hours of Friday while he was on vacation on a Greek island, his family has confirmed to KVUE.

Bakari Henderson -- who was an Anderson High School graduate according to former classmates of his -- is currently a student at the University of Arizona, but is originally from Austin.

According to the Daily Mail, Henderson was battered to death in the street by attackers who are believed to have used brass knuckles during the attack. The publication said the fight started when Henderson got in an argument with a security guard inside a bar.

I bet they took their rage out on him because of US policy in the middle east ruining their country......

Austinite beat to death while on vacation on Greek island | KVUE.com
It was 3:15 AM and alcohol was involved.

According to other reports, the security guard and bartender followed him outside and began the beating. Others joined in.

Bakari Henderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to*Know

The area is known for rowdy tourist behavior. A Brit and a Serb have been arrested and charged.

No telling what they were fighting about at 3:15 AM, in a bar, precipitating the beating and this young man's death. Why speculate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies